You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.25 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » who else thinks flood of the nile is too good to be a tech?
Bottom
Topic Subject:who else thinks flood of the nile is too good to be a tech?
legendaryjarl
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 03:03 PM EDT (US)         
the eggies are strong enough already..why do they get a teech that should be a god power?
AuthorReplies:
Darth Persia
Banned
posted 19 April 2004 03:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 25       
Doesn't flood of the nile give a small trickle of food? How should that be made a GP?
hr Meyer
Banned
posted 19 April 2004 03:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 25       
If everyone think like that, Hades' vault of erebus (provides free gold) could also be a god power. No, flood of the nile is just good. Help the poor little laborers a little bit...
Cheesewiz
HG Alumnus
posted 19 April 2004 03:13 PM EDT (US)     3 / 25       
no, it should still be a tech, plain and simple. And it really isn't that good, considering that it gives something like 1 food every 5 seconds :s

And who has enough favor in archaic to waste it on that early on(the only time when it's that good)

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
legendaryjarl
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 03:34 PM EDT (US)     4 / 25       
a trickle of anything at anytime is good. since eggie get the food, greeks get the gold, the norse should at least get wood.
VinceZ
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 03:39 PM EDT (US)     5 / 25       
Cheese it gives 1 food in 1 second,
If you get the tech earlie its very valuable because each small amount of food in the beginning of the game is important

PW_Vince_
Pug
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 03:47 PM EDT (US)     6 / 25       
It produces less food than 1 villager does farming. Its definitly worth getting though , but not right away. I have gotten, hd, husb, flood of nile all in archaic before and it not like it was omg this rules!

R.I.P Shiva
Cheesewiz
HG Alumnus
posted 19 April 2004 03:53 PM EDT (US)     7 / 25       
well my point is still relavent, it's good when gotten earlier, but certainly not 'too good"

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
Quircus
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 04:21 PM EDT (US)     8 / 25       
It's 0.75 Food/s.
ipso
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 04:27 PM EDT (US)     9 / 25       
^ just like vault of erebus? i didnt even know what it did in my newb days, and i rarely use it now. i suppose its only good if your on the defencive or in a really even match. but seeing as isis and hades are mainly defencive gods, it suits them
NS_Cymophane
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 04:33 PM EDT (US)     10 / 25       
how do you mean it should be a GP? the only difference would be that you'll get it for free

Member of NoFx
ESO: NoFx__Cymophane from now on
My website: www.cymophane.tk with Odin recordings and some more
NoFx site: www.nofx.clans.cc
Mickey T
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 04:38 PM EDT (US)     11 / 25       
and that it isnt permanent

In a race between a rock and a pig,
don't varnish your clams.
lessthanjakeman9
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 05:01 PM EDT (US)     12 / 25       
its as if you have one extra vill on food. But you have to pay for this and in a close game you need all the resources you have all the time for other things like vills units and buildings. Its like vault of erebus in that its only good in the later game but still its not gonna make much of a difference in anything. VoE is better too since in the late game you need gold. Basically i have never gotten this tech ever since im always hoping to end the game before it would pay for itself. And in titans in the small window of time where you actually have enough resources to spare to get it (later on) and the games not already over someone will probably just make a titan and end it sooner.
badger_of_set
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 05:59 PM EDT (US)     13 / 25       
Flood of the nile is a steal at 135 gold and 5 favor. It gives you the equivalent of a free farmer (pop wise) throught the entire game. The time to get it is after you accrue 135 gold after you build your temple (You should have plenty of favor if you build your monument by 3 min.) This gives you the equivalent of 4 extra equivalent "pop spots" right off the bat (3 with the Isis TC bonus and one with the tech.)

This is not a game breaker by any means, but it is just a nice ecnomic tech to research. Isis's emphasis is on economy, and therefore it would only make sense to give her an archaic age economic tech to research. Set's emphasis is on animals, by way of comparison, so it gets the feral technology to research.

It's certainly not the flood of the nile that makes Isis powerful, its the A/E combo and the monument blocking destructive GP on the titan gate that makes her so powerful.

Demolition Ship Captain
Mortal
posted 20 April 2004 09:58 PM EDT (US)     14 / 25       
that tiny amount of food is nowhere near overpowered, seeing as how farming provides unlimited food anyway. Vault of Erebus is a much better bonus, since gold runs out eventually and it takes a bit of time to get those caravans running.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Preparation can only take you so far... After that you gotta take a few leaps of faith.
Rodrigo Cabanillas
Mortal
posted 21 April 2004 03:36 AM EDT (US)     15 / 25       
Flood of the nile is a nice tech, its like having an extra villie on food, i research it whenever i have enough gold and favor. It pays early in the game, since food is scarce in the beggining, since its like a villie not produced at the TC.

But its hardly useful, it should yield at least twice the food to be any good, to be made in all games.

IX_Chimera
Mortal
posted 22 April 2004 01:30 AM EDT (US)     16 / 25       
over the course of a 30 minute game that will ad up a lot
Pascal9872
Mortal
posted 22 April 2004 03:29 PM EDT (US)     17 / 25       
Think about it 135 g and 5 favor to get a perfectly efficient food gathering, pop free, unkillable vil. And it cost next to nothing when you figure the cost of a vil and a farmer into the equation.

70g farm + 50 food vil = 120 resources. When you consider how much more valuable food is really early on you could consider it an even trade off. When you add in the TC time saved in creating this 'food vil' you might begin to think it is too cheap.

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
Help improve RMS reviewing here
A monk I need a monk.
I thought therefore I was.

[This message has been edited by Pascal9872 (edited 04-22-2004 @ 03:30 PM).]

Quircus
Mortal
posted 22 April 2004 03:41 PM EDT (US)     18 / 25       
0.75 Food/s

45 Food per Minute

After 20 Minutes: 900 Food

After 40 Minutes: 1800 Food

Hmmm not bad, especially in team games (i.e. longer games)

GaryPayton
Mortal
posted 22 April 2004 04:34 PM EDT (US)     19 / 25       
The tricky thing is basically you can get only River of the Nile against another Egypt which are slower to advance. If you take River of the Nile early on you are riskying yourself into getting rushed without a proper deffense because it will delay your advance time which is already slower as Isis. Basically I get it vs Ra and Set and also if I'm 100% sure I won't be rushed too fast like a sub 5min classical. I almost never get it fast vs Kronos, Loki, Poseidon, Zeus, Thor, Oranos and Odin.
Counter_Master
Mortal
posted 22 April 2004 04:37 PM EDT (US)     20 / 25       
hades gets a gold tech...maybe that oughta be a gp too. NOT!

.o.o Counter_Master o.o.
Independent Scenario Designer
Current Project: Alexandria
I don't got time for pain! The only pain I got time for is the pain I put on fools who don't know what time it is!' --- Terry Tate

Quircus
Mortal
posted 22 April 2004 05:07 PM EDT (US)     21 / 25       

Quote:

The tricky thing is basically you can get only River of the Nile against another Egypt which are slower to advance. If you take River of the Nile early on you are riskying yourself into getting rushed without a proper deffense because it will delay your advance time which is already slower as Isis. Basically I get it vs Ra and Set and also if I'm 100% sure I won't be rushed too fast like a sub 5min classical. I almost never get it fast vs Kronos, Loki, Poseidon, Zeus, Thor, Oranos and Odin.

Why would it delay advance time? It costs 135 Gold and 5 Favour....

Bigshiznick
Mortal
posted 22 April 2004 06:31 PM EDT (US)     22 / 25       
Uh dude. It would make your advance time BETTER.

Its tourist season, get your rifle.
Foreign tourist meat is good.
Who cares what you do? We will all be dead in a few decades.
Dont run from your fears and sorrows.
Drown em in soda
GaryPayton
Mortal
posted 22 April 2004 07:49 PM EDT (US)     23 / 25       
It delays because in order to get it fast you need to go with a monument start which means not getting Hunting Dogs at the start. Also spending 135 gold into a tech instead of the temple delay the advance time. It takes a little while till it starts to pay off.
Fiyastone
Mortal
posted 22 April 2004 08:13 PM EDT (US)     24 / 25       
ummm... not that anyone would care, but i usually research hunting dogs, get 5-6 villies on food, send 3 to gold, next builds house-goes to gold, next build monument-go to gold, 2 food, next builds temple-goes to gold, 3 food, research flood of nile, 3 wood, 2 food, advance.... thats about how the first 4 and a half minutes are spent on hunting maps.... i love FH though, i send most units to food, build temple, house, advance in 4:45 and send most food units elsewere(gold), build armory and advance to herioc in 6:50... i usually get Flood of Nile after herioc in FH and get Flood of Nile at 3:00-3:40 on my regular strategy....
indeed
Banned
posted 23 April 2004 10:29 PM EDT (US)     25 / 25       
Ok if you get 0.75food/seconds and then tech costs 135gold to get(?). Lets say for a minute that there made of the same resource then it would take 180 seconds to gain back all your resources or 3 minutes. Now a egeptian villager gathers gold at the rate of .91gold/second and cost 50f to make. That means that you can get almost 5 villagers for the same price. Now in 3 minutes the 5 villagers can gather 819 things of gold. Over powered? I think not.

note: i took time on this bad boy. and also if your caculating it you have to use seconds, not minutes to get the correct answer.

nat_disel

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames