You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » What is the appropiate number of villagers to worship?
Bottom
Topic Subject:What is the appropiate number of villagers to worship?
HankMorgan
Mortal
posted 18 April 2004 08:03 PM EDT (US)         
Hi all!. Many times when I play with Greeks I have not sent many villagers to worship at Temple because that could damage my economy(since it would decrease the number of villagers gathering other resources). I wonder what is the optimum number of villagers worshipping at Temple, so that I can get a good favour without reduce my economical statistics.
I wait for your comments abour this topic.
Thank you so much.
AuthorReplies:
Pug
Mortal
posted 18 April 2004 08:06 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
Depends on what yoru gonna do. Are you gonna go myth unit heavy? You gonna just get some unit upgrades? And you can always change it up a bit. But the favor produced by each vill decreases as you add more vills. I believe 3 to 5 to be optimum. But really 2 is plenty unless your using a myth unit strat or something.

R.I.P Shiva
Matei
Mortal
posted 18 April 2004 09:00 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
Usually, I leave one on it in Archaic age, and then add another one or two in Classical. But it depends a lot on which myth units and technologies you want to make. As Greek, you get a lot of flexibility in putting villies on favor exactly when you need them. In general, though, I think you'd be losing out if you don't have at least 1-2 there the whole game to let you make myth units, because the favor comes in very fast per villager when there are only 1-2 of them and you're gaining more than you would be by putting them on gold, food or wood.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
iam_Chrono_J
Mortal
posted 18 April 2004 10:31 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Due to how the favor gather formula works, 4 vills praying gathers favor slower than 3 vills. 5 vills gather at exactly the same speed 3 villagers do, 6 is a little more, and it gradually increases from there.

One is enough to suit normal needs, if you feel like going a little myth heavy you should put on 3. If you want to use alot of MUs put on 6+.

PrtN_lummir
Mortal
posted 18 April 2004 11:16 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
hey chrono,

I know that was true pre-patch, but are you absolutely certain it wasn't changed after the last patch? Seems to me favor works better now

Real2002
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 02:23 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
The correct answer is:

NIB
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 08:46 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
Chrono they fixed the favor bug(on aom tt at least, i havent tested vanilla). I have done some testings and saw that. And i also found that the optimal number of villagers on aom tt is 4 and not 3. 5 villagers do give more favor than 4 now, but still the gain is way too small IMO.

Thus on aom tt the optimal number is 4. And there is no favor bug either(for the first 6 villagers at least, i havent tested more than 6).

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

MR2 Pilot
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 09:46 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,18294,,all

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
NIB
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 01:51 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
Yup that is a good link. Let me say that i was the one who was saying that the favor bug was fixed on some other thread and lead pilot to make this thread and prove me correct . Yup i like bragging .

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

iam_Chrono_J
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 02:29 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
Hmm, I wasn't aware that it had been fixed... One can learn something new every day.
xentelian
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 02:53 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
Greeks gather favor by praying at temples. This rate is shown below:
Poseidon / HadesZeus
Number of praying villagersFavor per second, per villagerNumber of praying villagersFavor per second, per villager
5+0.055+0.075
Zeus starts with 15 favor and has a 200 cap instead of 100 like other players
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames