You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Wadjet too tough?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Wadjet too tough?
jazzman_1
Mortal
posted 16 April 2004 06:38 PM EDT (US)         
I think that for the price, (150 W, 15 F I believe) the Wadject simply owns, wadjets en masse is nearly unbeatable. I think they should at least cost 200 wood. Anyone else think there is just too much bang for the buck here?
AuthorReplies:
Fwiffo del desierto
Mortal
(id: Fwiffo)
posted 16 April 2004 06:46 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
Wadjets are fine, they have really low armour so they get owned if you get to them

If you want to increase the cost of a mu, it should be the crocs

Everyone got AIDS and shit
Etendorf
Mortal
posted 16 April 2004 07:01 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
Maybe you are joking?

In all honesty, I do see the wadjet being a very effective and deadly unit, especially against myth units, which makes it harder to kill because then you have to kill it only with heros or else you will just lose your army on a couple of those things. But, the wadjet only does really good like that when it is filling a defensive role. It always gets owned when tried to be used offensivly. But, as for cost, I find the scylla, and bull minotoar, to be much more power for the cost.

But in no way do I find it a key problem, or even a problem. Just a myth unit, acting effective like a myth unit.

Nick: Eten.
Gods: All of them!
Vanilla.

[This message has been edited by Etendorf (edited 04-16-2004 @ 07:29 PM).]

Pug
Mortal
posted 16 April 2004 07:15 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
Any ranged unit is good when behind a meatshield. Wadjets also heal themeselves, which is a tad redundant since preists and pharohs can heal them just fine. Plus they have a decent X vs other myth units and can attack flying ones. As far as being overpowered......mass any myth unit and they will seem overpowered.

R.I.P Shiva
the_protagonist
Mortal
posted 17 April 2004 01:24 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
I had some guy mass fire giants on me in the lategame! Man I'm still shaking from that.

I am the late Gimpy_the_Dwarf
For what-ever reason my old name does not work...whatever.
The time of the Dwarves has Come
GO_GimpyDwarf
GRUNT
Mortal
posted 17 April 2004 01:29 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
You're just jealous because they make cute noises :P.

Petsuchos are fine . In fact.....I never really use Hathor :P. But I'm crazy like that ^_^. I dig Sekhmet's +10 pop citadel, plus SLings of the Sun, Bone Bow, and Stones of Red Linen are awesome techs!

I wish the Scarab was a better MU, though :P.

BLAUWROOD
Mortal
posted 17 April 2004 01:41 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15       
wadjet good for rushing villies
ChimeraArtemis
Mortal
posted 17 April 2004 02:01 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
GRUNT, Petsuchos are MORE than fine, for their cost, they're extremely powerful. And Scarabs are still the second best seige MUs (along with the Behemoth).

Wadjets are great units now they've been boosted, and definitely are worth using unlike before. ANd they do make cute noises

ESO user name - ChimeraArtemis
Favourite Major Gods: Isis, Hades, Gaia, Loki, Ra, Thor

Creator of the Egyptian Myth Unit Guides - Phoenix, Wadjet, Scorpion Man, Scarab, Petsuchos
And the Atlantean Myth Unit Guides: Stymphalian Bird, Satyr, Lampades, Heka-Gigantes, Man O'War, Dryad, Automaton

prankster959
Mortal
posted 17 April 2004 03:06 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15       
A hero takes a wadget down in 2-3 hits.

I still think wadgets are just a little UP. Priests eat them up very easily (maybe a little more pierce?)

Pentium 4 2.8 ghz 800 FSB, xfx 7800gt OC 256mb, 1gb ddr2 ram @ 533mhz, 160gb raid 0 HD

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
ChimeraArtemis
Mortal
posted 17 April 2004 03:16 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15       
They are ranged MUs you know, they can't be TOO tough or they'd soon become Overpowered like the Petsuchos *cough*.

ESO user name - ChimeraArtemis
Favourite Major Gods: Isis, Hades, Gaia, Loki, Ra, Thor

Creator of the Egyptian Myth Unit Guides - Phoenix, Wadjet, Scorpion Man, Scarab, Petsuchos
And the Atlantean Myth Unit Guides: Stymphalian Bird, Satyr, Lampades, Heka-Gigantes, Man O'War, Dryad, Automaton

Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 17 April 2004 03:29 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15       

Quote:

A hero takes a wadget down in 2-3 hits.

Run? Wadjet are much better in TT than they were in Vanilla. They actually do good vs MU now (the 3x bonus, and all) and are pretty good for scouting purposes.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
Quircus
Mortal
posted 17 April 2004 05:12 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
They got +20 HP from the 1.02 Titans Patch, but they are fine.

All MUs are meant to be very Cost-Effective, but are the most easily countered Units in the Game (any Hero will kill them in a few shots). That's the whole point of MUs.

Matei
Mortal
posted 17 April 2004 05:32 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
Wadjets are fine because they're slow enough that you can catch up to them or beat them with ranged heroes. However, they do pack quite a punch compared to how they were in vanilla AoM! I find that they complement Egyptian Classical armies pretty well. It's too bad that the Petsuchos is so much better than the Wadjet, or I'm sure we'd be seeing some in Heroic as well.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
arunprasaad_s
Mortal
posted 17 April 2004 05:50 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15       
petsuchous cost 4 pop slot and has 2x vs myth unit 200 gold and 26 range and 100% accuracy and available in heroic age. comparing it to wadjet its status are good but u can say wadjet has its purpose over petsuchous in certain case as it occupies lesser pop slot and cost wood and has a better multiplier and decent range(anything higher will cause it to miss awfully)
GRUNT
Mortal
posted 18 April 2004 02:37 AM EDT (US)     14 / 15       
Thats the thing see...I dont have THe Titans :P

That's why I wish they'd patch vanilla AoM with TT changes .

Quircus
Mortal
posted 18 April 2004 06:20 AM EDT (US)     15 / 15       
That'd be dumb because all of the changes to the Original Civs in AOM:TT were done because of Strategies or OPness of Civs due to changes in the Titans, or the Titan Units themselves.

AOM is the most balanced it has ever been...

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames