You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Darn short attention span!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Darn short attention span!
bcewwecb
Mortal
posted 31 March 2005 00:49 AM EDT (US)         
Hi everyone. I be new here. Well, anyway, I love using AoM's editor to make my own maps and stuff and I'm pretty good at it I guess, just one problem: I can't seem to get myself to sit at my computer long enough for me to really get anything done. I get less than maybe 1/3 through a project then i give up and start a new one. I also can't get myself to sit and work for more than maybe an hour at a time, I always end up distracted with something else or twirling around in my chair not doing anything. With a tight schedule of school, homework, and playing my bass that 1 or two hours a day is all I have. I'm notthe kind of person that makes crap scenarios that tke me 30 minutes, I can never force myself to do that, and I always end up setting my standards to high and try making something big.

If I could get myself to finally finish a project, though, I think you guys would be impressed for what I can do, only being 13 and everything. Does anyone have any suggestions as how I can get myself to actually sit down and work and finish stuff, without resorting to strapping myself down in my chair?

AuthorReplies:
richygorgan
Mortal
posted 31 March 2005 04:00 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       

Quote:

Hi everyone. I be new here. Well, anyway, I love using AoM's editor to make my own maps and stuff and I'm pretty good at it I guess, just one problem: I can't seem to get myself to sit at my computer long enough for me to really get anything done. I get less than maybe 1/3 through a project then i give up and start a new one. I also can't get myself to sit and work for more than maybe an hour at a time, I always end up distracted with something else or twirling around in my chair not doing anything. With a tight schedule of school, homework, and playing my bass that 1 or two hours a day is all I have. I'm notthe kind of person that makes crap scenarios that tke me 30 minutes, I can never force myself to do that, and I always end up setting my standards to high and try making something big.
If I could get myself to finally finish a project, though, I think you guys would be impressed for what I can do, only being 13 and everything. Does anyone have any suggestions as how I can get myself to actually sit down and work and finish stuff, without resorting to strapping myself down in my chair?

Are you my brother 0_0doh, i mean i do the exact samething, before i was on this i made powerpoint presentations with lots of animations but i never finishhalf of them because i get bored of making them.
But on AOM theres lots of triggers, scenery ect.so when you do get bored lay of it a while and im sure you miss it in a few days and want to go back to it.

By the the way WELCOME the the GREAT WEBSITE

Olli_Moriturus
Mortal
posted 31 March 2005 05:36 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Can't you make a scenario, save it, and continue it the next time?
bcewwecb
Mortal
posted 31 March 2005 07:01 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
yes i save itandstuff its just that I eventully get bored of making the scenario and make a new one, so I never actually finish anything. Also while making a scenario i can never get myself focuson it, i just usually get distracted by something else...
NORSE_RULE
Mortal
posted 09 April 2005 01:57 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Plan ahead what you're going to do, then sit down and say to yourself i'm going to finish this. When you plan ahead do what i do wright down exactly what you're going to make so you don't get carried away.
ADM
Mortal
posted 10 April 2005 01:37 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Can you make the land flat without going over it all and make it elavated?
SpadedAce
Mortal
posted 10 April 2005 09:26 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Yes. One of the bars has Map Elevation. Just press move map down a couple of time and press apply and then repeat until ur ok with it

SpadedAce

"I bought some batteries, but they weren't included, so I had to buy them again."
"I installed a skylight in my apartment.The people who live above me are furious."
"If you were going to shoot a mime would you use a silencer?"
"I spilled spot remover on my dog and now he's gone!"
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames