Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.40 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Heros
Bottom
Topic Subject:Heros
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 17 November 2001 09:59 PM EDT (US)         
In the third video of bruce shelley, he reveled that heros are simply a counter for myth units and do not call down god powers. Makes sense to me! Any thoughts?

edit: 12 18 01

Well i figured i'd bring this topic back to life, seeing that it's under debate again.

I want to take a different angle on it though. Since we really aren't sure whether or not heros call down god powers, the question is what do you want?

#1 Heros should be needed to call down god powers.

#2 Heros should not be need to call down god powers.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

[This message has been edited by SoR_Anarchy (edited 12-18-2001 @ 06:57 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Clarissimus
Mortal
posted 17 November 2001 10:25 PM EDT (US)     1 / 40       
Makes sense to me.

"It may come as a shock to you . . . You can have fun and be serious all at the same time."
ArrangedEarth
Mortal
posted 17 November 2001 10:36 PM EDT (US)     2 / 40       
::didn't watch last movie::

Are you serious?! Then what do hero's do? Attack?

A . R . R . A . N . G . E . D . E . A . R . T . H

[This message has been edited by ArrangedEarth (edited 11-17-2001 @ 10:36 PM).]

SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 17 November 2001 10:38 PM EDT (US)     3 / 40       
Yes dead serious. They are a counter to myth units.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 17 November 2001 10:42 PM EDT (US)     4 / 40       
ah, counters to myth units, that would make sense.
But it does come to as a suprise.
Interesting on how things are going and changing.

I beg any of you, more details! For us unfortuante that do not have such means of broadband.

ArrangedEarth
Mortal
posted 17 November 2001 11:46 PM EDT (US)     5 / 40       
Isn't that alittle unbalanced though? Only having one counter unit for MUs and getting them are a challege.
Heros must have changed alot...

A . R . R . A . N . G . E . D . E . A . R . T . H
Alexandergreat3
Mortal
posted 18 November 2001 02:30 AM EDT (US)     6 / 40       
Quote:
...heros are simply a counter for myth units and do not call down god powers

Big question is: who will call down god powers then?

SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 18 November 2001 09:46 AM EDT (US)     7 / 40       
All bruce did in the videos was click a button on the side of the screen and click the ground. There is no unit need to call down god power.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

DarkFlame
Mortal
posted 18 November 2001 10:12 AM EDT (US)     8 / 40       
that sounds good.... and realistic. most mythological heroes became a hero because they killed monsters and that kind of stuff I guess heroes are really strong, if they are that important as ES said.

Ohmigod, fancy colour fading!
I blame these purple things.
GFWL: NilePenguin
BlackKnight100
Mortal
posted 18 November 2001 06:37 PM EDT (US)     9 / 40       
i wonder if the pharoah has something to do with it?

each civ could have a special unit that calls down god powers.

any comments?

Ace Cataphract
HG Alumnus
(id: Ace_Cataphract)
posted 18 November 2001 07:42 PM EDT (US)     10 / 40       
Its ok I guess cause so far in mythology I've read a hero always kills a creature.
EX:Oysseus kills the Cyclopse.
IV1066
Mortal
posted 18 November 2001 09:18 PM EDT (US)     11 / 40       
Quote:
All bruce did in the videos was click a button on the side of the screen and click the ground. There is no unit need to call down god power.

He was playing a demo of the game, not the game, so we have no idea if that is actually a game feature or if it's just to make the demo simpler. I think that heros are 'just' for killing MUs (which seems to be a big task to me), and that monk units will call god powers down, and pharoahs will call god powers down and also be able to shoot them at a distance (as well as do something really cool that I haven't a clue about, from what ES said about everyone playing the Eggies for a bit because of the pharoah).

And Odysseus didn't kill Polyphemus, he just blinded him.

TM Real
Mortal
posted 19 November 2001 12:23 PM EDT (US)     12 / 40       
Durnig the first posts of this thread I was dissapointed 'bout this, but now I like it!
'cause heroes weren't prayers, they were monster-killing fighters, that's right!
But I can't imagine that u don't need an unit to call down god powers!That'd be to easy.I think it's only so in the demo.But maybe it'd also make sense, 'cause maybe it was too easy for the defenders to kill the god power down calling unit and too difficult for the attackers to call down the powers!
That'd also make the game faster 'cause gid powers would be used more often then before!
Yeah, the more I think 'bout this the more I like it!
But there'e also a question now: will the egyptians still begin the game with a heroe?
TM Real
Mortal
posted 19 November 2001 12:26 PM EDT (US)     13 / 40       
Now I have another idea what the pharaoe might be:
Maybe he calls down god powers AND is a counter unit against MUs.
SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 18 December 2001 06:56 PM EDT (US)     14 / 40       
Well i figured i'd bring this topic back to life, seeing that it's under debate again.

I want to take a different angle on it though. Since we really aren't sure whether or not heros call down god powers, the question is what do you want?

#1 Heros should be needed to call down god powers.

#2 Heros should not be need to call down god powers.

2 for me.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

[This message has been edited by SoR_Anarchy (edited 12-18-2001 @ 06:58 PM).]

AgeofMe
Mortal
posted 18 December 2001 07:19 PM EDT (US)     15 / 40       
Absolutly #1! I think anything else is what the EE forum people will eat up! Sure you need favour to do it but having to have the hero there adds a whole lot. EE people are complaining that it's "fantasy" or "not historical", the ability to cast god powers from one end of the map to the other is cheesy and will just give the AoM haters more ammo.
In case somebody didn't get that I vote #1.

You know that newbie you played who insisted
on Black Forest? Who dragged you out on a 6 hour
long game without once attacking?
Hi
Proud member of the FPH clan.
Proud Winner of Dare's first funny sig award.
Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 18 December 2001 07:22 PM EDT (US)     16 / 40       
Hrm, I don't know whatever works best but I think #2 will work best.
SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 18 December 2001 07:27 PM EDT (US)     17 / 40       

Quote:

I think anything else is what the EE forum people will eat up!

Who cares what they think? There aren't that many of them anyway. I mean hasn't EE sold about 50 copies?

I'm sorry in advance to all EE fans offend by this comment.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

bismark27511
Mortal
posted 18 December 2001 07:43 PM EDT (US)     18 / 40       
HEROES DEFINATELY ABSOLUTELY MUST CALL DOWN GOD POWERS, dont let it go down the path of red alert super weapons! nuke em from long range, nothing you can do... do u think it would be fair to decimate an enemy army from teh safety of your own walls, *BIG BOOM* there goes the town center and the rest of my economy... no of course not, heroes must be present to do such feats, and there must be a period of initiation (we saw this on the movie) where the hero summons the gods, and where the enemy may counter... in this way, meteor storms and the like arent all powerful... and how exciting would an anti mu unit be? o wow, he respawns every 15 minutes, yet all he does is rip up anubises... im for the god powers, the way we have seen the hero call them down in every movie so far (including i would say norse flyover)

they couldnt rewrite the campaigns could they? we saw the clip of the first mission (i believe its first) that hero ate up the enemy with gods help, and i dont wanna wait another year for them to rewrite it all, especially since its a bad idea anyways...

If u arent one of those scenario playin, black forest loving, drop-tricking, red ping, econ booming, WALLING, 0 gamer, WONDER BUILDING, incompleters, come to rated and we can have an AOE game like it is supposed to be played...
SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 18 December 2001 07:55 PM EDT (US)     19 / 40       

Quote:

dont let it go down the path of red alert super weapons!

Well of course you can only send god powers in your own LOS.

Quote:

im for the god powers, the way we have seen the hero call them down in every movie so far (including i would say norse flyover)

Guess you haven't seen the bruce shelley videos.

Quote:

they couldnt rewrite the campaigns could they? we saw the clip of the first mission (i believe its first) that hero ate up the enemy with gods help, and i dont wanna wait another year for them to rewrite it all, especially since its a bad idea anyways...

I think your talking about the E3 video. The hero wasn't calling down god pwers in this video. The person playing would just point to the ground and send a metor shower or whatever. A hero was present though, i'll give you that.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 18 December 2001 08:01 PM EDT (US)     20 / 40       
Hrm, this just made me think of something....would it be that the hero MUST be present in order for a godpower to be summoned? As in LOS... Err I have no idea, very frustrating.
bismark27511
Mortal
posted 18 December 2001 08:21 PM EDT (US)     21 / 40       
your right anarchy they wont work on my pc ...

well for my view, hoever uninformed as it may be, is that heroes need to be there...

and i heard on one of the previews site that there is no los or morlae(obviously) since they dont want to make it complex... if this is true, we send the scout over in the dark age, its revealed, then *big boom*... there goes the econ...

tell me if i am wrong again...

If u arent one of those scenario playin, black forest loving, drop-tricking, red ping, econ booming, WALLING, 0 gamer, WONDER BUILDING, incompleters, come to rated and we can have an AOE game like it is supposed to be played...
SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 18 December 2001 11:29 PM EDT (US)     22 / 40       

Quote:

and i heard on one of the previews site that there is no los or morlae(obviously) since they dont want to make it complex...

I've seen AoM in person at gen con and there was LOS.

Quote:

tell me if i am wrong again...

Hey man don't sweat it. We are all just to discuss and learn about the game.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

InsaneCow
Mortal
posted 19 December 2001 00:05 AM EDT (US)     23 / 40       
#1 if you want an explanation, i'll give you one later.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
G-Dubs is the greatest president evah!
BrazilianRaider
Mortal
posted 19 December 2001 01:26 AM EDT (US)     24 / 40       
I think ES's original idea was pretty good:
U have a hero. u call for a GodPower. A light from the sky descends upon your hero. After a while the GodPower happens.

This is pretty balanced for two reaons:
-Enemies have time and chance to kill the hero before the GodPower takes place
-The owner of the hero need to pay alot of attention and defend his hero with all he got instead of just casting the God Power from his town and watch the enemy explode.

Have u seen the Norse Flyover movie?
U can see the norse hero waving his flag around seconds before snow starts falling. Wich brings out an important questions: is snow a God Power and is the hero calling for it??

Sure, why not make Heros counters for MU but i think they should call God Powers and fight instead of just fighting.

InsaneCow
Mortal
posted 19 December 2001 07:02 AM EDT (US)     25 / 40       
I believe it was a hero casting the snowstorm god power. Think of it as the lightning god power from the E3 movies. First, light rain starts coming, then it gets heavier, until finally the lightning strikes down wherevr the hero is at. I believe we saw the light flurry of the beginnig of the god power at the end of the movie. Then, snowfall gets heavier until the end of the countdown. At the end of the countdown, where ever the hero is, is the focal point of the attack. So in the last movie, the hero would have 65 seconds to get to here ever he wants the blizzard to be centralized at.

This could explain the flag waiver, the snow storm countdown, as well as the small flurry at the end of the movie.

Anyone agree with me?

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
G-Dubs is the greatest president evah!
bismark27511
Mortal
posted 19 December 2001 07:40 AM EDT (US)     26 / 40       
hey whatever i didnt mean it like that i was just saying that since i didnt see the movie i am probably wrong...

so there is LOS!!! YEA!!!!

scouts area a must, and heroes MUST call down god powers

i agree with ya perfectly insane cow...

yea heroes!!!

SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 19 December 2001 01:57 PM EDT (US)     27 / 40       
It's hard to tell whether or not the flag waving "hero" is the one calling down the powers or not. It seems to fit together though. I would be nice i we could get some ES feedback here.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

Real
Mortal
posted 19 December 2001 02:15 PM EDT (US)     28 / 40       
I dunno if Im for or against it...

I think after thinkin about it for a while Im for 1#, but Im not completely sure....

Where's paradise?...............AoM is....In war there're only loosers!
Paradise is in your heart - ..gonna come! Love is the soul's blood!
open your heart and you'll be in paradise!..There's no uncertainty, there's only hope!
What's the difference between a raven?...What's yellow and hangs in a tree?
Nothing...its legs are both equal, all about the right one!...=> A blue couch!
Real may say he leaves...but be sure, he'll come back!
Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 19 December 2001 02:21 PM EDT (US)     29 / 40       
Uhh if you noticed it says "Player 1: Snowstorm". Could this be player 1(blue) causing the storm since the hero waving the flag is green? I am thinking waving flag is just an idle animation.
SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 19 December 2001 02:40 PM EDT (US)     30 / 40       
Solid point imp!

God Bless America.

I am the state.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames