You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.20 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » And so dawns the age of atlateans
Bottom
Topic Subject:And so dawns the age of atlateans
G_STORMCROW
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 06:52 AM EDT (US)         
OR as i prefer to call them the "lamers" so the name of this game should be AGE OF LAME

and i propose that the herby never be called by their name but by "lamers" until the are fixed so maybe ES will finally listen to us and nerf them

you know that the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy the best golfer is a black guy the swiss hold the Americas cup the french are acussing the americans of arrogance and Germany doesnt want to go to war
AuthorReplies:
Theris264
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 06:59 AM EDT (US)     1 / 20       
Remember how Titans were considered way OP?
Without being nerfed, they are now hardly game-enders anymore.
BTW: this is going to be closed really soon.

Theris264
former Age of Mythology Heaven and Age of Empires III Heaven forumer||former member of Ambition Designs
"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Gandhi
Tordenskiold
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 07:01 AM EDT (US)     2 / 20       
Funny how you can tell even before the patch has even been released

I predict it still will be the Age of Egypt as it has been since day 1 of this game.

Now it will just be Ra again instead of Isis

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

ESO: TORDENSKIOLD
MR2 Pilot
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 08:23 AM EDT (US)     3 / 20       
The premise of this thread is as lame as it gets! Learn to deal with Atlanteans, most everyone else has!

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
ArmorPierce
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 09:32 AM EDT (US)     4 / 20       
titans are still pretty much game enders its just that people lives with it now because it's part of the game and that's not going to change.

ESO nick: NerVe_Pierce
Proud member of NerVe Clan
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Phat Fox
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 09:40 AM EDT (US)     5 / 20       
thats because you suck and you prolly keep getting your ass owned by them stfu noob and dont complain.

AOM Titan Info.
Rating: 1650+
Civ. : #1 Thor #2 kronos #3 Odin
ESO : Blunt_69 aka CV_KiNGPiN
Pug
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 09:42 AM EDT (US)     6 / 20       
a tad late on your discovery

R.I.P Shiva
Pascal9872
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 09:47 AM EDT (US)     7 / 20       
I really hate the lame label that we always give people. Have you ever thought that most people just play the civ they like the best. Sure there are those that switch to whatever civ is on top at the moment.

Right now around 3% of players are playing Ra and have been for quite some time. Once the patch comes out more people are going to switch to Ra because he is on a better footing than before, because of the Isis nerf that is. Of that percentage maybe 3-4% or switching because they just want to play Ra and the rest because they believe Ra is the best now.

Yet you will now call everyone who uses Ra a week or 2 from now lame and frankly that is just not right. I know many people who have stopped playing the civ they liked because it was 'lame'. And that is just not right that people have to feel forced to play something different.

So before you start to call someone lame take a moment and think how you would feel if/when your civ becomes lame.

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
Help improve RMS reviewing here
A monk I need a monk.
I thought therefore I was.
jwj442
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 10:27 AM EDT (US)     8 / 20       
It will be either Age of Ra or Age of Atlantis.
futurehermit
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 10:29 AM EDT (US)     9 / 20       
if zeus ever became lame i would laugh in everyone's face, lmao!

hardcore hades players should do the same if he becomes op'd in the next while.

(note* if either receives a boost that results in them being op'd i reserve the right to change my opinion; this is based on these gods staying how they are now).

fh

Swyck
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 12:37 PM EDT (US)     10 / 20       
G_STORMCROW is the lamer. What a wuss. If Atlanteans are so great then play them yourself.
Shifteh
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 02:05 PM EDT (US)     11 / 20       
Age of Lame; brilliant.
FriedPegasus
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 02:19 PM EDT (US)     12 / 20       

Quote:

Age of Lame; brilliant.

He was up all night thinking of it.

G_STORMCROW
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 02:25 PM EDT (US)     13 / 20       
its nice to see the atlatean players on the defensive
even though its not on the battle field
but for your information ill never play a civ that so obviosly OP that it doesnt need thinking to play and win since thats not the reason to i play RTS games esppessially those by ES hich wer

you know that the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy the best golfer is a black guy the swiss hold the Americas cup the french are acussing the americans of arrogance and Germany doesnt want to go to war
Tordenskiold
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 02:35 PM EDT (US)     14 / 20       

Quote:

but for your information ill never play a civ that so obviosly OP that it doesnt need thinking to play

Judging from your posts, you might need something that doesn't require a lot of thinking

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

ESO: TORDENSKIOLD
Vergil
Mortal
(id: Revan_)
posted 28 January 2004 04:17 PM EDT (US)     15 / 20       
So dawns the age of idiots. Seriously, Atties have been considered OP since the game came out, Its interesting that you just now came to the conclusion. And after the patch gets applied, they will be, for the most part, balanced, since the only thing people complain about is the Kronos Rush and Turma wh0ring. Everything else is fine

(and before you call me an Attie lamer, you might want to know that I play Greek)

VergiL
The Fora Augusta
"Hey bastards, knock knock" - Sarge
"Ha, piss on that, I'm bringing a ma-cha-te!" - Putman, Club Dread
IamDominique
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 07:50 PM EDT (US)     16 / 20       
Storm_Crow - You are jsut another idiot that think you are "smart" by saying "OP Atlanteans ...".

Good players recognize that atlanteans take alot of skill to play and many of the best players play them - TITAN_Perun, Troy and on and on.

Atlanteans are no more lame than any other civ - but we are all aware that there axists a subculture where little boy think they are cool by calling atlanteans lame.

The only lame in this tread is you fool! Get past 1300 and then you may post again - ****ing idiot!

Cyber_Set
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 08:28 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20       
Pascal your post moved me. But seriously that's true. I played Set in vanilla because I liked him even if he was lame. I admit I switched to Isis for abit but Set always was and will be my favorite so i'll continue to play him. You could call someone lame (that seems like a gay word. who invented it?) without thinking that maybe they just like the gods benefits. (like isis's gp blocking monuments)

C loudNine
IAmRa
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 11:06 PM EDT (US)     18 / 20       
Man what is up with these "hating on" Atlantean players post...im play Egypt mostly Ra..have been since patch 1.03 anyways

Why everyone hating on Atlanteans for?..The Turma was Nerfed...and NOTHING i repeat nothing is "Lame" this game is all about "WAR" Folks...if u know what the word "War" means...then you can just look at the Saying of the Army and that saying is"BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY"..if that means "Turma Spamming" then so be it, if it means "Hunting Deletion" so be it...i only Hunt Delete if my opponent resorts to it...any other wise i don't do...now don't get me wrong...i have done it...and it has given me and Edge...but it is no different then "Naval Blockading" that was done in WW1, and before...your "Denying" your opponent a "Resource"...it's part of "War" folks...you cna't win a war bye playing "Fair"...if we played "Fair" we woulda lost WW2 hence the H-bomb on Japan wasn't "Fair" but it had to be done cuz the USA wanted to win....in order to Win you gotta pull out all the stops bottom line

If my opponent beats me with Hunting Deletion or Turma Spamming of 3:30 kronos Rush...it's not "Lame" i was beaten fair and square..now i don't belive in using 99% bugs and hacks and cheats...but hunting Deletion, Turma Spamming, Kronos rushing, it's all part of the game folks like it or not...im not the "best" player there is but i do understand war and the ideas behind War ima give you an Example

During WW2...when Germany Invaded Russia...up until this time...as the Invading Army pushed the defending army back into his country...the invading army would "secure Ground" and would take on supplies from the Ground they had secured IE-Food, Water,Ammo,Guns,Milk,Cheese, Whatever outta the Farm houses and so forth...this had been going on for 1,000 Years...but as Russia was getting pushed back bye the Nazi's Russia "BROKE THE RULES"..bye doing the 1st ever "Slash and Burn campaign" this was as they retreated they Set EVERYTHING on Fire...set off Dynamite on their Coal Mines and blew them up...they also Light their Oil Wells on fire so the Germans couldn't use their Oil as they Advanced...this was the 1st time in history this had ever happened...and the Germans were "Shocked" this coupled with the Worst Winter in history that Frozer the German tanks lead to their Defeat

The Moral of this Story is...the Russians had to "Pull out" all the Stops to win...and it worked..sure Germany whined im sure...but who won? Russia did bye "outsmarting" their Nazi Counter parts

So if you get beat bye Hunting Deletion, Turma spamming, ect..."Lern from it" it can be beaten...if easier now Infantry get bonus damage on them....If you lose to "hunting Deletion" then next time someone does it to you...do it back to them..."Incorporate" it into your strategy and keep it in the back of your mind...Hunting Deletion is not a Hack,Bug, or anything of the Sorts...it's a way to "Deny" your opponet a resource...it's no differnt then raiding or whatever...just done in a differnt way..but the same effect as raiding none the less...which is "no food"
Like i said...i never use Hunting Deletion less my opponent starts using it on me 1st...that way...i make the game even...I lose Hunting...then he gonna Lose hunting...and it's "Fair" again

But quit calling all Atlantean players "Newbs"..there are some very skilled Atlantean players...Heck if an Atlantean player can win in herioc...then they must be skilled...Atlanteans stink in herioc age...if they can beat an herioc age Eggy, Greek, then my hat is off to them being a fine player

Give Credit where it is Deserved..Troy is a good player...so is josey...Josey owns people with Oranos...does that make Josey a "Newb" and a Lamer?..i don't think so...Josey is 1 of the nicest experts you will ever talk to...so think next time before you speak and say all Atlantean players are "Lamers"

Fwiffo del desierto
Mortal
(id: Fwiffo)
posted 28 January 2004 11:35 PM EDT (US)     19 / 20       

Quote:

Judging from your posts, you might need something that doesn't require a lot of thinking

pwned

Everyone got AIDS and shit
Phat Fox
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 11:58 PM EDT (US)     20 / 20       
I really hate the lame label that we always give people. Have you ever thought that most people just play the civ they like the best

Agree.... Try playign atlanteans they arnt as easy as you think. See if you can micro and stop a Isis FH.

AOM Titan Info.
Rating: 1650+
Civ. : #1 Thor #2 kronos #3 Odin
ESO : Blunt_69 aka CV_KiNGPiN
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames