You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.18 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Experts chat room help????? lack of help
Bottom
Topic Subject:Experts chat room help????? lack of help
WolfLord_Hawk
Mortal
posted 05 April 2005 10:24 PM EDT (US)         
Once again I go to the expert room to ask a question and am again called a noob,rook and idiot. What is up with you exoerts that can't asnwer a simple question ? By the way I have played over 1600 games.
AuthorReplies:
Centurion_13
Mortal
posted 05 April 2005 10:34 PM EDT (US)     1 / 18       
well some experts tend to think they are generaly superior to everyone else and sometimes people pretend to be experts.
lokiman859
Mortal
posted 06 April 2005 03:05 AM EDT (US)     2 / 18       
And some of these 'experts' only have a rating of 1500 and get owned by an easy com....

lokiman859
Member of the Werewolf Clan
'I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.'
twobeardII
Mortal
posted 06 April 2005 05:04 AM EDT (US)     3 / 18       
try to ask the question here in the forum and if you want help from an expert then ask for rating too.

What was the question btw

X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T
Banned
posted 06 April 2005 06:23 AM EDT (US)     4 / 18       
Oh so if are the kind of person that does this in chat like all the others:

HELP ME PLS!!!!HELP ME PLS!!!!HELP ME PLS!!!!
etc...

Then I hope you do get told to leave lol. No experts here so I doubt you'll get an answer, but Im always in that chat and I dont like it when 1600-s join and start spamming text.

If you realy asked for help decently and politly well then I dont see why they would of refused to help you, but for getting someone to help you, its better to host a game asking for help because that way the people that WANT to help will join and the others have nothing to complain about (I always join the people that host games and ask for help, when I see them and so do lots of others).

[This message has been edited by X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T (edited 04-06-2005 @ 08:41 PM).]

Mooocow
Mortal
posted 06 April 2005 07:46 PM EDT (US)     5 / 18       
x2c ur an idiot. i have only played about 500 games but my rating has been 1650 and down again when i didnt play for a while. Its happened to me too that i went into the chatroom and asked somthing about making a scenario and one guy said i should press alt+f4 and then everyone started laughing and calling me a noob. i hardly ever make scenarios other than my fabled cats n' mices, so leave ppl alone.

Brother, spoke the four as one, togther we shall rule, surrender to the darkness within you heart you know holds true. In his hand the sword of Khaine did promise power untold, As god of light and god of murder did battle for his soul.One by one the deamons fell and elf lord he stood tall, for should he fail upon his task then mortal world would fall. To this day we bow our heads to he the world did save, Anerion the proud defender, Anerion the ever brave.

Pug
Mortal
posted 06 April 2005 08:34 PM EDT (US)     6 / 18       
Think of it this way. If you seen a group of strangers would you just go up and blurt out a question like that? No, you say hi, get in the convo a bit then ask. Maybe it was your tact.
But they dont have to be idiots either. Keep in mind, many of these people are not even teenagers yet.

And Mooocow, no need to call anyone an idiot here. X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T is a good contributor here and Ive never seen you here.

X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T
Banned
posted 06 April 2005 08:34 PM EDT (US)     7 / 18       
Lol no problem asking help but most of the time people dont 'ask' for help they spam it all over which caused a general hate from people in that chat asking for help, I said why people act like that, didnt realy aproove it or complain about it so whats wrong???

Experts dont play scenarios so I guess thats why you got that kind of response, but please dont generalize about the whole bunch of experts being jerks because ONE person acted like that to you.

pug: you actualy wrote my whole nick, thats a first usualy its something like X2C_41ntalsjdlfkja ^^

Btw what was your question?

[This message has been edited by X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T (edited 04-06-2005 @ 08:42 PM).]

Pug
Mortal
posted 06 April 2005 09:37 PM EDT (US)     8 / 18       
copy and paste. lol
TheMartian
Mortal
posted 06 April 2005 10:58 PM EDT (US)     9 / 18       
Worlord... I would suggest posting your request here, be as specific as possible. Guys like Pug and Shiva have been very helpful to me at least.
THE_champion95
Mortal
posted 07 April 2005 12:50 PM EDT (US)     10 / 18       

Quote:

Experts dont play scenarios so I guess thats why you got that kind of response, but please dont generalize about the whole bunch of experts being jerks because ONE person acted like that to you.

im sorry x2c but a lot of experts are cocky idiots. There not all like that e.g. GP and quite a few others, but they are unhelpful and they do call people noobs who are asking simple questions. I understand what you mean with people who spam HELP PLS in caps lock tho lol.

supporter of Crystal Palace Football club
Leader of The VnX clan!

ESO Name: Rulezzz
SilverOsirisAOM
Mortal
posted 07 April 2005 06:09 PM EDT (US)     11 / 18       
Hah I always flame the people there

I told you I'd be back.
X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T
Banned
posted 07 April 2005 07:18 PM EDT (US)     12 / 18       
What do you mean by lot of the experts, theres less than 10 EXPERTS currently playing so this post is probably aimed towards people in expert CHAT which can be anyone over 1800 and people 1800+ are WAY more mature than the 1600-s that will just keep 'yelling' at you 5 mins after your out of the chat after a game where you win.

ex scenario

me: gg
noob:stfu I had no chance
me: ok
noob:you idiot I said stfu
me: WO DI DO
noob:%#*@ #%(#* *($*$ you $*#%*
me: ok let me go laugh this off now, bye
noob:&%*% all u did was call my villagers!!! I said no attacking before 1 hour!!!! u noob *%$~

won a big 0.1 points for the rated game vs a noob because of the system expanding too far (6am) and having to track down his villagers that hes hiding everywhere...

1800s almost always say gg and if they didnt like it they just leave. BIG difference I find lol.

(when the noob doesnt flame me I usualy try to help him out)

[This message has been edited by X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T (edited 04-07-2005 @ 09:07 PM).]

LoH_Silk
Mortal
posted 07 April 2005 07:42 PM EDT (US)     13 / 18       
First of all, the expert chat room is not a place to ask questions in. If you need help, I would suggest using forums such as these, or for a more expert crowd Age of Titans Sanctuary. I can answer most questions--I wrote a strategy guide to AoT. If I and the other forummers can't help, Tri_T on AoTS runs a nice "ask the experts" thread.

" I didn't particularly feel like being arrested, so I argued with the soldiers a bit. Several of them died during the argument - those things happen once in a while. Unfortunately, one of the casualties was Taur Urgas' oldest son. The king of the Murgos took it personally. He's very narrow-minded sometimes. "

" Usually, when I need a boat, I steal one. Using one of my own seems immoral somehow. "

THE_champion95
Mortal
posted 08 April 2005 06:29 PM EDT (US)     14 / 18       

Quote:

me: gg
noob:stfu I had no chance
me: ok
noob:you idiot I said stfu
me: WO DI DO
noob:%#*@ #%(#* *($*$ you $*#%*
me: ok let me go laugh this off now, bye
noob:&%*% all u did was call my villagers!!! I said no attacking before 1 hour!!!! u noob *%$~

noobs dont even know what "stfu" means. I know 1800s say gg. They say gg noob lol. Anyway a lot of experts are arrogant and unhelpful towards new players. When I say experts i dont mean 1800 players i mean regular 1850s who have broken 1900. Also your saying that 1600s are "less mature" than most 1800s. Its not your rating that makes you mature its to do with age and personality.

supporter of Crystal Palace Football club
Leader of The VnX clan!

ESO Name: Rulezzz

[This message has been edited by THE_champion95 (edited 04-08-2005 @ 06:31 PM).]

X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T
Banned
posted 08 April 2005 06:49 PM EDT (US)     15 / 18       
Yes but when 7 year olds get this game (probably a present) they dont make it to 1800+ and stay in the 'noob level' where they complain after each loss and crap.
LoH_Silk
Mortal
posted 09 April 2005 02:31 PM EDT (US)     16 / 18       
I have noticed that many "experts" are more mature, simply because it takes age and skill to get that far up. The only expert under 15 that I know of is p3n, and I'm not sure how old he is now.

" I didn't particularly feel like being arrested, so I argued with the soldiers a bit. Several of them died during the argument - those things happen once in a while. Unfortunately, one of the casualties was Taur Urgas' oldest son. The king of the Murgos took it personally. He's very narrow-minded sometimes. "

" Usually, when I need a boat, I steal one. Using one of my own seems immoral somehow. "

Mighty Noldor
Mortal
posted 09 April 2005 08:37 PM EDT (US)     17 / 18       

The fact that I don't know what the "stfu" abbreviation means i'm a noob? Interesting...
Maybe you guys have ever heard that people whose main language ISN'T english might be confused with the strange habit americans have to abbreviate every single word???
I'm Brazilian, speak a rough english, and slowly took knowledge of the abbreviations, since there was few efforts on explaining most of them.
Also, about players' maturity and rating, really i think most 1700 players are mature. But this should not be made rule. I'm currectly 21 years old, my rating online is crap (1560 I think - coz I started the game already playing online and don't played online on last 4 months) but I NEVER lose my head when facing losses. I always abstract something from every loss or won. And congratulate the winner with another GG, coz you must admit that he played beter than you if he won.
AoM is a good way to have fun for me. If you are not having fun while playing AoM, just do another thing: This game shouldn't be for you.

"Let me hear the batlle cry, Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly, Before the storm begins
Let me feel the spirits soar, Destroy the enemy
Striking at the evil core, For all the world to see"
Judas Priest - One Shot at Glory
TOAO_Power
Mortal
posted 09 April 2005 08:51 PM EDT (US)     18 / 18       
Expert chat are all Supremacy players. ES REALLY should have put in a scenerio chat.(Someone PM D4ku^^). They only like an occasional bloodsport, but hate scenarios. You'll find more help In one of the general chats. Also, only ask once, X2C was right, people that come in and ask a question 4 times in2 seconds will not get help. If it isn't answered the first time, its not going to be answered. Alot of experts hate noobie players because they always ask them for free training.

EDIT: P3n is 14. A kid I know is 1950 at AoC, he is 14 now, was 11-12 when he got that.

[This message has been edited by TOAO_Power (edited 04-09-2005 @ 08:53 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames