You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.20 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » I need some detailed information on the Ra priest.
Bottom
Topic Subject:I need some detailed information on the Ra priest.
iam_Chrono_J
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 05:40 PM EDT (US)         
I need exactly what the priest does when it empowers. (build time, creation time, arrow fire, etc) Looked around but couldn't find anything. Also, I need to know if Ra Pharoahs are better than other pharoahs at decreasing build time and increasing creation time.
Thanks.
AuthorReplies:
Etendorf
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 05:51 PM EDT (US)     1 / 20       
Going to become some super special Ra player are ya? Good for you, except about the whole playing eggy part. Wish you could do it with Odin or something like it instead, then I could watch your recs and what not.
Gosh, I am grumpy.

Anyway, I do remember there being some guide that had the information you are looking for, I think, here on the forums. It wasn't really guide like, but it had all the numbers I think. It was more like comparing how effective empowering was for different things, and how it's better to empower this than that and blah blah, and I think it had Ra empowering numbers in there too.

Nick: Eten.
Gods: All of them!
Vanilla.
iam_Chrono_J
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 06:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 20       
I'm working on a ra guide. I don't need to become a super-special Ra player as I already am one.
Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 19 April 2004 07:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 20       
Chrono's a little full of himself I hope the guide comes to me when it's done? :P

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
lessthanjakeman9
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 08:37 PM EDT (US)     4 / 20       
ummmmm im pretty sure empowering towers makes them have 50% more accuracy and 50% more attack. Then obviously its +15% for gathering rates. I think they make stuff get researched or units be made 20% faster and make buildings build 33% faster.
I always was thinking of doing a super long ra guide that spent like 1000000 years explaining how good ra priests are but i never got around to it and after writing that thor guide i doubt ill make another guide for a long time since that was a lot of work.

I always wondered about pharoahs too but im 90% sure they are the same besides gathering rate.

[This message has been edited by lessthanjakeman9 (edited 04-19-2004 @ 08:38 PM).]

iam_Chrono_J
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 09:04 PM EDT (US)     5 / 20       
Shiva, pass along a little $ and I'll work extra hard on it.
Etendorf
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 11:08 PM EDT (US)     6 / 20       
Who cares about Ra? Any noob who knows some basics can just spam mercs and then some siege and eles and win.

Do one on the hidden complexities of Loki, beyond the loki rush. That one would be cool. Saves you the trouble of finding the exact numbers anyway.

Also, I think just some recs with notes would be better than any guide besides some more basic stat guides. Show us that a garrisoned SoO in a migdol plus a Ra pharoah empowering it owns everything. That be neat.

Nick: Eten.
Gods: All of them!
Vanilla.
iam_Chrono_J
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 11:55 PM EDT (US)     7 / 20       
Or I could do a guide on worthless posts and use yours as an example.

[This message has been edited by iam_Chrono_J (edited 04-19-2004 @ 11:56 PM).]

WILHELM_II
Mortal
posted 20 April 2004 02:42 AM EDT (US)     8 / 20       
etendorf.. will you keep it down... eggy is not about stamming mercs.. to think that is just n00bish

you obviously never played eggy, and i think u never will.
\
and chrono... VGJ for starting ra guide, do you know when it might be out? coz i need something good about ra and not some stupid poeple cracking him off

(btw, eten, ra has already +5% empower to pharaoh, SoO will have it too, if u add a super-phar like u say... ra is OP, which it already has been, and i would hate to see Ra nerfed again, it took me ages to pick up the normal gameplay with ra again after those *cough*balances*cough* and ra is in a pretty bad fix now)

E_S_O_is_dumb

FAC ID
GRUNT
Mortal
posted 20 April 2004 04:30 AM EDT (US)     9 / 20       
Do a Set guide to please Grunt .
poppy123
Mortal
posted 20 April 2004 05:47 AM EDT (US)     10 / 20       
All Eggies are OP, they suck

I hear this internets pretty good. I was thinking of buying one
Matei
Mortal
posted 20 April 2004 07:47 AM EDT (US)     11 / 20       
From http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,17303,,all, I found the following:

Quote:

Attack (buildings) 50%
Build 30%
Gather 15%
Train 20%

I'm not sure if this is right though. I think everything other than the gather bonus is supposed to be equal to what you get with a Pharaoh though.

In fact the attack stat refers to fire rate, as far as I know. Also, I thought it used to be +100%, not +50%.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
Etendorf
Mortal
posted 20 April 2004 07:57 AM EDT (US)     12 / 20       
Woah, hey, I was kidding. Loki guides would be cooler than Ra guides though, unless it was something new for Ra. Then it wouldn't matter. That was more of my point.

[This message has been edited by Etendorf (edited 04-20-2004 @ 08:20 AM).]

Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 20 April 2004 08:35 AM EDT (US)     13 / 20       
P3N3M4 did create a Loki guide before he got Top 20, it's in the Strat section.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
ipso
Mortal
posted 20 April 2004 11:49 AM EDT (US)     14 / 20       
i think quiricus knows all the figures. he knows all the figures

i would really like to see a ra guide. try to get it submitted to aomh instead of these forums, i belive you just e-mail it to shiva.

eggies dont suck! they rule.

Quircus
Mortal
posted 20 April 2004 12:11 PM EDT (US)     15 / 20       
It is correct, I tested it in the Editor...

Building Rate of Fire: +50%
Build Speed: +30%
Gather Speed: +15%
Train/Research Speed: +20%

iam_Chrono_J
Mortal
posted 20 April 2004 03:29 PM EDT (US)     16 / 20       
Alright, thanks. Now I need to see if the Ra Pharoah bonus only affects resources. I'll just do that in the editor, I'm not quite as helpless as you might think.

I'm not sure when it will be done, it would depend on how much time I spend on it every day, and also how much work I'll be putting into the guide. I'm estimating two weeks before it will be finished, maybe a little longer; I don't really know for certain. It'll essentially cover most everything about Ra; basic economical advice, BOs, strategies (though I won't cover land FH), basic tactical advice, a few various tips and quirks that Ra can exploit (Rocs on Alfheim, for example), and alot of strategical advice.

I'm not covering land FH as I've rarely ever used it.

Cheesewiz
HG Alumnus
posted 20 April 2004 04:09 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20       

Quote:

Alright, thanks. Now I need to see if the Ra Pharoah bonus only affects resources. I'll just do that in the editor, I'm not quite as helpless as you might think.

Oh yea, we always think one of the 100 best aom players are helpless

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
Quircus
Mortal
posted 20 April 2004 04:25 PM EDT (US)     18 / 20       
The Pharaoh and Son of Osiris of Ra Empower Gathering at 25% rather than 20%. All other Empowerment Values are the same.

SoO and Pharaoh Empower everything at the same rate.

iam_Chrono_J
Mortal
posted 20 April 2004 05:37 PM EDT (US)     19 / 20       
You ruined my fun....
lessthanjakeman9
Mortal
posted 21 April 2004 07:33 PM EDT (US)     20 / 20       
you guys forgot one thing. I am 90% sure that when ra priests empower towers they not only give it a 50% attack rate bonus but also make it 50% more accurate. I guess theres no way to test though.

[This message has been edited by lessthanjakeman9 (edited 04-21-2004 @ 07:34 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames