You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Strategy Section Dead?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Strategy Section Dead?
BARNEY_HATER
Mortal
posted 29 April 2005 01:03 PM EDT (US)         
Well it seems that recently the general chat and strategy chat have died down. The strategy section is completely dead. Not a single thread in like a month. The general chat has also died down quite a bit. You used to post something and 2-3 days later it would be on the next page. Now you can post something and it will still be on that page a week later. So, I just wanted to know, what happened? Why has everything died down around here?

A wise man speaks because he something to say.
A foolish man speaks because he has to say something.
~~~>BARNEY_HATER<~~~
AuthorReplies:
lokiman859
Mortal
posted 29 April 2005 01:21 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
I can give you one reason, With the arrival of AOE3, there will be less talk here then there is now. Most people (even though I love AOM so much) will be playing and posting on AOE3. Its sad but it happens.

lokiman859
Member of the Werewolf Clan
'I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.'
Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 29 April 2005 04:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
That's the way it works when most games age. Unfortunate, but that's what one can expect when a game loses its potential audience.

It's really curious though how the AoKH (and AoMH) scenario design community are still flourishing - tighter nit group and all.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
raccoonlord
Mortal
posted 29 April 2005 05:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
Then they need to come out with an expansion to aom. But yeha your rgiht. Ever been to the aow forum? Ghost town.

" I must be the only guy to sig himself"- raccoonlord
"Ok fine, I'll admit it. Natalina makes me so horny. I can't stop thinking about her pre-developed breasts. I want to be her love slave and have her beat me and call me "dirty american" and make me redistribute my wealth to coke addicts who don't diserve it."- Kman
"Raccoonlord was hailed forever. De and."- King of England
X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T
Banned
posted 29 April 2005 06:10 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Lol am I misreading or did you say aom needs an expansion? I aggree it does need a good expansion tho but it already has a bad one.
raccoonlord
Mortal
posted 29 April 2005 06:30 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
Yeha what I ment was a new one. The othone sucked. Like why the hell would you make up a mythology thtas part of a real mythology when there are so many great real ones left to do. Like the japanese or aztecs. I wanna see the aztecs.

" I must be the only guy to sig himself"- raccoonlord
"Ok fine, I'll admit it. Natalina makes me so horny. I can't stop thinking about her pre-developed breasts. I want to be her love slave and have her beat me and call me "dirty american" and make me redistribute my wealth to coke addicts who don't diserve it."- Kman
"Raccoonlord was hailed forever. De and."- King of England
Mighty Noldor
Mortal
posted 05 May 2005 02:27 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12       

Most times you dislike something you can even say it's bad, but you should state that's your opinion ("IMO"). I, for instance, am a great fan of Odin and norse raiding, but play mostly TT. If it's difficult to raid on TT and the norse are nerfed, how do you think i'll do on a game where the norse rules and raiding is almost OP?
TT expansion IS GOOD in MY opinion.
Free and cheaper MUs, AQ are useful additions to the game. I dislike Atlants, but, hey! The norse, Greek and Eggy are still there!
You can stay on vanilla, but, please, respect those that like the expansion.

"Let me hear the batlle cry, Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly, Before the storm begins
Let me feel the spirits soar, Destroy the enemy
Striking at the evil core, For all the world to see"
Judas Priest - One Shot at Glory
cake0792
Mortal
posted 05 May 2005 06:46 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
[cough]X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T[/cough]

¸ ¸ ¸ ¸ ¸ ¸
| | | | | |
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
mmm.... cake....
sychronizer123
Banned
posted 06 May 2005 07:35 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
General secton is dead.
Sunshine
Banned
posted 06 May 2005 08:00 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
Dry, but not dead.

Most of the reasons behind it are subjective: some people don't like the game anymore, some people don't like the community, others have moved onto another "Age of" game, or even the likelihood that most AoM players these days tend to play single player and have no need to join messageboards. Whether it's any reason listed above, or another, the entire AoM community is feeling it. There are less clans with less members, fewer forumers in all AoM fansites, fewer players, and less incentive to join the community.

What is the concern, perhaps, is the extent to which the AoM community is being effected by it. While the communities for most games dwindle away until a few hardcore people remain, it would almost seem as though AoM wasn't that big of an online game in the first place. It's a great game, yet it would seem most players prefer to remain offline or outside the community as a whole.

[This message has been edited by Angel Sunny (edited 05-06-2005 @ 08:01 PM).]

sychronizer123
Banned
posted 06 May 2005 10:37 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
I recently check. How come aok heaven is kinda more active than our forum? Maybe is because we have two. GD and SD.
Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 07 May 2005 10:36 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
We've been discussing the same in our Staff forums, btw. You may soon see changes around here.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
Jo93
Mortal
posted 09 May 2005 01:50 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
OK... you guys think the strat/ genral section is dead! You should take look at the DM section!

Returned to AoM after about 4 years
Strictly vanilla player... only..
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames