You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Even More Intresting Info!!!!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Even More Intresting Info!!!!!
FrostGiant
Mortal
posted 29 April 2005 02:36 PM EDT (US)         
Hey Guys,

Just when you tought I had uncovered all the 'lost' MUs and little secrets of AoM, I do something that even surprises me......I find more. What this time? Well, some info on a current unit, that had a little change, and even bigger than that (and something even more exciting), a NEW UNIT!!!! That's right another 'lost' MU to add to the collection. But first that current MU that under went a little change:

ROC:

It seems Harpy isn't the only ex-MU to be banished to a life as a map extra! What am I talking about?? Well, Roc wasn't always an eagle. Some may have remebered seeing Roc, rather receintely,depicted as an Egyptian vulture? This image was posted on ES website about a month before the Titan x-pack was released, making me think that Roc had a make over, but not so. The Egyptian vulture that flies around the desert maps is the old Roc. Have a look at his back, he still has the colour patch for the player colours. Also, he has identical shaped and positioned feet, to hold the basket. He is also an extremely detailed unit for a small unit and is able to be blow up, easily to Roc's size. So that's what happened to the old Roc. ES seem great at recycling their reject material!

Now one to the good stuff...but unfortunalty, this unit has me stumped! So any help or extra info that could be given would be much appreciated by me and the rest of the forum. If we have a mass discussion about it, we may just figure out just what this unit did:

GOLEM:

Yet again, another greek myth unit. I found a texture file and an animation file for it. It is a big stone creature, but I can't make head or tail(literally) of the texture. Here it is below:

After researching Golem's on the net, I only found out that they were Stone Giant's carved by people that were slaves. It mentioned them in Greek/Roman and Jewish mythology, but both descriptions varied.

I thought it might have gathered resources, but no. After looking at the animation file this unit only attacked, so ES didn't take it from a slave point of view. It had no special attack, well not at that point anyway. It was finilised just weeks beofre AoM went to shelves??? Why did we never hear or see of it and why was it removed so late in the game??? Any info you guys have would be great. Let's try an solve this one!

That's all for now!

[This message has been edited by FrostGiant (edited 04-29-2005 @ 02:42 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
xentelian
Mortal
posted 29 April 2005 02:45 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
I liked the texture so much as to use it for Fire Giant when he gets Hel's Granite Blood upgrade in my mod pack.
TOAO_Power
Mortal
posted 29 April 2005 08:49 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Isn't Golem a pokemon?
rampagingturtle8
Mortal
posted 29 April 2005 11:05 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
no the yellow rat is though. i might be wrong.

Yes, I do suck.
I am 12 and proud
I'm not colorblind,I like odd colors. Can you read this? You rock if you can
[This message has been edited by Your_Mom (edited last time she spent the night at 03:34).]
CaveTown
Immortal
posted 30 April 2005 01:45 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
Golem is a pokemon, but a golem is an ancient mythic creature thats made of rock, or granite type stuff.

Former level designer at Reverie World Studios.
I still do some levels for fun, though!
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 04 May 2005 07:45 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       

Quote:

It was finilised just weeks beofre AoM went to shelves??? Why did we never hear or see of it and why was it removed so late in the game???

The Golem was actually mentioned very early in AoM's development, and never again afterwards. I didn't know there were any surviving resources in the game files.

I think it's more likely the resource files were simply last modified recently before AoM's release.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
Stormboy
Mortal
posted 04 May 2005 11:52 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Golem concept art:

There's more original concept art still up at Microsoft Games Studio's AoM site.
FrostGiant
Mortal
posted 04 May 2005 11:08 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Hey Guys,

Stay tuned, there's more info coming in the next few days!

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames