You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.73 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Please sign the petition for the release of The Titans for Mac users!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Please sign the petition for the release of The Titans for Mac users!
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 06 February 2005 10:12 PM EDT (US)         
Yes Mods/Admins ect I read the TOS and rules, however I felt that this is important and relavent to AoM. Please for the sake of Aom, let this topic remain as it is and even if you can, sticky it! Thanks to those who participate and widen AoM's audience!

http://www.petitiononline.com/titans12/petition.html

AuthorReplies:
tarmo_flake
Mortal
posted 06 February 2005 10:47 PM EDT (US)     1 / 73       
MMM... Nah...

"Society has traditionally alwalys tried to find scapegoats for its problems, well, here I am." - Marilyn Manson, 1996
Makaan
Mortal
posted 06 February 2005 10:56 PM EDT (US)     2 / 73       
even though I dont have a mac, I signed as Mr. Anderson anyways lol

also http://www.petitiononline.com/18932002/petition.html

is a better petition

[This message has been edited by Makaan (edited 02-06-2005 @ 11:08 PM).]

mzhaO
Mortal
posted 06 February 2005 11:24 PM EDT (US)     3 / 73       
I signed it, even though I don't have a Mac. I feel sorry for the Mac users who are waiting for TT.

I would like for someone to take the URL out of the title, it's just a bit annoying. Just a comment, no offense.

/mzhao
comador02
Mortal
posted 06 February 2005 11:26 PM EDT (US)     4 / 73       
Why do you need a petition to make a game thats already for another system? Why don't they just start making it.

(I don't have a mac... who does?)

Forgive and forget, just don't forget to forgive.~Comador02

<<<---Location

[This message has been edited by God (edited 11-19-2120 @ 2:38 PM).]

Theris264
Mortal
posted 07 February 2005 02:02 AM EDT (US)     5 / 73       
*signs*
*hint*I just hope someone puts this in the frontpage news.*hint*

Theris264
former Age of Mythology Heaven and Age of Empires III Heaven forumer||former member of Ambition Designs
"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Gandhi
Hikari
Mortal
(id: echowinds)
posted 07 February 2005 02:48 AM EDT (US)     6 / 73       
They should make it. It's a 2.2% of all computer market, and considering there are millions of computers, ES can still earn substantila amount from Mac users.

Dmytry_
Mortal
posted 07 February 2005 06:37 AM EDT (US)     7 / 73       
Don't game on a mac. It's like gaming with a workstation graphics card. It doesn't work.
Satch
Mortal
posted 07 February 2005 07:52 AM EDT (US)     8 / 73       
*signed* Its ridiculous how few quality games there are for macs. I strongly believe the only thing keeping Win/tel in business is their strong gaming library. You can do everything else on a mac or w/ linux at least as well, and in most cases better than on a windows/intel platform.
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 07 February 2005 11:37 AM EDT (US)     9 / 73       
Mac simply sucks.

Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 07 February 2005 03:10 PM EDT (US)     10 / 73       
Thanks for signing the petition, as for you other people please dont waste your or my time by posting your pointless spam. And actually there are 15% mac users out there. Its pointless, a 2x.5 powerful mac (compared to a pc) cost 499, and a pc thats crap cost $399. Macs are better, America is just cheap and stingy, paying for the lower performing PC. But I am not in the mood for starting a war between platforms so continue please.
Pwned
Mortal
(id: You_Are_Pwned)
posted 07 February 2005 03:20 PM EDT (US)     11 / 73       
I signed it, the more people that get to play this game the better.

ada
DuzraCrash
Mortal
posted 07 February 2005 04:01 PM EDT (US)     12 / 73       

Quote:

Don't game on a mac. It's like gaming with a workstation graphics card. It doesn't work.

Lol What do you know---- Mac nooblet!

Why do we kill people, who kill people to show that KILLING is bad?

[This message has been edited by DuzraCrash (edited 02-07-2005 @ 04:01 PM).]

Dmytry_
Mortal
posted 07 February 2005 04:21 PM EDT (US)     13 / 73       
I know the best graphics card for a Mac is a 9800 pro (unless a new one has been released resently for the Mac) which sucks. I also know macs have a one button mouse. They are slower and more expensive than PCs for gaming.
Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 07 February 2005 05:55 PM EDT (US)     14 / 73       
Yes actually a better card has been recently released, but no I do not know the name off the top of my head. I am just a bit aggravated that you AoM lovers wont allow others to play the game? It take 20 seconds at most to fill out, and your e-mail will NOT be given out! What do you have to lose? You are helping to expand one of the best strategy games out there. If you owned only a mac and you were in my position wouldnt u want people to help you aswell? I know I would
rampagingturtle8
Mortal
posted 07 February 2005 06:52 PM EDT (US)     15 / 73       

Quoted from Dmytry_:

I also know macs have a one button mouse.

You can get any kind of mouse for mac that you want.

I think they should somehow get ESO for mac because the "gameranger" for mac has like 3 games going at a time.

Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 07 February 2005 07:15 PM EDT (US)     16 / 73       
Ya unfortunetely Macsoft didnt do an awsome job with the online play. Yes, I will admit that there are about 9-10x the amount pcs out there than macs, which definetely reduces the amount of players, however when I host a game, peeps join within minutes. The larger issue is teh matter of hosting, not playing online. To stay on topic please continue signing this petition.
Satch
Mortal
posted 07 February 2005 07:50 PM EDT (US)     17 / 73       
The ATI 9800 pro is hardly a bad video card, more than good enough for AOM-TT. The new powerbooks come w/ a 9700 Mobile, which is very good for a notebook computer, my new HP notebook only has a Nvidia Go440. Its VERY VERY hard to find a pc notebook w/ a decent video card.
Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 07 February 2005 10:36 PM EDT (US)     18 / 73       
Ya my comp has a 9600 but its a year old so go figure . I am just so dissapointed that you PC users have something us mac users dont. I mean I do not understand those who refuse to sign, its like they dont WANT us mac users to have the game, like it makes them feel superior. Back on topic, continue with the signing please.

To a mod/admin: Can one of you please sticky this or post it on homepage, geocities.com/aom_mac did, and I know you guys arent that site, but you are in an "alliance"

Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 08 February 2005 07:17 AM EDT (US)     19 / 73       
BUMP
Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 08 February 2005 08:44 AM EDT (US)     20 / 73       
Please don't bump. If a thread is good enough, it does that for itself.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 08 February 2005 03:05 PM EDT (US)     21 / 73       
Oh ok I only did because I order for others to sign it needs to reamain one of the active topics. I asked mods to sticky it but they as of now no one did.
Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 08 February 2005 03:35 PM EDT (US)     22 / 73       
I'm sorry, but it's not going to be stickied.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
comador02
Mortal
posted 08 February 2005 04:00 PM EDT (US)     23 / 73       
What's the point of making cool games for old systems like mac? everyone who has a mac should switch over to pc... 3 WOOTS FOR PC!!!

Forgive and forget, just don't forget to forgive.~Comador02

<<<---Location

[This message has been edited by God (edited 11-19-2120 @ 2:38 PM).]

Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 09 February 2005 09:18 AM EDT (US)     24 / 73       
Ok shiva, thanks anyway. And dude macs arent old or low-tech. When is the last time you have left your house and looked at the macs out there? Check this site, because macs are way ahead of PC's, PC's are just cheaper, which is why the majority of America buys them, "price over performance"
Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 09 February 2005 08:44 PM EDT (US)     25 / 73       
----What's the point of making cool games for old systems like mac? everyone who has a mac should switch over to pc... 3 WOOTS FOR PC!!!----

Because I dont have 1 grand to spare, yea i could buy the 399 pc but that barely can run internet+email . Most good gaming Pc's cost 1500 or more. Even if I did, I would upgrade my mac to make it perform better, its already decent, and runs AoM fine.

Finally a PC user isnt to stubborn to admin that Macs can handle anything better than a PC, except for gaming (not because of the computer build, because of the amount of companies who make games pc accessible only). Once Macs get a firm ground for gaming, nothing is gonna stop them from being the best computer systems. If you disagree name one field (besides gaming) that PC's own in. Also, try to stay on topic and sign the petition as you post, Thanks.

Chubbs4U
Mortal
posted 10 February 2005 03:03 AM EDT (US)     26 / 73       
I just think its amazing that youd come here to ask us to sign it and then you rip on the people that do....looks like you have your priorities messed up.....

Also doesnt Microsoft back the AOM games....meaning why would they give it to another platform?....This wouldnt be a very good business move IMO ....besides it looks like Microsoft knows what they are doing....

VtG
Mortal
posted 10 February 2005 10:25 AM EDT (US)     27 / 73       

Quote:

America is just cheap and stingy

Lovely. Not at all like the British.

Of course, America does account for about a quarter of the world's economic activity. But, it's also important to remember that Apple Computers is also an American company. Too bad Apple frittered away the near 100% market share in home computers that they had 30 years or so ago.

I have used Macs in the past and enjoyed them; though I have yet to bring myself to purchase one mostly for the same reason that this thread exists in the first place. Besides, I already have a religion and don't have room in my life for another. Too often, my Mac-zealot friends put tele-evangelists to shame.

At the same time, I think that it would be great if AOM would get a Mac version.

DuzraCrash
Mortal
posted 10 February 2005 01:03 PM EDT (US)     28 / 73       
PLUS The mac is the only computer to have a 30 inch screen specially disigned for a computer.. does your PC`S have that?!

And Mac`s are not slower then PCs haha they are actually way faster an average MAC = ( G4 powermac 1,25 GhZ dual pentium 4)
Owns!! the Average pc ( dunno any spesiffic names for it tho. )

Why do we kill people, who kill people to show that KILLING is bad?
Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 10 February 2005 03:52 PM EDT (US)     29 / 73       
Not really macs have up to 2.5 ghz and up to 8 gigs memory, and the graphics are fine if not great. I am using a 9600 radeon, and AoM and halo are displayed as on Xbox. Yea and I dont know anyone who uses (or can afford) a 30 inch or larger display system. If you want larger you can hook it up to any larger display. They just arent for sale on teh apple site.
Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 11 February 2005 07:22 AM EDT (US)     30 / 73       
What is the cheapest PC, that can run AoM: TT decently, and wont lag online due to computer specs? I would prefer a dell btw.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames