Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.40 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Heros
Bottom
Topic Subject:Heros
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 17 November 2001 09:59 PM EDT (US)         
In the third video of bruce shelley, he reveled that heros are simply a counter for myth units and do not call down god powers. Makes sense to me! Any thoughts?

edit: 12 18 01

Well i figured i'd bring this topic back to life, seeing that it's under debate again.

I want to take a different angle on it though. Since we really aren't sure whether or not heros call down god powers, the question is what do you want?

#1 Heros should be needed to call down god powers.

#2 Heros should not be need to call down god powers.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

[This message has been edited by SoR_Anarchy (edited 12-18-2001 @ 06:57 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
The_Newbie
Mortal
posted 19 December 2001 03:01 PM EDT (US)     31 / 40       
I would say 1 because otherwise myth powers will have to be toned down to stop them becoming to powerful.
If 2 then there should at least be a way of preventing them (like temples stop prophet powers in EE)
AgeofMe
Mortal
posted 19 December 2001 03:04 PM EDT (US)     32 / 40       
Okay, i'll say it differently. What I mean is that a lot of people are mad about ES going to AoM instead of AoE 3, because it's not historical, or it's "fantasy". Having God powers being able to wall up and still attack is just gonna make more people mad. I for one, don't like the Idea because I don't want a meteor shower coming down from somewhere across the map without being able to stop it.

You know that newbie you played who insisted
on Black Forest? Who dragged you out on a 6 hour
long game without once attacking?
Hi
Proud member of the FPH clan.
Proud Winner of Dare's first funny sig award.
First_Timothy
Mortal
posted 19 December 2001 03:18 PM EDT (US)     33 / 40       
Actually, snow should be a Norse advantage. Maybe the snow imparts protection to the village in the way of extra hitpoints to buildings (the piles of snow are on the sides of the fort, not the opening) and slower enemy troop movements. When you see an enemy on the move you call in the snow to protect your town and/or your troops. I agree that the color of the Player 1 text seems wrong, but this is whole thing is obviously done in the editor and, as every scenario designer knows, you can make your messages show up in any color. Perhaps ES is having a little fun with colors.

─ First_Timothy ─> 1 Timothy 1:5 <─ The goal is love. ─
Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 19 December 2001 04:29 PM EDT (US)     34 / 40       
Actually First_Timothy, player 1 can be Norse as well. There is no rule stating that their can only be 1 culture per player per game.
Also on the mini-map, you see blue's civ. Again, I am still thinking the animation of the hero is an idle one.
And again, how do you know its from scen editor? It might be a recorded game...

[This message has been edited by Imperialarc (edited 12-19-2001 @ 04:34 PM).]

First_Timothy
Mortal
posted 19 December 2001 05:08 PM EDT (US)     35 / 40       
It seems to be done in the scenario editor, because the Fire Giant starts to move only when he comes on screen as is evidenced by his footprints.

─ First_Timothy ─> 1 Timothy 1:5 <─ The goal is love. ─
SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 20 December 2001 04:07 PM EDT (US)     36 / 40       
Some of you guys haven't voted yet. Keep the discussion and voting coming.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

Jotun
Mortal
posted 22 December 2001 02:23 AM EDT (US)     37 / 40       
Heros should call down god powers

They sended us away to theez big buldeengs all dey And fur wut They sez that it is so we can get taughted I says Iv lernd enuf
SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 12:42 PM EDT (US)     38 / 40       
Well it now looks like (based on SG's knowledge of german) god powers will not require a hero at all. I say thank God! what do you all have to say?

God Bless America.

I am the state.

Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 02:51 PM EDT (US)     39 / 40       
On paper sounds good, Swinger says that god powers now are very strategic...so I guess I am excited about it now.
Real
Mortal
posted 16 January 2002 10:10 AM EDT (US)     40 / 40       
Yeah, now you only have to have an unit in the area where you wanna cause the god power, so you'll have to pay a lot attention, because even a lonley villiger could beat your whole army then.

Sounds also a bit unbalanced, but we'll see.

But it sounds if you'll have more god powers now or if higher ages are expensive because you get a god power at the begining of every new age.

Also that you can not have more then four not-used god powers at one time sounds if you will have more of 'em.

Where's paradise?...............AoM is....In war there're only loosers!
Paradise is in your heart - ..gonna come! Love is the soul's blood!
open your heart and you'll be in paradise!..There's no uncertainty, there's only hope!
What's the difference between a raven?...What's yellow and hangs in a tree?
Nothing...its legs are both equal, all about the right one!...=> A blue couch!
Real may say he leaves...but be sure, he'll come back!

[This message has been edited by Real (edited 01-16-2002 @ 10:11 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames