You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, That AoM Guy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Plague of serpents vs. attie villies
Bottom
Topic Subject:Plague of serpents vs. attie villies
jazzman_1
Mortal
posted 16 April 2004 04:03 PM EDT (US)         
The plague of serpent damage vs. these villagers needs to be boosted dramatically. I envoked it around 1 villager and they all couldn't even take him lower than half health before he killed them all! I think they took 1 hp away every time they attacked. They should do significantly more damage than this.. just my 2 cents. (btw, he wasn't a hero)
AuthorReplies:
Etendorf
Mortal
posted 16 April 2004 04:15 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
I don't agree, as serpent gp isn't supposed to be offenisve like that. If it did anymore damage, you could block of gold mines and like things which would cause the gp to be too powerful. Serpent snakes is a defensive gp instead, and should be used as so. It is already annoying enough infront of a dock.
VinceZ
Mortal
posted 16 April 2004 04:41 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
Serpents have negative multiplier against villagers, they are good against military though (not heros)

PW_Vince_
ipso
Mortal
posted 16 April 2004 05:02 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
get two anubites and cast serpents as you raid with them. ive killed around 7 villies really easily like this. the serpents stop them from moving and the anubites kill them easily
Tordenskiold
Mortal
posted 17 April 2004 04:06 AM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
Never use serpants on villagers.

They have a bonus against all animals (incl. snakes) so it's just a waiste of God power.

Always use it against military (for example to protect your 2nd gold mine from raiding)

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

ESO: TORDENSKIOLD
Psycho_Mani4c
Mortal
posted 17 April 2004 07:38 AM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
serpents have a x0,1 multiplier vs. heroes and villagers... so dont use them on villies...

AOE3 @ SM4RTASS

Dominating with: The French
HC: Le Moule
Explorer: Ze Chauvenist

Pug
Mortal
posted 17 April 2004 08:53 AM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
yeah. thats like using ancestors on 20 hersirs.

R.I.P Shiva
lessthanjakeman9
Mortal
posted 17 April 2004 10:00 AM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
i disaggree. If i cast plague of serpents on some vils they have to stop gathering for quite a while to kill them off. It has the effect of a good raid and if used erly can be hard to beat. You could also use it against what you think will be thier second gold mine. When you go to a new gold mine you are already short on gold so having to take longer to kill the serpents will realy hurt you.
Pug
Mortal
posted 17 April 2004 11:01 AM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
pos will not disrupt anyones econ. Like mentioned, pos does like 1 damage to vills. And vills are like heros vs those things. Best used at a foreward base or defensively.

R.I.P Shiva
Lord_Aaltar
Mortal
posted 17 April 2004 12:49 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
You could also put the serpents in front of the enemy barracks to keep his military busy while you demolish houses and kill villies.

An assimilating strat is the best strat
Demolition Ship Captain
Mortal
posted 17 April 2004 01:59 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
the best way to do it VS villagers is to find a group of villies, bring over like 3 or 4 archers, have the serpents keep the villies busy while the archers pick em off, otherwise the mob of super AOM strong villagers will kill off the archers with ease.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Preparation can only take you so far... After that you gotta take a few leaps of faith.
Psycho_Mani4c
Mortal
posted 18 April 2004 07:27 AM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
or you could let your archers shoot, and when the villies start approaching you (and arent gathering so already owned).. you run away until they go back, then you attack them again...

AOE3 @ SM4RTASS

Dominating with: The French
HC: Le Moule
Explorer: Ze Chauvenist

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames