You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » How do I change the default music for multiplayer maps
Bottom
Topic Subject:How do I change the default music for multiplayer maps
mconsadori
Mortal
posted 09 April 2005 03:46 AM EDT (US)         
I am editing this post because I just figured out how to make custom music for Multiplayer games.

But now I have a different problem...

I have replaced all the mp3 files in the SOUNDS folder with my own custom mp3s...I renamed them to match the old file names.

This works great for playing Single or Multiplayer games using the Random Maps.

But if I try to play a Scenario that I created, I get no music at all.

Is there a way to apply my custom music to my Scenario?

The strange thing is that I remember hearing the default music when I played my scenario in the past...so I thought Scenarios took their music from the same SOUNDS folder as the Random Maps.

Do I need to put the sound files somewhere else?

Do I need to do something in the Scenario Editor?

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by mconsadori (edited 04-09-2005 @ 04:34 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
polydeuces
Mortal
posted 09 April 2005 06:27 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
If you're playing the scenario through the 'play test' option, you won't get any music until you attack something (a migdol for example- anything that results in battle music.)

Also, if you want a specific track to play at a certain time, there is a lay music trigger you an use.

Hope that helps

TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 09 April 2005 11:43 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5       

Quote:

Is there a way to apply my custom music to my Scenario?

Iirc, there's a trigger to set what music is playing...

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
mconsadori
Mortal
posted 09 April 2005 02:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Polydeuces:

Actually I get no music when play testing AND when playing a regular single or multiplayer game on my custom Scenario.

Which is strange, because I could have sworn there used to be music in there before I started changing the files.

I even tried putting all the default music files back where they belong, and it won't play music!

mconsadori
Mortal
posted 09 April 2005 02:34 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Shadow:

What is Iirc?

As for triggers, I have never used them, but I will see what I can learn about using them.

Thanks!

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 09 April 2005 11:01 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Iirc: one of numerous annoying internet acronyms. Stands for if I recall correctly.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames