You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Just out of interest...
Bottom
Topic Subject:Just out of interest...
Jo93
Mortal
posted 01 May 2005 05:14 AM EDT (US)         
Just out of interest I was wondering what the computers rating would roughly be on: easy moderate hard and titan? Also is it stronger on rusher or boomer, is it better at Supremacy or DM and, does it depend on how powerful your computer is?

[This message has been edited by jo93 (edited 05-01-2005 @ 05:20 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Thebean
Mortal
posted 01 May 2005 05:50 AM EDT (US)     1 / 14       
Haha, no, it won't make a difference how good your computer is. I guess it's strong on all styles as well.

Meteora is a pissy bitch

Dio is Trentin Anthony Tracanna
Rookierookie
Banned
posted 01 May 2005 06:51 AM EDT (US)     2 / 14       
Around 1300-1400.
X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T
Banned
posted 01 May 2005 07:50 AM EDT (US)     3 / 14       
Easy is too low to give a rate because even a 1200 would attack after 5 hours...

Moderate 1500

Hard 1600

Titans 1700

Thats if you dont abuse their sucky ai scripting, which is pretty hard since they are very stupid...

Rookierookie
Banned
posted 01 May 2005 08:55 AM EDT (US)     4 / 14       
Titan is 1500 at best. Hard would be struggling to get 1400.

That is, if we are talking about TT. In vanilla, increase the above ratings by 50-100.

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 05-01-2005 @ 08:57 AM).]

Jet_Set_Jim
Mortal
posted 01 May 2005 09:11 AM EDT (US)     5 / 14       

Quote:

Titan is 1500 at best.

I don't agree. Sure, if you've played the Titan level AI plenty of times, you can abuse its quirks. However if you're going against it 'fresh', and slugging it out toe to toe, it's a lot better than 1500.

I'd say it's about 1700... I can beat it, but not easily, without abusing its predictability.

Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 01 May 2005 09:55 AM EDT (US)     6 / 14       

Quote:

Sure, if you've played the Titan level AI plenty of times, you can abuse its quirks. However if you're going against it 'fresh', and slugging it out toe to toe, it's a lot better than 1500.

I'd say it's about 1700... I can beat it, but not easily, without abusing its predictability.

If you play against a player who can barely push 1650, you'll find that he often tries the same moves over and over again. If you let the 1650 player build up for 10 minutes of the game, you'll find that he plays very well - as does the Titan.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T
Banned
posted 01 May 2005 10:16 AM EDT (US)     7 / 14       
I mean in a normal game cause I just realy find they suck unless you realy dont abuse them which is hard since they do stupid things so easily. A total noob can beat a titan easily but they all do the same walling strat on jotunheim map... so they need to be 3 spamming walls and then attack after 1 hour if they rnt dead yet. Every once in a while I join one of those games and tell them not to build walls and try to rush and I show them vs one titan they they suck so they can do that next time instead of booming behind walls...

[This message has been edited by X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T (edited 05-01-2005 @ 10:17 AM).]

Jo93
Mortal
posted 01 May 2005 12:31 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14       
I think that the computer is best at econ management and therefore booming, but we are better at rushing as we can simply follow a script witha few changes and the attack will be as good evry time. I am mainly a DM player and I think the computer is equal in both games. Computers best civ has to be Isis, well definately eggy.

Returned to AoM after about 4 years
Strictly vanilla player... only..
X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T
Banned
posted 01 May 2005 02:28 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14       
Even when I was a total noob like 1 week into online play I could beat 2 titans in dm because there they suck even more, I use to make 10(in dm that sux!!!) barracks and just make ulfsarks and win with loki vs 2 anytime...
cake0792
Mortal
posted 01 May 2005 04:07 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14       
Titan is 1500 at best. Hard would be struggling to get 1400.

Hard is much more difficult than the two 1400's I faced when i self rated. and I have beaten 1500s, which are easier than titan (who i have yet to beat)

¸ ¸ ¸ ¸ ¸ ¸
| | | | | |
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
mmm.... cake....
Jo93
Mortal
posted 02 May 2005 10:40 AM EDT (US)     11 / 14       
This seems quite a hard topic to agree on, lowest I've heard has been 1300, yet some think it's 1700. I suppose it depends really, and anyway it doesn't matter. The compuer is as good as it is.

Returned to AoM after about 4 years
Strictly vanilla player... only..
Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 03 May 2005 08:59 PM EDT (US)     12 / 14       
Hard seems like an easy comp now. I cannot actually beat a titan comp on a 1v1, however that is because I do not abuse computers weaknesses in any way.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
Rookierookie
Banned
posted 04 May 2005 04:54 AM EDT (US)     13 / 14       
I could completely slaughter Hard, and I never got above 1650 in vanilla or 1450 in Titans.

The computer is totally incapable of fending for itself before 15 minutes.

TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 04 May 2005 07:52 AM EDT (US)     14 / 14       
I think the mere fact that one can intentionally ruin an AI's performance indicates they're no indication of skill.

Against the Titan AI, for instance, you can merely send one unit over to the enemy base straight away. When a villager goes to build a temple, you attack it. The villie stops building the temple, the temple vanishes, and the villie either runs away or fights back. Repeat, and the Titan AI is never going to advance an age.

Heh.

However, screws aside, AI's are no good at indicating how humans play. They don't think, for starters. This means there is no skill involved in predicting what they are doing, and trying to fool them into not knowing where you plan to attack. An AI functions exactly the same no matter what. AI's can't use dedicated strategies based on what map they're on or what civ they're against. Etc...

TheShĉdĝwDċwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames