You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Which is better Thoth or Osiris
Bottom
Topic Subject:Which is better Thoth or Osiris
Egyptlvr
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 07:49 PM EDT (US)         
I play as Ra usually going Ptah-Hathor, but i can't decide if OSiris is better than Horus or if Horus is better. Osiris's SoO GP is helpful, but the SoO is so slow, cannot be healed, and is not very good against infantry. Horus's Tornado is good against buildings and units and I prefer it. I don't like the avenger however as much as the mummy. I focus a lot on camels and War elephants. Who should i get?
AuthorReplies:
Counter_Master
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 07:56 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
in the title you said thoth, and here you say horus. Which one is it? Anyway, I think you should not go osiris. SoO's are pretty weak without a meatshield and can be easily ganged up on. However, Osiris gets desert winds for you camels...I dunno. The list below is best to least in my opinion.

Horus-Thoth-Osiris

Hope this helps

.o.o Counter_Master o.o.
Independent Scenario Designer
Current Project: Alexandria
I don't got time for pain! The only pain I got time for is the pain I put on fools who don't know what time it is!' --- Terry Tate

Slogo
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 08:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
Well I'm going to have to almost totally disagree with counter_master.

I'd recommend almost always taking Osiris over Horus. The main exception being if you can't put up a titan gate because of an opposing GP (earthquake). However that's irrelevent if you still have rain usually.

Anyways.... Desert Wind is an awsome tech for your camels but it costs 40 favor so you almost always want the titan first then desert wind.

Tornado is an alright GP but not incredible, it's nice in some situations but nothing spectactular.

SoO is one of the best GPs in the long run. With quick fingers and good micro you can garrison/ungarrison the SoO and pull him back to keep him alive. He does great damage and can wreck havoc on your enemy. Just make sure to keep him away from range units and put him on stand ground, he has long enough range to hit anything that can hit him even on stand ground and that way he won't wander into a trap.

BLAUWROOD
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 08:24 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
i like the tech upgrades u get from tornado dude and avengers r cheap 300 food 30 favor if u got good food eco running thats not much imo

imo Tornado gp sux its so terrible the random movement of the tornado sux so bad but its the tech upgrades i go for hehe

[This message has been edited by BLAUWROOD (edited 04-19-2004 @ 08:26 PM).]

lessthanjakeman9
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 08:29 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
thoths techs are better and his gp is about equal. His MU is about equal because it doesnt have an instant kill but is way better all around. So thoth is better

oh and since i now realize that you play as ra so were talking about horus id say osiris is ever so slightly better than horus

[This message has been edited by lessthanjakeman9 (edited 04-19-2004 @ 08:30 PM).]

ca_aok
Mortal
posted 19 April 2004 09:20 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
Osiris > Horus
Thoth = Osiris

I dont like Tornado. It's a little too random for my tastes... it could fly away from its intended target. Plus you can use SoO over the long run, instead of in a single battle. I suppose it takes care of titan gates though...

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
Cordyceps
Naphal
(id: ArchDruid)
posted 20 April 2004 11:39 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
Mummies = Instakill. Pretty powerful, although expensive.
Knights_Q2
Mortal
posted 21 April 2004 00:24 AM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
Horus's techs are increible though, if you are still using a lot of barracks units, consider him if not osiris is always better.
EC_firesaiyan
Mortal
posted 21 April 2004 10:11 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
it depends what u are going for if ur going for migdol units pick thoth.if u want better pharoahs pick osiris
ipso
Mortal
posted 21 April 2004 12:02 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
i always got lured into going thoth just for his god power, but osiris just >'s thoth IMO. if you have your resources bunched up then 2 pharohs > +10% speed for all res, and, as we are talking about ra, desert wind is a must. its one of the main reasons for going ra in the first place . since both camels and eles are cav, they both get countered by prods/spears too easily. ra camels with dw have the advantage of speed tho, at 8+

horus? naaaa. his techs benefit mostly obsolete units, his gp is lame and his mu doesnt make up for it enough. id rather have a mythic-level econ ug to barracks ones anyday

Quircus
Mortal
posted 21 April 2004 01:03 PM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
Since most people FH with Ra and never use Barracks Units, Horus is a stupid choice.

Desert Wind Camels have 7.80 Speed for Ra, and if you find that +10% Cavalry Speed Relic, well at 8.40 Speed your Camels will literally cause a Desert Wind behind them

badger_of_set
Mortal
posted 21 April 2004 01:09 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
Isis is the only one that gets Thoth or Osiris. As an Isis player you need to decide early in the game how you are going to play. You base your choice of Thoth vs Osiris based on your over-all strategy and who your opponent is. If going vs a greek opponent that you don't finish off in heroic age, you are thinking probably get to mythic and get birdman out as your strat. Go with Thoth here because you can park your pheonix in the corner of the map and then fly it by his titan gate as soon as he starts building it and then simply meteor it. This applies for any greek as well as a Ra or Set opponent. Really the same would go for an atlantean opponent. Thoth is not a bad choice (for the above reason) vs a Norse opponent, although you might want to go Osiris if you decide to do more of a fast mythic and you are down 4-2 in TC, as the SOO and mummies can help to fend off a norse attack very well.

Versus Isis, probably pick Osiris as you aren't going to be able to meteor his gate.

Hope thats helpful.

iam_Chrono_J
Mortal
posted 21 April 2004 03:15 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
If you're using alot of camels, go Osiris.
If you will face/are facing alot of strong MUs, go Osiris.
If you are playing Isis, go Osiris.

If you are using alot of spears, go Horus.
Tornado can kill a gate before its 20% built, so take that into mind. If it's more than 20% built, and you still have shifting sands, it'd be a good idea to use tornado (kills vills around gate, and hurts the gate) and then shift in some siege+units.

ReIch
Mortal
posted 21 April 2004 06:58 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13       

Quoted from Bugs Sticky:

If the Son Of Osiris GP is invoked on the 2nd Pharoh (one gained by the New Kingdom Technology), then an extra Pharoh will spawn, to give a total of 3. Additionally any 2nd Pharoh will be 10% slower than normal.

Thats why i always pick osiris.

--
Best regards

Balazs
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames