Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.17 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Wonders
Bottom
Topic Subject:Wonders
arunprasaad_s
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 05:21 PM EDT (US)         
How about boosting wonder in the following manner.

The person who has wonder will have the following advantage.

1. Myth units Cheaper.
2. Reduces pop slot of all myth units by 1.
3. Acts as a source of favour.
4. Capability to produce any myth unit(that his god path allows) with reduced training time.

These changes will bring the following into effect.

1. Wonders will become rivals for titan gates.
2. More battle in Mythic and more myth unit involvement and this will not affect any early game stragies.
3. Eggies no longer will be super powers in Mythic as all races have superior Myth units as compared to Eggy.
4. Apart from that it will stop Merc spam as they have produce more priests to counter the Myth units which will stress up their gold far enough.

In order to do this effectively wonder victory has to be changed. It should be like - before the count down ends the wonder has to be destroyed or the opponent should have his own wonder constructed.

AuthorReplies:
XKostas
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 05:37 PM EDT (US)     1 / 17       
Well since the release of TT and the ability to make titans, wonders have become less and less used by any serious player. I'm not saying I agree with you in the matter of how to boost wonders to make them more popular, but I am agreeing in terms of making wonders better in order for more people to use them. The only real reason currently I see to build a wonder is in a sea map, where titans can't get across. Depending on your major god you choose, your wonder could get additional bonus. For example for Zeus he could get 1 bolt god power every 5 minutes. I would like to see a titan go up against 5 bolts at once. If that was the case than the urge to build a wonder would be greater in my opinion.

ESO2 Name: Kostas
FableFallow
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 05:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 17       
I think this is a pretty good idea. I personally never build wonders because I see them as pretty pointless things. I mean it takes all the fun out of the game. I also think this is good because there would be a use for wonders in deathmatch. There are some flaws but over all it is good.

Why must I be the best at everything?
iam_Chrono_J
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 05:42 PM EDT (US)     3 / 17       
Wonders are already useful, people just don't realize their potential. There is no need to give them any boost whatsoever.
Etendorf
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 05:44 PM EDT (US)     4 / 17       
The only way I see to boost wonders is to increase cost of a titan. I think they should remove the 50 favor cost of a wonder. In team games, a boomer can usually support both a rather early titan and a wonder. I have done such things, and with the atties super walls, I say it was quite funny seeing both my army own theirs, my titan ruining there town, and a Wonder ticking away behind 3 super walls, which with the amount of towers and fortresses would be crushing the armies that I was already beating.

Nick: Eten.
Gods: All of them!
Vanilla.
arunprasaad_s
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 06:38 PM EDT (US)     5 / 17       
The idea is not only to boost wonders over titans. I want wonders to have more meaning in the game than give a silly 10 minute count down to win. Besides they are useless in conquest.

The reason I want do this is I donot see enough Myth units in the Game. Especially the Mythic age Myth units are far too expesive to use.

Apart from this I have been hearing that Eggies are becoming OP because of great economy and Merc spam. This change will will force eggies to make more priest and continue to have a stress in their economy avoiding merc spam and abusing Mercs.

I want more battles and strategies late game. Not another race to get some god power to pulverise the enemies.

So what do u think now.

[This message has been edited by arunprasaad_s (edited 04-19-2004 @ 06:39 PM).]

Fwiffo del desierto
Mortal
(id: Fwiffo)
posted 19 April 2004 06:48 PM EDT (US)     6 / 17       
The last thing I want to see is more people winning games with wonders. They're already lame enough -_-

Everyone got AIDS and shit
arunprasaad_s
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 07:43 PM EDT (US)     7 / 17       
^^ did u read all the suggestion that I made for wonders.
I also mentioned that wonder victory conditions need to be changed.
-- Player wins if the enemy fails to destroy ur wonder or fails to build a wonder of his own before count down ends.

That way it will never be lame
( Actually this makes more sense, in order to show supremacy u or ur team must be the only ones with a wonder. If both sides have wonders both show supremacy. )

ca_aok
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 09:33 PM EDT (US)     8 / 17       
It seems that your whole idea here is somehow nerfing eggies... I dont play them myself, but I think mercs and good MUs are part of their style of play, and this would be a heavier blow then you think. It sounds like you are aiming at the type of wonders they had in EE: wonders that give you special bonuses... it might be OK, but balancing would need to be done.

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
arunprasaad_s
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 11:45 PM EDT (US)     9 / 17       
Mercs are supposed to be defensive units but many people use it for offince because they roll in gold in late game.
This is a lame strategy because u win by simply out poping ur enemies.

This will provide some stress on the gold late game there by stop the offensive use of mercs but still they will be able to use it defensively.( Apart from this would not have no big effect on a eggy player. )

The final age melee units are awsome(like collosus, avenger, etc) but they are less used due to lack of favour and pop slots and they work great against Titan.

If the wonder could do what I said it would be a viable strategy to counter the titan with myth units.

There might be some balancing issues that might arise but this will make the game more fun by moving it to an entire new dimension, more involvement of Myth units and this change will not bring in any stupid early rush attacks by which the game will be over in seconds.

Counter_Master
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 11:56 PM EDT (US)     10 / 17       
this is a good idea, but you are going a little overboard. One less pop slot for MUs? Then what about automatons? A MU that never dies (if used correctly) for half the pop? I just don't see that happenening.

.o.o Counter_Master o.o.
Independent Scenario Designer
Current Project: Alexandria
I don't got time for pain! The only pain I got time for is the pain I put on fools who don't know what time it is!' --- Terry Tate

arunprasaad_s
Mortal
posted 20 April 2004 00:04 AM EDT (US)     11 / 17       
Like I said there might certain balancin issues that will be required. Some units are good and can be massed easily. Like u said Automatons is one exception. like this there may be a few more exception if can find out these before a patch or something is made for this it might be easy to balance things.

One more balance issue i can think of is pharoahs and priests should not be able to empower wonder. If they can there will be some strat similar to FT and empowering will cause it to blow out of propotion.

If can mention such balancing issues i can go about updating things.

The main thing that i would want to know is how many of u guys like this idea and want it made. This will give some great action late game and this will surely not lead to any lame strategy.

EC_firesaiyan
Mortal
posted 20 April 2004 01:01 AM EDT (US)     12 / 17       
my idea must be getting around the favor idea that is mine
El Moppo
Mortal
(id: C J)
posted 20 April 2004 12:41 PM EDT (US)     13 / 17       
I think wonders should either grant a bonus god power, or, a bonus civ bonuses.

][- ][_ . ][\/][ (()) ][) ][) (())
Angelcynn > Niwe Middangeard ~ Ic
ipso
Mortal
posted 20 April 2004 01:06 PM EDT (US)     14 / 17       
mabe the wonder could give one of the bonuses you mentioned to each civ- like 1 less pop slot for greeks, source of favour for atties/eggy and myth units cheaper for norse? mabe....
arunprasaad_s
Mortal
posted 20 April 2004 01:35 PM EDT (US)     15 / 17       
If i give induvidual bonus it will be difficult to balance i want to boost all races and bring more myht units of each race. If i give unique bonus there will be imbalances.

If u want induvidual bonus then probably :
Egyptians will reduce their pop slot.
Norse should be chaeaper.
Greeks should be cheaper and reduce pop slot of classical Myth units.
Attis should provide just favor and reduce the pop slots of those 5 pop slot myth units by 1.

But these induvidaul bonus of wonders should be coming out more as a balance issue rather than implicitly.

For example all egyptian Myth units are light so they all must have one pop slot less.

Greek classical Myth units will be better usable if they were one pop slot less and they need to be a bit cheap.

Atties are already capable of massing most of the myth units. Maybe some units like heka Giants need 1 pop slot reduction but i think rest are fine they need favour if I am correct.

Norse generate a lot of favour from battle so they need their myth units cheaper.

Some Myth units may take long a time so they need to be speedened up.

So any comments on Specific Myth units. or Myth units of specific race with respect to COST,FAVOUR,POP SLOT AND TRAINING TIME.

[This message has been edited by arunprasaad_s (edited 04-20-2004 @ 01:43 PM).]

EC_firesaiyan
Mortal
posted 20 April 2004 03:22 PM EDT (US)     16 / 17       
ok how bout this u can select any tech from a previous age example (u go apollo with hades so u pic divine blood or something)or u could select 1 previous god (no mythic) gid and get everything (mu gp and techs)
arunprasaad_s
Mortal
posted 20 April 2004 03:30 PM EDT (US)     17 / 17       
^^ I donot know about that looks good but might over power things.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames