You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » How do you "sell" a building?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How do you "sell" a building?
kylim
Mortal
posted 28 April 2005 03:12 AM EDT (US)         
Just wondering... how do you sell a building? Once you construct something, does it mean it'll be there forever or wait for an enemy to destroy it? Can I "sell" it? Thanks...
AuthorReplies:
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 28 April 2005 06:24 AM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
You can't sell buildings. If you want to get rid of them, press the delete key, same as you use to kill your own units.

Voila, no building.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
Pug
Mortal
posted 28 April 2005 07:21 AM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
you wont get your resources back, but if the building is not completed and you delete it you will get the unused resources back
Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 28 April 2005 08:34 AM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
Just make sure that you don't delete your buildings if you don't want them anymore. They serve the purpose of just..being there.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
richygorgan
Mortal
posted 28 April 2005 11:24 AM EDT (US)     4 / 16       

Quote:

you wont get your resources back, but if the building is not completed and you delete it you will get the unused resources back

REally i never knew.. cool
kylim
Mortal
posted 28 April 2005 12:05 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16       
Thanks a lot man. The reason why I want to know is because I've found it really annoying that I can't get rid of my buildings. My brother even had an axe thrower who was stuck between four houses! =) Of course, he was happily axe throwing at... well, pretty much nothing! =) Thanks again for the replies...
Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 28 April 2005 03:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
NEVER delete buildings, unless you drastically need the room (which you never should). They provide free LOS. This goes for gather sites, as they can provide LOS in the middle of the map (if you are gathering in the middle). Plus, you spent the gold/wood to build it. Why not keep it. It may come in handy later.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
lokiman859
Mortal
posted 28 April 2005 03:27 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
What happens if a unhelpful building is in a place where:

1. It is a tight area and it is stopping troops moving through quickly?

2.Its along a villager drop-off route and is blocking the villagers walking?

3.Its at a strategic point, and if it was removed, a hill fort/fortress/migdol/palace could be placed?

Its not always a good idea to keep a building if its doing one of the three things above.

lokiman859
Member of the Werewolf Clan
'I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.'

[This message has been edited by lokiman859 (edited 04-30-2005 @ 05:02 AM).]

mzhaO
Mortal
posted 28 April 2005 05:22 PM EDT (US)     8 / 16       
True. Smart deletion of buildings may pay off just as well as keeping them.

One advantage to keeping buildings a bit ahead of your base(s) is that your enemy will usually go for them first.

/mzhao
Pug
Mortal
posted 28 April 2005 06:19 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
also if an ally has been defeated you can then delete all his stuff at will too.
SpadedAce
Mortal
posted 28 April 2005 08:55 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
Well, you really shouldn't unless you want thier space. They're towers still fire I think, so you build your own base in it with basically free towers, but this is only in a case where he resigns and his buildings stay, also, your enemy might also go there and waste time.

SpadedAce

"I bought some batteries, but they weren't included, so I had to buy them again."
"I installed a skylight in my apartment.The people who live above me are furious."
"If you were going to shoot a mime would you use a silencer?"
"I spilled spot remover on my dog and now he's gone!"
Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 28 April 2005 09:21 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16       

Quote:

What happens if a unhelpful building is in a place where:
1. It is a tight area and it is stopping troops moving through quickly?

2.Its along a villager drop-off route and is blocking the villagers walking?

3.Its at a strategic point, and if it was removed, a hill fort/fortress/migdol could be placed?

Its not always a good idea to keep a building if its doing one of the three things above.

True.... Sorry about forgeting that some people here have no commen sense whatsoever.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
kylim
Mortal
posted 30 April 2005 04:49 AM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
Thanks for the heads up. Yeah I do find it useful to have "abandoned" buildings before my bases. Gives me LOS and a little bit of time to prepare for an attack. Also distracts them a little (some units may have navigation problems when trying to move around them).

I've also found that there's a certain amount of psychology involved with having small gaps between a line of buildings as compared to a complete wall -- if you have units that are attacking from a range and the opponent is trying to come into your base, most of the time they'll try to sneak into the gap, then find that it's kinda narrow and have navigation issues, then decide to smack the buildings. Gives you loads of time to shower them with arrows... =)

Thanks for the replies... appreciate it.

Orion_Zorn
Mortal
posted 01 May 2005 09:14 AM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
You dont get all the resources back when you delete a building, just a portion of them. I think that was changed in the last vanilla patch, or maybe just with TT when it came out...

early vanilla days tho, you got them all back, so it was always better to try building something in a forward spot. now at least there is some repurcussion to being risky...

Proud Member of the Orion Clan
Its not a noobish feature. Many experts use it(josey_wales is 1 that comes to mind right now). I like using it. - NIB on Autoqueue

ESO Rate

sychronizer123
Banned
posted 02 May 2005 00:22 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
Did you play Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun before? In that game you can sell buildings. (It's basically dead now.)
Hikari
Mortal
(id: echowinds)
posted 02 May 2005 05:50 AM EDT (US)     15 / 16       
All C&C games have that option.

Tinus
Mortal
posted 05 May 2005 05:41 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
Except Renegade! Srry i just got to say that :P

I'm within your soul Destroying you from within
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register