You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Deadly's Thought of the Day 2
Bottom
Topic Subject:Deadly's Thought of the Day 2
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 14 October 2001 05:32 PM EDT (US)         
Topic: Finishing Moves

Is it really necessary to have those finishing moves.
It doens't add to the game IMO

What do you guys think?

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
AuthorReplies:
ArrangedEarth
Mortal
posted 14 October 2001 05:36 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
DOESN'T ADD TO THE GAME?!?!?! Are you nuts?!

A . R . R . A . N . G . E . D . E . A . R . T . H
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 14 October 2001 05:37 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
its just eye-candy, that doesn't strike me as that cool.

SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 14 October 2001 05:40 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
I think it adds and i like it alot. It's very cool looking.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

ArrangedEarth
Mortal
posted 14 October 2001 05:43 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
It makes the game more fun... if the game is fun then you'll want to play the game more... which leads to high replayablity in a game...

cornergraf
Mortal
posted 14 October 2001 06:33 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
what are you talking about ? please explain

What can i do now ?
alLan Mandragoran
Mortal
posted 14 October 2001 06:43 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15       
finishin moves will be nice. it gets boring watching the same attacks over and overrrrrrrrrrr.
Clarissimus
Mortal
posted 14 October 2001 07:36 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
How do we know they are finishing moves?
ArrangedEarth
Mortal
posted 14 October 2001 07:46 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15       
MUs have 'em and we know cuz there is there is movies showing it...

Clarissimus
Mortal
posted 14 October 2001 08:03 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15       
No, I mean what if they are some kind of special power?

Like maybe the Medusę can turn enemies to stone or Frost Giants can freeze enemies by a certain power. You click a different button or press a different hotkey to get them to use it. Then they have to wait for their superpower to recharge, like monks with conversion. You could maybe research a tech to make in recharge faster, like Illumination was for monks. Then while the power is recharging they would fight with a normal attack.

Now here's why I think this:

If you watch the video of the MU's fighting, you will notice that the Cyclops swings his club just once before he hefts that poor squiring spearsman and hurls him across the battlefield. But did you notice just how long it took him to do that?
The first strike took about 2 sec (movie time), but the picking up and throwing took 9 sec! Meanwhile, the other spearmen stand stabbing away. This seems like a waste of time for just a finishing move. What if the unit just had 1 HP left? It would be much faster just to club it to death.

ArrangedEarth
Mortal
posted 14 October 2001 08:10 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15       
Quoted from Clarissimus:
Like maybe the Medusę can turn enemies to stone or Frost Giants can freeze enemies by a certain power.

I think it's random....

Quoted from Clarissimus:
If you watch the video of the MU's fighting, you will notice that the Cyclops swings his club just once before he hefts that poor squiring spearsman and hurls him across the battlefield. But did you notice just how long it took him to do that?
The first strike took about 2 sec (movie time), but the picking up and throwing took 9 sec! Meanwhile, the other spearmen stand stabbing away. This seems like a waste of time for just a finishing move. What if the unit just had 1 HP left? It would be much faster just to club it to death.

Everyone noticed that... maybe the cyclops takes no damage during the finishing move?

deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 14 October 2001 08:31 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
Quote:
You click a different button or press a different hotkey to get them to use it.

MicroManagement!!

Scorpion_KIng
Mortal
posted 14 October 2001 09:48 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
I hope u paid zonernick for this... lol

Im just rembering the old days when the casual "Zonernick thought of the day" was around but hey u brought it out of the dust thats pretty nice, and as long as I remebered he used to explain his thoughts. And quite frankly u just made a poll. Give us your thoght about why u put those opinion

-Scorp, in the flesh and a couple of scales

Yep that will the day when pigs can fly rains malted chocolate and hell freezez like and popcycle
Burning creations
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 14 October 2001 10:06 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15       
yea, i have hard time thinking of thoughts to type, and its only my second one!! Its not exactly a poll, its turned intoa "why are finishing moves soo cool" topic

[This message has been edited by deadlydentures (edited 10-14-2001 @ 10:07 PM).]

Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 15 October 2001 01:59 AM EDT (US)     14 / 15       
I think finishing moves are cool, they make the game look more unique. On the other hand, I don't think it's necessary if each unit will have a finishing move (can't think of archers' finishing move ).

Quote:

Maybe because it wasn't his finishing move, but his special power, just like the medusa's turning units to stone is her special power.

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect
Alexandergreat3
Mortal
posted 15 October 2001 12:57 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15       
Quoted from Clarrissimus:
Quote:

Quote:
The first strike took about 2 sec (movie time), but the picking up and throwing took 9 sec! Meanwhile, the other spearmen stand stabbing away. This seems like a waste of time for just a finishing move. What if the unit just had 1 HP left? It would be much faster just to club it to death

I think it's probably because the game is in the developmental stage right now, so those things will likely change be changed to improve on balance issues.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames