You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, That AoM Guy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » The weirdest thing I've ever seen
Bottom
Topic Subject:The weirdest thing I've ever seen
Cheesewiz
HG Alumnus
posted 17 April 2004 07:45 PM EDT (US)         
I was playing on ESO today, in a rated game under one of my smurf accounts. The guy was beating me pretty good at the beggining but I regrouped and got a titan out. Things seemed normal, until right after he killed my titan and started to win, my mom called me and told me to help her carry our rug downstairs. Well I paused the game, and when I came back, the guy was cussing me out. I figured it was pretty normal(I'd be gone like 10 minutes ). But, when I tried to unpause, it wouldn't let me, at all. Literally the game refused to unpause. Told my oppenent how to unpause, but he refused to and told me to crtl-alt-delete. I didn't feel like losing points to a pause, so i offered a save, and he refused, instanly, 3 times. So I figured, "screw it", tried to resign, it wouldn't let me :0 and finally I just alt-F4'd it.
Well...low and behold when i went back and restarted my eso, again, my rate had not gone down, and the guy i was playing was still in the game. Apparently, in the same game.

So, has anyone else had this happen? I've played over 500 games on a bunch of accounts, and never see it. Have you?

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
AuthorReplies:
Fwiffo del desierto
Mortal
(id: Fwiffo)
posted 17 April 2004 07:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
My computer randomly started trying to open rec games with Real Player today Your weird problem > my weird problem though

Everyone got AIDS and shit
Demolition Ship Captain
Mortal
posted 17 April 2004 08:09 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
hmm.. could just be a routine glitch.. but you never know..

the chances of it being intentional is probably low though.. if anything he would just unpause and maul you while you were away.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Preparation can only take you so far... After that you gotta take a few leaps of faith.
Sorceror_Erebus
Mortal
posted 17 April 2004 08:22 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
something like that has happend to me....
i'm on dial up modem and someone rang on a rated game
and i went back into eso and my rating went down heaps but the guy was still playing the game...

now that i think of it i won a game (he resigned) but i had to keep playing i killed all his units(even though he was resigned) but i woulden't win
so i had to resign
BTW: this was savanna 1 vs 1

(`..>σŕęŕŕ Σŕεbś<..)
Professor for the Tsuninversity
Teacher for the NDA
Moderator At Age Quest
Cheesewiz
HG Alumnus
posted 17 April 2004 09:02 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
if it's worth noting, that game lasted nearly 1 and a half hours

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing

[This message has been edited by cheesewiz (edited 04-17-2004 @ 09:02 PM).]

Etendorf
Mortal
posted 17 April 2004 10:38 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
Oh, I had the same problem with realplayer. I hate real player, it creeps me out. It has all this like, self-resurecting programs and tries to make me re-register for stupid things every three days. I would not have it on my comp if it didn't seem to bring it back from being uninstalled exactly 4 days after I uninstall it. I have seen stages of it too, like how much it tries to do, in those four days, and it seems to be fully running again on the fourth day. Real player is weird.

Nick: Eten.
Gods: All of them!
Vanilla.

[This message has been edited by Etendorf (edited 04-17-2004 @ 10:38 PM).]

ArcticWind7
Banned
posted 18 April 2004 04:52 AM EDT (US)     6 / 15       
happened to me once, in the old days, when id just brought the game and was Actually playing it. (my shamefull days)
MR2 Pilot
Mortal
posted 18 April 2004 07:45 AM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
I've had a similar problem in Advanced as 2x? Titan AI's, where my opponents connection glitched, we both chose wait, then after the game resumed we were both playing separate games vs the same AI's.

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
MoogleFish
Mortal
posted 18 April 2004 09:29 AM EDT (US)     8 / 15       
Yeah Real Player is weird, but QuickTime took over my PC once when I installed a demo version of it. All my files tunred into quicktime files and it kept asking me to register =/

ESO:NoFx__MoogleFish
Proud Co-leader of NoFx
the_protagonist
Mortal
posted 18 April 2004 10:11 AM EDT (US)     9 / 15       
Quicktime is taking over my computer!!!1 I can see it now. Next patch will involve preventing quicktime from taking over computers.

I am the late Gimpy_the_Dwarf
For what-ever reason my old name does not work...whatever.
The time of the Dwarves has Come
GO_GimpyDwarf
iamgameguy
Mortal
posted 18 April 2004 11:19 AM EDT (US)     10 / 15       
something like this happend to me once...i was loosing very badly and had a wonder up and spammed walls and towers all around and was fighting off siege with my last few villies when the lag became terrible...i figured i was going to loose anyway so i alt f4ed...and the guy i played against was "in game" on my friends list for days. i dunno hasn't happend to me ever again, so just a glitch i guess.
MoogleFish
Mortal
posted 18 April 2004 05:25 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
Yes! Patch QuickTime now, it's EVIL!

Proud Co-leader of NoFx
poppy123
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 06:39 AM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
Just download the real player alternative off the net. (search on google) It basically has all the real player codes but it uses windows media playeer 7. You can get a quicktime one also. Thats the ones i use

I hear this internets pretty good. I was thinking of buying one
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 19 April 2004 07:15 AM EDT (US)     13 / 15       
I had a pause bug once. I paused in-game, and when i returned and unpaused, the pause text still was there, however I was able to play. It gets pretty annoying after a while, luckily I had it only twice.
MoogleFish
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 12:58 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15       
Yeah that pause thing was very common, and very annoying <_<

Proud Co-leader of NoFx
ipso
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 01:11 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15       

Quoted from mr2 pilot:

I've had a similar problem in Advanced as 2x? Titan AI's, where my opponents connection glitched, we both chose wait, then after the game resumed we were both playing separate games vs the same AI's.

that exact same thing used to happen to me and my friend when we played c&c red alert 2. weird, but at least its not just aom :S

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames