You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.20 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » do you play with music? and if you do, what kind?
Bottom
Topic Subject:do you play with music? and if you do, what kind?
SirGrayhorn
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 10:25 AM EDT (US)         
i'm just wondering if anyone else does this, but i like to play AoM sometimes with my own soundtrack, its a bit more fun.

like playing ODIN, or any norse civ nothing beats 50 Cent "In the Club", when i'm playing with ZEUS, i like to listen to "Hash Pipe" by Weezer, i feel ZEUS just whoops ass!!

with egyptian's i like there music its kinda funky.

how about you guys?

But just as the smoke cleared, a red cloak of silk burnt and battle worn blew past the fire, and from the buring embers of the catapault Sir Grayhorn emerged, Jalmal's Bain still strongly grasped in his right hand and his kite shield lined with steel pierced with arrows held high in his left. The hero had endured.
AuthorReplies:
TheSlinger
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 11:22 AM EDT (US)     1 / 20       
I don't know what AOM's music sounds like, since day 1 I've always played with my country music playing in the background

Tim McGraw > j00

Quircus
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 11:28 AM EDT (US)     2 / 20       
I always play Ra, and I use the normal music cos Egypt's music Rocks!
MiNdWaRp
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 11:34 AM EDT (US)     3 / 20       
Music other than the default really distracts me and affects my playing negatively.
Orange County
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 11:34 AM EDT (US)     4 / 20       
I need the default tunes.

Specs: AMD64 3200+, 1GB RAM, Nvidia 6600GT, 400GB HD

Feel the power!

ImScottish
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 11:37 AM EDT (US)     5 / 20       
just listen to some chill out or old tunes easy listening i guess
NoAffinity
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 12:01 PM EDT (US)     6 / 20       
I had some Tool and Queens of the Stone Age plugged in, but I thought it hurt my playing.
Mikaiu
Mortal
(id: KOTD_Mikaiu)
posted 29 January 2004 12:46 PM EDT (US)     7 / 20       
spineshank, slipknot, rammstein, korn, cradle of filth... etc

i find i play best when i have cradle of filth or the chili peppers playing, hell knows why, its just a thing...
for aoc i played amazing whilst listening to creed lol.

signalfires
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 01:34 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20       
In Da Club as the Norse? Heck. How about Röyksopp? That reminds me, has anybody heard Mundian To Bach Ke by Panjabi MC? Sounds very like the Eggy music from AOM.

s i g n a l f i r e s
SirGrayhorn
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 03:26 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20       
yeah i got that on my play list also i have the remix with jay-z its pretty cool. i love that beat.

creed, yes i remember that album, weathered, i play with that and sometimes meteroa by linkin park, but that makes me mess up alot cause i get too much into the music

But just as the smoke cleared, a red cloak of silk burnt and battle worn blew past the fire, and from the buring embers of the catapault Sir Grayhorn emerged, Jalmal's Bain still strongly grasped in his right hand and his kite shield lined with steel pierced with arrows held high in his left. The hero had endured.
Sam Gamgee
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 03:37 PM EDT (US)     10 / 20       
Default music here.
Mikaiu
Mortal
(id: KOTD_Mikaiu)
posted 29 January 2004 03:43 PM EDT (US)     11 / 20       
yeah meteora, i got the album same time as aom and listened to it whilst playin so that has a kinda flowingness to it

i seem to play well with session.

i find that fast and heavy music helps because your more alert and everyone knows the faster player with the least idleness has the advantage.

*hates 50 cent* hehe

SirGrayhorn
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 03:46 PM EDT (US)     12 / 20       
do you hate 50 or do you just hate rap music in general?

a_screen_name
Banned
posted 29 January 2004 04:07 PM EDT (US)     13 / 20       
50 makes Rap and hip hop in general look like a waste of time..they should spend more time who are decent in what they do.. like Eminem.

BTW havin ur own music during Game play will it cause lag?

Vergil
Mortal
(id: Revan_)
posted 29 January 2004 04:16 PM EDT (US)     14 / 20       
It doesnt lag on mine. I listen to Linkin Park, Blink 182, and random other stuff when I play

VergiL
The Fora Augusta
"Hey bastards, knock knock" - Sarge
"Ha, piss on that, I'm bringing a ma-cha-te!" - Putman, Club Dread
Flammifer
Hero
posted 29 January 2004 05:18 PM EDT (US)     15 / 20       
Aside from what I normaly listen to AoM goes great with the soundtracks from Gladiator and The Last Samurai

NerVe Clan
SMF AoE3 Recorded Game Data Mod
xxCrAzYpYrOxx
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 05:29 PM EDT (US)     16 / 20       
or the LotR soundtrack Flam, but i usually listen to zeppelin, coinsidentally they happen to have some greek/ norse based songs (Achilles last stand= greek, duh, and The Immigrant Song, No Quarter= Norse)

ESO Nicks:
Tyler__Durden_: 1664- Oranos/Isis
The_Lorax_:.....1600- Norse

Read Fight Club!! (and the Lorax too)

aom_conqueror1
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 06:48 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20       
default here. any other would affect my playing.
Blazesoccer
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 07:42 PM EDT (US)     18 / 20       
ok 50 cent is the WORST rapper ever and i hope he gets shot like 10 more times in the face!!!!
Freater
Mortal
posted 29 January 2004 11:30 PM EDT (US)     19 / 20       
i agree about the linkin park.
meteora rocks, but i like a few of the remixes from reanimation though. but only the ones that arent ghetto rap. *shakes head in disbeleif that some people enjoy that kind of "music"*

id say all the non lyrical ones (session, cure for the itch, etc.) help me play the best.

Auron_
Mortal
(id: auron 2)
posted 29 January 2004 11:43 PM EDT (US)     20 / 20       
well, i always like all of the songs of the game. but i have like tons of songs of metallica, sum41, korn, system of a down(cant spell that right), as taunts when i play online. so when i play online, i just leave the music mute, and make a taunt to hear my favorites songs. if you want to add a song as a taunt, just copy the song into the taunt list. then rename the song with any number that begins with the number "0".

this is just so cool that while you are playing aom or aomx, you can hear your favorites songs only online though.

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames