You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » The real problem
Bottom
Topic Subject:The real problem
GMan
Mortal
posted 22 April 2004 11:29 PM EDT (US)         
Forget the "shh" bug. That shady thing only bit me once and I play every night.

Lets talk about the real annoying issue that few people own up to. I am sick and tired of people being able to make the game go OOS once its apparent the game is over. This happens too many times to be mere coincidence.

I like to keep my rating low to bust smurfs. I will resign games that I am obviously smashing my opponent, just to keep my rating low to slaughter smurfs. You can tell in the first few minutes how good the person you are playing is.

I am amazed how many times my games go OOS when it is obvious that I will win. It very rarely happens when I am getting stomped. You cannot tell me that people can't do this on purpose.

AuthorReplies:
Quircus
Mortal
posted 23 April 2004 01:41 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
99% of OOSes are not on purpose. (with about 10% of that being from Tornado GP - the most likely GP to cause OOS)

Probably 1% of OOSes are caused intentionally (no idea how, but I know it can be achieved several ways)

MR2 Pilot
Mortal
posted 23 April 2004 02:43 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Well if anyone figures out how to do it, please DON'T post it, or then this game really will be done for!

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
ipso
Mortal
posted 23 April 2004 03:17 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
lol, yea. im sure it would pop up at mfo first anyway
SuperTr00pers
Immortal
posted 23 April 2004 03:51 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
There may be something wrong with your connection. Do you use a router or a wireless internet? Do you have a firewall?

[D4KU]

zZeitGeist
Mortal
posted 23 April 2004 04:07 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
That question negates the original posters observation/experience regarding just when this happens.

Anyway... I wanna know what OOS looks like. Is that like when you get that "wait" window where you figure you're being droptricked?

[This message has been edited by zZeitGeist (edited 04-23-2004 @ 04:07 PM).]

Pale Horse
Mortal
posted 23 April 2004 04:37 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
A true OOS should give you a message, 'player X has gone OutOfSync - saving game', although come to think of it, does Titans do that or something like the decision screen?
Jet_Set_Jim
Mortal
posted 23 April 2004 04:39 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       

Quote:

I like to keep my rating low to bust smurfs.

Doesn't that make you something of a smurf yourself?

@SuperTr00pers: I wouldn't always assume that this is due to a faulty connection... a few days ago I was thrashing this guy when he typed "thanks" and then drop-tricked me. I *know* that it was intentional, because I looked up his stats and out of the last say 8 games he'd won all 8, but in 4 or 5 cases this was despite having little or no army left compared to his opponent! He's now mid 1700s despite clearly being no more than a 1600 player.

At Shiva's advice I've emailed eso.abuse@ensemblestudios.com with links to the game stats pages which clearly show this, and I keenly revisit this guy's stats waiting for justice to be done

Mind you - in retrospect I'm not sure why the cheater bothers to play the game... I soon got my points back, and he'll never get particularly high rankings by cheating - so he may as well simply knock up a fake screen saying "you are 2000+! well done you!" and try to feel good about that...

I've done a lot of things that I'm not proud of.
And the things that I am proud of are disgusting.
GMan
Mortal
posted 23 April 2004 06:48 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Jet, yes it does. I have admitted it in the past.

Trooper, I do have a router with firewall, but 98% of my games do not go OOS.

The two times it happened yesterday were of suspicious nature to me, only because of the timing.

Game 1, Watering Hole, he turtles. We had been talking on and off during the game. I control map, bust out a titan. As titan is lumbering to wreak havoc, the message.."Dammit, you're a smurf!!!' is sent to me. Seconds later, the game goes OOS.

Game 2, We're even matched and both in heroic with only minor skirmishes to this point. My Greek vs. his Egg. My pegasus flew over his army, revealing mostly slingers, so I go calvary heavy to cover the archers I already had. He attacks with his force, I send in the calv...he anscestors and then eclipses. I run away to wait for the minions to die. They die, I stop and begin to slaugher slingers. Game goes OOS once this happens....

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames