You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies, Closed
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Inappropriate game titles
Bottom
Topic Subject:Inappropriate game titles
Leroy_Snodgrass
Mortal
posted 21 April 2004 11:00 PM EDT (US)         
For the past few weeks two users have put political messages as their game titles and let the game to sit on the ESO server list for publicity.

Can ESO do anything about this, it is quite irritating.

AuthorReplies:
Melkor_
Mortal
posted 21 April 2004 11:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
Ya every day I see that one bashing bush it's pretty stupid.

And he descended upon Arda in power and majesty greater than any other of the Valar, as a mountain that wades in the sea and has its head above the clouds and is clad in ice and crowned with smoke and fire; and the light of eyes of Melkor was like a flame that withers with heat and pierces with a deadly cold. - Tolkien
Eso Names: NoFx__Melkor beryl_acumen
Cyber_Set
Mortal
posted 21 April 2004 11:08 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
Indeed

C loudNine
XKostas
Mortal
posted 21 April 2004 11:11 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
If their not breaking any rules, then not. They have freedom of expression so unless it's not a racist, sexist, message that degrades others than it will not be fixed. I do not know what the title is so I cannot say for sure if the title was inappropriate or not. But they probally have the freedom to express themselves and make a statement to others. Also I would not post the titles because they might be against the CoC.

ESO2 Name: Kostas
Johnny_Deppig
Mortal
posted 22 April 2004 08:58 AM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
If ESOs CoC for hosting games allows that kind of stuff, they should change the CoC (and Iīm not a fan of Bush even). When someone posted "no Jews" in a AoK game they got banned, havenīt seen any action on all the "nO FaGz" games thou.. sadly..
OnlyUsernameLeft
Mortal
posted 22 April 2004 09:45 AM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
Lol I've seen titles that advertise drugs
Kasei
Mortal
posted 22 April 2004 09:47 AM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
Well the message actually degrades Bush... so I think ES ought to boot this game... unless they're not not booting on purpose cos they like the message

Formerly Rider
leonard_shelby
Banned
posted 22 April 2004 09:49 AM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
VOTE KERRY!!!!
Johnny_Deppig
Mortal
posted 22 April 2004 09:53 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
Post a game entitled "Democrats will Burn in Hell" and see what happens

And Iīve seen games entitled "Girls Only 12-15 Chat".. but thatīs just sad.. or spooky..

[This message has been edited by Johnny_Deppig (edited 04-22-2004 @ 09:54 AM).]

Lord_Aaltar
Mortal
posted 22 April 2004 10:05 AM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
Of course ESO posts anti-Bush stuff and why not? He's a democrat, and a christian, and he's trying to make the world a better place by doing what every one else can't or won't. (please note that this is sarcasm)

Me thinks it's sad to get politics involved on a gaming site. It just ticks everyone off. Then again, someone might be handing them money to do it.

An assimilating strat is the best strat

[This message has been edited by Lord_Aaltar (edited 04-22-2004 @ 10:11 AM).]

ipso
Mortal
posted 22 April 2004 10:51 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
the worst one was "gay/bi chat 10-15 no game"

*shudders*

or the "2v2 french only no english" one.

El Moppo
Mortal
(id: C J)
posted 22 April 2004 11:04 AM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
Well they may be French, and maybe they want to speak French with someone else who can speak fluent Frenc. It'd be much easier that way for some.

But I aggree, there are loads of inappropriate game names (even though I haven't been on ESO for months).

][- ][_ . ][\/][ (()) ][) ][) (())
Angelcynn > Niwe Middangeard ~ Ic
Darth Persia
Banned
posted 22 April 2004 11:35 AM EDT (US)     12 / 13       

Quote:

Post a game entitled "Democrats will Burn in Hell" and see what happens
And Iīve seen games entitled "Girls Only 12-15 Chat".. but thatīs just sad.. or spooky..

The first one would probably be kicked off because, we all know that the only reason that the ones that bash Bush survive is because his stupid intelliegence agency can't do anything right *sarcasam*

The second one is spooky...

Johnny_Deppig
Mortal
posted 22 April 2004 11:54 AM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
"We have.. err.. reports... that the evildoing Al-Qaida may have infiltrated certain.. Internet gadget thingies.. and may use them to.. spread propaganda for their.. evil cause.. we will investigate throughly."
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames