You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.26 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Post patch civil rank?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Post patch civil rank?
goodbaby
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 02:31 PM EDT (US)         
I make my bet:
1.Hades
2.Ra
3.Loki
4.Gaia
5.Thor
6.Poseidon
7.Zeus
8.Kronos
9.Oranos
10.Odin
11.Isis
12.Set
AuthorReplies:
signalfires
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 03:18 PM EDT (US)     1 / 26       
Wow that'd be quite a turnaround - looking at Isis and Set, and then Hades and Ra. We'll have to wait and see. Remember that the ideal patch would put all twelve gods in joint first place

s i g n a l f i r e s
FunClan_zero
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 03:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 26       
loooooooooool, according to your stats gaia will be much better then kronos or oranos which is total bs(gaia is improved but won't be better then kronos or oranos) and hades no 1 is really totally bs.
Benjamin

Creator of the plenty article
Creator of the odin fast herioc guide
Creator of the The nereid guide
In progress: the scylla guide
FunClan_zero
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 03:23 PM EDT (US)     3 / 26       
Besides, pretty patentic that isis is even worse then odin according to your stats.
Benjamin

goodbaby
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 03:28 PM EDT (US)     4 / 26       
Hades and Ra were not really weak in AOT.IMO they are the middle civils together with thor,loki,poseidon,but following Isis/Oranos/Kronos.
After Isis/Oranos/Kronos get big nerf,Hades and Ra are going better.

Something funny I just remind,though there is always a egypt civil overpowered in most of AOM/AOT days,there is always one egypt civil underpowered.
When Ra dominate,Set is terrible.
When Set is overpowered,Ra is at the bottom.
When Isis is overpowered,Set again drop to the bottom.

FunClan_zero
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 04:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 26       

Quote:

After Isis/Oranos/Kronos get big nerf

uhmmm, i agree with that isis is nerfed good(she will still be decent), but saying that kronos/oranos are extremely nerfed is totally bullshit. oranos could still own norse if the skill level is the same and kronos is very strong too.(his rush won't be that op, but still pretty good.)
Benjamin

futurehermit
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 04:12 PM EDT (US)     6 / 26       
i don't understand why everyone thinks hades is so amazing recently. he's a middle civ in aot because of tc building in classical. he's still a bottom civ in aom. his only 'boosts' in the patch were tiny (shade hps, mu speed). he will still have the same problems post-patch as he did pre-patch. and isis/kronos/oranos weren't nerfed as hard as some may think.

fh

prankster959
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 04:27 PM EDT (US)     7 / 26       
Isis is still going to be strong, just not OP, so will Kronos and Oranos. I agree with Hades and Ra being the best though.

Pentium 4 2.8 ghz 800 FSB, xfx 7800gt OC 256mb, 1gb ddr2 ram @ 533mhz, 160gb raid 0 HD

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
goodbaby
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 04:28 PM EDT (US)     8 / 26       
IMO Hades is a very strong civil in AOT.
His archiac age god power make he doesnt have to worry about early rush,like Kronos rush/Loki rush.

His stronger building makes him the best defensive civil.I think best booming civil could be either Hades or Ra.

What makes Hades better than Ra is Hades has 2 very strong god powers.When they are used correctly,they could easily be the game winning.The god power combo is Curse + Pestilence.

Last is Hades(or all greek civils) have the ability to kill Titan with least(Hades or Zeus) cost.You have the option to keep Earthquake if opponent is not Isis).EQ can always kill a Titan gate.You also have the option to go Colossus + uper gastrap.Those two units are both very effective Titan killer.

Hades myth age is very strong.The combo of hoplite+Pelpest+Gastrap is almost undefeatable.Hades also have very good economic to support massing gastrap.

That's why I say Hades will be No.1 .

THE_champion95
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 04:36 PM EDT (US)     9 / 26       
Well i still dunno about Isis, i think sell still be pretty damn good.

supporter of Crystal Palace Football club
Leader of The VnX clan!

ESO Name: Rulezzz
Einstein_006
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 05:37 PM EDT (US)     10 / 26       

Quote:

i don't understand why everyone thinks hades is so amazing recently. he's a middle civ in aot because of tc building in classical. he's still a bottom civ in aom. his only 'boosts' in the patch were tiny (shade hps, mu speed). he will still have the same problems post-patch as he did pre-patch. and isis/kronos/oranos weren't nerfed as hard as some may think.

Wow fh... Weird how I tend to agree with you more often eh :P Pretty much all right, although I think Hades is an uber civ, not like o/p or anything, but just uber.

Goodbaby, the moment you put Gaia above Kronos/Oranos, this total list was garbage lol. Gaia still sux, her boosts didn't fix her biggest weakness, the lack of an ability to beat myth units.

Isis at #11? You're just so biased that you can't accept the fact your civ was nerfed into its place. Ancestors was weakened but is still good (priest ups and scorp man rox too), titan gate was nerfed for everybody and isis needed that nerf anyway. Monument bonus wasn't nerfed much, from 50 meters down to 40 meters, oh boo hoo, now my opponent can use his gp's when he's miles away from my monument... Seriously get used to it and put your monuments in better spots lol. Plus you still got mercs :P

Basically I totally disagree with this list.

goodbaby
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 05:57 PM EDT (US)     11 / 26       
Einstein,the great scientist's name is used by such a man like you...what a pity

You really need to learn tell things with prove or useful arguements,not with your guess.

IamDominique
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 06:34 PM EDT (US)     12 / 26       
The list doesn't look like that. Gaia is still the worst of the atlanteans and Isis is definitely not below the middle of the pack. However Ra and Hades seem good choices for first place - or perhaps poseidon.
Chubbs4U
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 06:46 PM EDT (US)     13 / 26       
wow set at the bottom...i dont think that will be correct...but we will see...
magic
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 09:00 PM EDT (US)     14 / 26       
Yeah goodaby posting BS as always... Why would it be diferent this time?
BTW Isis is still one of the strongest civs. It would probably be about as good as Ra. And of course Kronos/Oranus will be a lot better than Gaia. Gaia will still get owned by loki.
Hope_
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 09:14 PM EDT (US)     15 / 26       
Isis hasn't been nerfed really, just a few small changes, she is still top IMO.
Cicero_
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 09:47 PM EDT (US)     16 / 26       
LMAO Magic, you have got to have the best quotes, I swear. Keep owning goodbaby, I think I want to talk to you on ESO. My nicks are IamCicero, Cicero_, NoFx__Cicero. C'ya around.

Cicero_
The great numbers in which you are here met this day, O Romans, and this assembly, greater than, it seems to me, I ever remember, inspires me with both an exceeding eagerness to defend the republic and with a great hope of relenquishing it.
-Cicero's Fourth Philippic [106 B.C.-43 B.C.]
Shifteh
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 10:55 PM EDT (US)     17 / 26       
'You really need to learn tell things with prove or useful arguements,not with your guess."

The guys entire post was a list of what positions he thought the gods would be in, without any explanation, and then he writes that? Can you not feel Irony smashing down on you?

Cyber_Set
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 11:03 PM EDT (US)     18 / 26       
Lol. While you may not agree with the list no need to flame goodbaby despite if you like him or not. I don't think hades will be top, but still good.

C loudNine
goodbaby
Mortal
posted 28 January 2004 11:24 PM EDT (US)     19 / 26       
Isnt it so clear that I said it's a guess?

I did always make "bullshit" posts.But In most of times ES will finally do the changes as I expected.

Since Jarl nerf,RC nerf,Hill Fort nerf,no TA boost,Stable cost increase,thunder hooves nerf,stymphalian bird nerf,valor nerf,wadjet boost....and so on

While magic's so great posts never catch ES's attention.

City_Of_God
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 07:02 AM EDT (US)     20 / 26       
Isis
Oranos
RA
Kronos
Hades
Loki
Possy
Thor
Set
Odin
Zues
Gaia

seems pretty correct to me... Although the each quartile is pretty equal. Goodbaby Isis at 11th, how exactly did you determine that ???

[This message has been edited by City_Of_God (edited 01-29-2004 @ 07:04 AM).]

Lime the Great
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 08:41 AM EDT (US)     21 / 26       
1 Hades
2 Ra
3 Loki
3 Kronos
3 Isis
4 Oranos
4 Poseidon
5 Zeus
5 Gaia
5 Thor
6 Odin
6 Set

Rating - ~1700

[VnX_Lime]-[Lime_the_Great]

IX_Chimera
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 09:53 AM EDT (US)     22 / 26       
einstein wasnt a scientist he was an inventor/proffessor
goodbaby
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 10:45 AM EDT (US)     23 / 26       
Isis's army is fairy weak(no ptah,no horus).
Isis's economic is weaker too.

When Isis is so overpowered,the main reason is A/E and monument block,while now,A/E cant kill a TC(except atlanteans TC) at 7 or 8 min.

Another reason is according to ES's history,when they seriously nerf a civil,that civil will go from top to bottom.

However,I think Isis is still better than Set,since IMO set animals are useless now.

IaM_MeTH_
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 10:53 AM EDT (US)     24 / 26       
okay here is mine
1 Ra
2 Ouranos
3 Isis
4 Hades
5 Kronos
6 Poseidon
7 Loki
8 Zeus
9 Thor
10 gaia
11 Set
12 Odin
Rude_Boy_Stig
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 11:48 AM EDT (US)     25 / 26       
> einstein wasnt a scientist he was an inventor/proffessor

Of course he was a scientist. He was THE scientist of the 20:th century imo.

MR2 Pilot
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 01:41 PM EDT (US)     26 / 26       
I think Ra, Loki, Oranos and Kronos will be in the top 4, maybe not in that order.

Quote:

einstein wasnt a scientist he was an inventor/proffessor

Quote:

Of course he was a scientist. He was THE scientist of the 20:th century imo.

But most importantly, he was one of the worlds greatest Theoretical Mathematicians. When they studied his brain, they found 3 times the normal pathing, not more physical brain, but 3 times greater interconnection between all his higher level brain cell functions.

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.

[This message has been edited by MR2 Pilot (edited 01-29-2004 @ 01:42 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames