You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » some notimportant Q:s
Bottom
Topic Subject:some notimportant Q:s
oden89
Mortal
posted 11 February 2004 05:23 AM EDT (US)         
what are you thinking about the aomx campaign? people is saying that is was soo bad, but i think that it isn't so bad, give me your thoughts.

another thing, have anyone recognised that when you are about to advance an age with promotheus, he looks like a human with red beard, but the titan promothus in game looks like the promotheans.

warriors2

^click here when you register to get 50 extra turns^
AuthorReplies:
Angel Sith
Mortal
(id: X_SithLord)
posted 11 February 2004 05:54 AM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
The aomx campaign was ok but far too short. The 'Fall of the Tridant' campaign was far better as it took a while to complete.

I noticed about Promotheus but its just one of those little things. Besides what is more intimidating, a large red-headed guy or that greyish titan.

Sith
Halo 2 Stats | AoMH | AoE3H | FMT
Maryuoh Gaav
Mortal
posted 11 February 2004 07:49 AM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
In the campaign, Arkantos says that that these are the "lesser titans". I have always assumed that the Prometheus titan is not the god himself but a lesser titan under his command.

Another point - they refer to Kronos and Gaia by their names but never call the Prometheus titan anything but the "Titan".

Then again, that titan has 50,000 hp with is way higher than Cerberus or Ymer that you face later in the campaign.

I like the campaign btw, but as X_SithLord says - it should have been longer.

[This message has been edited by Maryuoh Gaav (edited 02-11-2004 @ 08:22 AM).]

Yohan Hoogland
Mortal
posted 11 February 2004 08:50 AM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
Hmm good idea, I only played the campaign once.

*runs off*

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site
Goddess_Gaia
Mortal
posted 11 February 2004 09:06 AM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
At the ending they said they will hv to enlist the help of Gaia the Titan...

Well... Gaia is NOT a Titan! She is a Goddess... the Goddess of the Earth... Embodiment of the planet and personification of Nature...

Still it was satisfying to see Gaia whacking Her disobedient son... and a final punch sending him back to Tartarus

The Earth can satisfy our need
but She can't satisfy our greed
So use only wat u need
for nobody can tame our Mother
when She's angry
oden89
Mortal
posted 11 February 2004 09:36 AM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
noone who thinks that the campaign was a bit wierd? I do.
But it was fun even though some misses.

warriors2

Quircus
Mortal
posted 11 February 2004 12:16 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
The original campaign was much more fun, but the AOMX one was pretty cool to try out the Atlantean units 'n' stuff.
oden89
Mortal
posted 12 February 2004 05:35 AM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
agree, but why did the olympians attack the atlanteans on olympus?

warriors2

SeNaTe_SnIpEr_
Mortal
posted 12 February 2004 05:47 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
they attacked them becuz they were worshipping kronos the Arch enemy of the Olypians.

oden89
Mortal
posted 12 February 2004 09:07 AM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
no telling the truth things?

warriors2

master in hope
Mortal
posted 12 February 2004 01:08 PM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
The thing that disapointed me most about the x-pack was the lack of a new video after the awesome first one

Ex member of the good clan VnX
Ex member of the better clan PW
Applicant member for Orion
Flank
Mortal
posted 12 February 2004 01:49 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
I have to say, gaia was a titan, not a godess. The pre-olympian greek mythology is very basic as so little writings of it have survived. But Gaia was most certainly a titan. She was the wife of Oranus, and the mother of Kronos, the most famous of the titans. Kronos was the father of the first seven olympian gods, which were Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Hera, and I cant think of the other three odd the top of my head.

Greek mythology is based on poetry. The titans themselves were metaphor. Gaia was not some lumbering giant, she was the earth itself.

Tuthmosis
Mortal
posted 12 February 2004 03:55 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
According to Hesiod, Gaia is both the earth and the primordial mother and is a primal entity. She and her son Ouranos (Uranus, Oranos), the personification of the "starry sky" mated to produce the first generation of titans (12 total). Gaia herself was not a titan, but she did give birth to them.
NecroMancer
Banned
posted 12 February 2004 04:08 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
My opinion on the campaign isn't much different from everyone's here , but I can say this; it is uniqe.
To be honest I have to say that the Warcraft Campaign's blow every other campaign out there out of the water.
I love WarcraftIII and other series. I currently play WarcraftIII- The frozen throne.
They have very , very good campaignes.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames