You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Hey! Newbie looking for advice.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Hey! Newbie looking for advice.
starkers_1990
Mortal
posted 13 February 2004 05:51 AM EDT (US)         
hey everyone!
im relatively new to age of mythology tho i am i long time fan of age of empires.
i was just wondering if any of you experienced folk could give me a few tips on playing with all 3 (egyptians,greeks and norse)of the civilisations and which ones you like most. thanking you in advance for you advice.
starkers.
AuthorReplies:
Theris264
Mortal
posted 13 February 2004 07:10 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
If I would explain which Gods to use in which case, this would be a 1000-line post: everyone has a different style of playing, so U have to find out for Urself. I'll give only one tip since U R AoK-player: both buildings and siege really got nerfed in AoM.

Welcome!

Theris264
former Age of Mythology Heaven and Age of Empires III Heaven forumer||former member of Ambition Designs
"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Gandhi
MR2 Pilot
Mortal
posted 13 February 2004 07:58 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
starkers_1990,

Welcome to the community!

I suggest you play through the Campaign, it gives you a feel for each of the civs.

There are so many differences and possible reasons for each civ, that as Theris264 mentioned "this would be a 1000-line post".

Browse through the Strategy forum here for a lot of good information.

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 13 February 2004 09:08 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
Welcome to AoMH, and the realm of AoM, Starkers!
I would be able to talk non-stop about the Greeks.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok
Angel Sith
Mortal
(id: X_SithLord)
posted 13 February 2004 09:47 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
Welcome.

The best advice I can give you is to keep producing villagers.

Sith
Halo 2 Stats | AoMH | AoE3H | FMT
aom_conqueror1
Mortal
posted 13 February 2004 06:17 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
Never have your town center idle, don't ever relie on wall for protection like in AOK... I would continue but now that I remember, there's a post that said 10 hard learnt lessons. This has basically the 10 most important things in the game that will get you going really good if you can do all of them. Search for that.
starkers_1990
Mortal
posted 13 February 2004 07:09 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
thanks for all your help guy's. it's really helpful.
i looked at the eight commandments of playing AOM and they were really cool and interesting!
i've taken a liking to Isis. But i also like Loki.
this site ROX!
maheshjr2000
Mortal
posted 13 February 2004 09:17 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
remember this unleashing the titan is many times what it all depends on unleash your titan and destroy your opponents gate!!! other than that play some random map games!! that should get you on your way to becoming a good player!!!

Everyday nature calls to me.
And i respond.
I am gaias warrior!!!!
Armed with the might of a thousand elephants!!!
I can call upon the mightiest titan of all!
GAIA!!!!
zBurito
Mortal
posted 14 February 2004 01:19 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Hey Strkers, Welcome!

Egyptians are more of a defencive civ, you boom and sit back and counter off any raids. The other way to play them is to fast heroic, then take advantage of new techs+ new units.

Norse is the nomadic rushing civ. Use them for raiding and riping your enemie to crap fast, and its fun! (Though hard vs high raters). You also need to know when to stop trying to raid, and then to take advantage of what damage you've done and get ahead, ex get Heroic and take the new units + techs!

Greek is in between the other two, they can rush agresivly, or you can go defencive if you go ex Hades. Alot of them get "cease fires" and take settlement right away and changes the game alot.

Alanteans can be played a varity of different ways, I think they can get the best Classical age time, like 3:30-3:50 regularly. They can rush or go eco and defend agaisnt norse and counter off no problem.

Just some basics, if I made a mistake or w/e sorry :P!

ESO Name : FFR_Rusher
Zone : zBurito
FFR Forums
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames