You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Heroes (Scenario Editor and Otherwise)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Heroes (Scenario Editor and Otherwise)
Imperial Wizard
Mortal
posted 15 October 2001 11:08 PM EDT (US)         
What specific heroes do you want in the game? There doesn't seem to be a large number of mythological heroes for use (to my petty store of knowledge), so perhaps ES should include real heroes such as Thutmose III and an evil Greek priest that converts the population, especially youth, to oligarchy. :P And what about heroes that were neither historical nor mythological? *cough*lordoftheringscampaign*cough*

Not all old men in ragged coats are bad old men; some are bone-and-bottle men, and have little dogs of their own, some are gardeners, and a few, a very few, are wizards prowling around on a holiday looking for something to do.
AuthorReplies:
IV1066
Mortal
posted 15 October 2001 11:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Quote:
There doesn't seem to be a large number of mythological heroes for use (to my petty store of knowledge

Heroes are among the most integral parts of mythology. Every mythology has tons of them. Sticking to my strength, (greek) there is: Perseus, Odysseus, Achilles, Jason, Theseus, Bellerophon, Heracles, Cadmus, Agamemnon, Menelaus, etc... Notice that ES is making heroes actual units in AoM, they are quite obviously central to mythlogy.

As to LoTR, since we will still have the change stats/change name triggers we can effectively make any hero unit we want, and since this scen. editor is supposed to be a whole lot better I imagine we'll be able to do much more to unit stats and names, making the creation of campaigns for stuff like LoTR much easier. (Silmarillion is better. )

Imperial Wizard
Mortal
posted 15 October 2001 11:20 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
But what will we do for hobbits?!

And I knwo there are tons of Greek heroes, but are there enough Egyptian and Norse ones to produce as many heroes as were in AoK:TC.

Oh, yes, Sandy Petersen likes LoTR (I think). Hmm, how much influence does he ahve with the scenario editor guys? :P

Not all old men in ragged coats are bad old men; some are bone-and-bottle men, and have little dogs of their own, some are gardeners, and a few, a very few, are wizards prowling around on a holiday looking for something to do.
Clarissimus
Mortal
posted 15 October 2001 11:46 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Sure there are! Just because we are not Egyptologists or um, Norseologists? doesn't mean there aren't plenty of myths and heroes from those cultures.
Beowolf could be a Norse hero, or Siegfried.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames