You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.32 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Isis is bad now- Who's good? What about Gaia
Bottom
Topic Subject:Isis is bad now- Who's good? What about Gaia
SilverOsirisAOM
Mortal
posted 27 January 2004 10:40 AM EDT (US)         
They really killed off Isis. But luckily turma is balanced now. Does anyone remember when i said "I bet you $100 that by January Gaia will be good"? Well... It seems i was right. Gaia eco techs are decreased 10%. That makes her eco techs cheraper than Isis'. Anyone think another god will be stronger? I have 2 last questions. 1. Will Oceanus be more popular now that Carnivora is beefed up? 2. Greeks are still bad. I was really itching for them to decrease fortress cost. All they did was speed up minos and cyclopes and a fe other tweaks. Also, they didnt even help posiedon OR Set.

I told you I'd be back.
AuthorReplies:
Vergil
Mortal
(id: Revan_)
posted 27 January 2004 10:42 AM EDT (US)     1 / 32       
wtf? They didnt kill Isis, she is still going to be strong. You sound like another Isis wh0re, being that the changes actually make her balanced instead of OP

VergiL
The Fora Augusta
"Hey bastards, knock knock" - Sarge
"Ha, piss on that, I'm bringing a ma-cha-te!" - Putman, Club Dread
Fwiffo del desierto
Mortal
(id: Fwiffo)
posted 27 January 2004 02:07 PM EDT (US)     2 / 32       
Gaia's still going to suck because she can't counter myth units.

Everyone got AIDS and shit
SirGrayhorn
Mortal
posted 27 January 2004 02:13 PM EDT (US)     3 / 32       
god its like if she don't have valor she is useless, she can still counter myht units stop being so dramatic. i think isis is still good, they should not have taken away her cheaper advance times thou. that was what she was about, thats her whole basis its been like that through out and i don't think it should change.

the radius reduction is not much at all, i think it is still gonna be a problem. when placed cautiously isis will still beat off most GP attacks on her base like forest fire, and locust swarm.

But just as the smoke cleared, a red cloak of silk burnt and battle worn blew past the fire, and from the buring embers of the catapault Sir Grayhorn emerged, Jalmal's Bain still strongly grasped in his right hand and his kite shield lined with steel pierced with arrows held high in his left. The hero had endured.
SilverOsirisAOM
Mortal
posted 27 January 2004 03:39 PM EDT (US)     4 / 32       
i geuss she will still be ok, but you can say adios to the Isis Fast Heroic Anc/Eclipse. The age up cost is now normal which was a huge advantage for old Isis. And the ancestor minions' attack is decreased by 2! Doesnt sound like much, but it also decreases the effect of eclipse on it because its a + %.

I told you I'd be back.
futurehermit
Mortal
posted 27 January 2004 03:40 PM EDT (US)     5 / 32       
isis will still be strong.

gaia does have a hard time with heavy myth because hero conversion *favor* cost is quite pricy in particular. if you don't know this you don't play gaia often enough.

don't look for the next bandwagon to get cheap wins from, play who you want to play. if you like isis, she will still be in the top 3-5 very easily.

fh

Quircus
Mortal
posted 27 January 2004 03:46 PM EDT (US)     6 / 32       
Eclipsed-Ancestors will have 12 attack, which is pretty good IMO.

But non-eclisped ancestors will only have 8??

It's now like we HAVE to cast Eclipse to make them any good!

Einstein_006
Mortal
posted 27 January 2004 04:51 PM EDT (US)     7 / 32       
Go spam some more mercs and cry on some other forum that your precious o/p civ is getting nerfed... Sorry we're not all lamers like you.

Quote:

gaia does have a hard time with heavy myth because hero conversion *favor* cost is quite pricy in particular. if you don't know this you don't play gaia often enough.

Hehe, for once I agree with you, lol. Ya, for atlanteans in general, hero conversion is TERRIBLE because it's so expensive, especially favor wise.

Turma were always balanced, imo the nerf was unnececessary. Turma spamming was like hades tox in vanilla aom 1.00, they seemed unbeatable. Then you learned how to beat em and it was okay. Atties were o/p cuz of stupid katalpetes.

Quircus
Mortal
posted 27 January 2004 04:56 PM EDT (US)     8 / 32       
Well, actually I havent played Isis since AOM 1.02.

I am a proud Ra Player, and therefore cannot get Ancestors.

I get the impression you were/are one of those people that didn't know that a few heroes completely pwns Ancestors? j/k...

GoldenShadow
Mortal
posted 27 January 2004 06:52 PM EDT (US)     9 / 32       
With the new damage bonus agianst Turmas for infantry, it truly make Turmas ONLY good against archers and they get slaughtered by cav and now infantry just as bad. Now if the Atlantean player uses Turmas + cheirros, you can counter with cavalry. if they use Turmas + katas, you can counter with infantry. If they use any other combo not including the turmas, use your own archers.
NS_Cymophane
Mortal
posted 27 January 2004 07:02 PM EDT (US)     10 / 32       
Is the patch already there?

Member of NoFx
ESO: NoFx__Cymophane from now on
My website: www.cymophane.tk with Odin recordings and some more
NoFx site: www.nofx.clans.cc
Holy_Punk
Mortal
posted 27 January 2004 08:09 PM EDT (US)     11 / 32       
I think Ra is going to be quite strong. And I think people will finally realise full potential of Egypt baracks units, especially through Ra minor god choices.
And I think Kronos is still going to be strong. He might not take your TC down, but surely can still harass you so so early in game that no non-atties can really respond to it.
Greeks are somewhat average and will remain so. Norse players will drift back to vanilla .

Holy Punk.

Holy_Punk
Mortal
posted 27 January 2004 08:09 PM EDT (US)     12 / 32       
Oh, and no Isis is not weak either, too early you count this biatch out.

Oh, and one more thing... after this patch are they going to have another one to fix Norse? Or it'll stay like this?

[This message has been edited by Holy_Punk (edited 01-27-2004 @ 08:12 PM).]

SilverOsirisAOM
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 11:09 AM EDT (US)     13 / 32       
Quircus you are wrong. Ancestors used to have 9 attack, they now have 7. Eclipse does +20% attack which would give them 8.4 (9) attack. So basically eclipsed ancestors will now have the stregnth of old regular ancestors (although the eclipsed ones will be faster).

I told you I'd be back.
Quircus
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 11:11 AM EDT (US)     14 / 32       
Nope. In AOM:TT, Eclipse adds +50% Attack.

That's why Eclipsed Ancestors have 15 attack...check for your self....

IamDominique
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 11:14 AM EDT (US)     15 / 32       
Isis will still be among the strongest. Gaia on the other hand will not. Imagine a Loki rush with a pletora of MUs - Gaia will die miserably to that even if the Gaia player's skill is higher.
eggy_slayer
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 12:14 PM EDT (US)     16 / 32       
Norse will still have a slight problem countering turmas and cheiro. Because raiding cavalry aren't that good compared statistically compared to other cavalry.

Very very good and needed patch overall. I like greeks and they aren't unplayably bad so I think I will be playing random greek from now on.

[This message has been edited by eggy_slayer (edited 01-28-2004 @ 12:15 PM).]

KS_Josey_Wales
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 12:25 PM EDT (US)     17 / 32       
I love how a couple of small changes are made to Isis so you automatically start looking for a new best civ..... which you think is likely Gaia who happened to be one of the weakest civs before the patch and didn't recieve any major upgrades to speak of IMO. Wait a few weeks to see who is going to be best.

Check out all my recorded games, strategy articles, and other great features at http://ksjoseywales.nodecam.com/index.php?cat=1 I know it's ugly as anything, but it works.
SilverOsirisAOM
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 01:45 PM EDT (US)     18 / 32       
i dont think gaia will be the best but she will be better. I think the only reason they made a patch so soon was because of the 99% bug and the turma crisis. If it werent for those i bet they wouldve waited a while to really check out which civs are balanced.

I told you I'd be back.
AsokaSoul
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 05:14 PM EDT (US)     19 / 32       
Man, I HATE civ nerfs..... I used to love it in the early stages where every civ was super strong at one aspect of the game and normal at everything else (although I fully agree with the Egyptian priest nerf, however , but some people started bi***ing about losing sorely against certain civs, so we're at the "swamp" we're at now. If ESO has to listen to every half-newbie person losing at certain civs, we'll end up fighting with bloody villagers instead of military units....
Tordenskiold
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 05:25 PM EDT (US)     20 / 32       

Quote:

Who's good?

Which ever God the experts choose to play next.

The lemmings will follow soon in masses and find a new "best" God.

People, learn to play random civs and forget these worries

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

ESO: TORDENSKIOLD
Mikaiu
Mortal
(id: KOTD_Mikaiu)
posted 28 January 2004 05:55 PM EDT (US)     21 / 32       
why is everyone so competitive? its a GAME.
futurehermit
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 06:53 PM EDT (US)     22 / 32       
the nature of the game is competitive. this has been talked about at length before. the fact that your rating is front and center every time you open the 'game' lends to it feeling a lot more competitive than it has to be. combine this with the fact that game balance is key to fun and away you go.

(if you don't know what i mean, getting smashed by an army of overpowered monkies is not 'fun', it's frustrating)

fh

SeaBass
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 07:38 PM EDT (US)     23 / 32       
What exactly makes Isis so bad now? Her monument range? Please, it was way to far reaching before. Her loss of 10% cheaper Age advance/SecretoftheTitans? 10% is 10%, not the end of the world. Ancestors loss of 2 attack? Well lets be fair it's a loss of 3 with Eclipse, but they could still destroy a TC, especially with a Sphinx or two, maybe now you have to build one more Sphinx to get that TC down, that's a good thing. You probably won't even need that extra Sphinx for an Atlantean TC, either.
Athen
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 08:35 PM EDT (US)     24 / 32       
Dont think about Nerfs, alright! And I garrentee you that Isis will be as strong as before

Top 15 RAF Ladder: [RoR]Acamas
"Macs are the computing equivalent of a dumb blond. " - Silk
Formally known as Acamas, Acamas_Samaca and Hero_Acamas
If you are interested in the [RoR] clan visit our website
SilverOsirisAOM
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 11:02 AM EDT (US)     25 / 32       
well thats stretching it Acamas. Even if she's still good, its not possible that she's better because they decreased her bonuses.

I told you I'd be back.
Spook
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 11:16 AM EDT (US)     26 / 32       
Yes but they also decreased Isis main rivals as well. Eggies might actually be viable in classic now vs atlanteans.
Quircus
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 11:23 AM EDT (US)     27 / 32       
The nerfs are not that bad, but I wish that they only had ONE of the following two nerfs:

- Isis' -10% Tech Cost bonus no longer affects Age Ups or Secrets of the Titans

- Ancestors' attack decreased by 20%.

If you think about it, if ancestors was nerfed, why did they make her main bonus weaker, if the "FH" Anc-Ecl combo was weakened?? It would discourage it anyway!

If they just made it harder to FH with the first bonus, then why do they need to nerf Ancestors??? Firstly, since it'll take a good minute or so longer to get to Heroic, it weakens Ancestors indirectly considerably...so why do they have to weaken it further!? Also, this means that Set and Osiris are weakened, which wasn't the main idea??

SilverOsirisAOM
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 11:42 AM EDT (US)     28 / 32       
How is Osiris weakened?
They had to nerf ancestors, they were too strong. But I think the cheaper ae-up was a characteristic of Isis that they shouldve kept.

I told you I'd be back.
Chubbs4U
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 12:54 PM EDT (US)     29 / 32       
its great watching all these "isis" players complain that she was nerfed too much....nothing like watching "bandwagoners" jump...
Hope_
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 06:08 PM EDT (US)     30 / 32       
Wait, isis is bad?

Im still sticking to isis for now, so far I haven't noticed much performance drop. And the kronos rush is weaker which was pretty much the only thing stopping isis from owning everything and everyone.

Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 29 January 2004 06:46 PM EDT (US)     31 / 32       
Hope's word is good enough for me!

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
SilverOsirisAOM
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 08:56 PM EDT (US)     32 / 32       
well im not gonna have much luck with any god. I got rid of all my utility programs and everything, THEN reinstalled aom AND the Titans and thegame still goes out of sync. I am very pissed and ES better figure out whats going on with all the OoS problems.

I told you I'd be back.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames