You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies, Closed
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Remember AoM?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Remember AoM?
Dax105
Mortal
posted 02 May 2005 09:51 PM EDT (US)         
Does any remotely recognizable user here even play AoM anymore? I stopped playing a while back. I always thought about reinstalling the game, but I could never bring myself to it. Everyone has either moved to AoTS or are drooling over AoE3.

Even the news has dried up, only GP seems to be puttin effort into keeping the world informed. The mods, eh, they have AoE3H to attend to. Not that they can blamed.

I'm thinking about putting the CD back in, anyone have any inspirational words of glory they'd like to share to remind everyone how great AoM is?

AuthorReplies:
GreenLiquid
Mortal
(id: gummyWorm)
posted 02 May 2005 09:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
I still play all the time. Roughly 1 hour a day or more.
X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T
Banned
posted 02 May 2005 09:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
Lol aom rocks and LOTS of people still play it. Everyone that got fed up of aot (hard to blame them) switched to aom and now aom is back up and running. We even got rates to go up higher (2150 hadnt been seen in a long time) and theres lots more activity in the higher rates. The game is way more balanced to, no atlanteans and isis isnt op there. People in general are nicer and dont spam owned after tower spamming you + titan gate and instead say gg. People that played aom just once after getting fed up of aot 3 times on 4 said WOW why the hell did I waste all this time on titans asking for patches well I could of just returned to the good old days easily.
cake0792
Mortal
posted 03 May 2005 06:17 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
[/TTbashing]

sorry I think it is dumb how whenever he can he goes and bashes The Titans, when he could just say he uses vanilla, not saying bad qualities of TT

¸ ¸ ¸ ¸ ¸ ¸
| | | | | |
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
mmm.... cake....
X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T
Banned
posted 03 May 2005 06:32 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Ok play the game that you have fun playing but in general people dont play titans for fun they play it because they CANT play vanilla^^
cake0792
Mortal
posted 03 May 2005 06:59 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
No, I prefer Vanilla, but don't say "TT sucks!" "AQ is lame" "lame atty" etc.

¸ ¸ ¸ ¸ ¸ ¸
| | | | | |
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
mmm.... cake....
X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T
Banned
posted 03 May 2005 07:13 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
I kind of said 1 of those 3 ^^ I was actualy trying to say it nicely but its hard when I hear so often people say "atleanteans are lame, isis is op and titans SUCK" and just keep complaining for patches, well they could simply return to the good ol' aom.
Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 03 May 2005 08:58 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
Meh I got bored, no one had beaten me in a few months. After a BIG winning streak I retired for a little while due to boredom. I still play a game a week or less.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 03 May 2005 11:58 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
I came back to AoM:TT for a short period of time to get in touch with my hoplite raiding buddy, watching replays - and proving that I can play Odin in DM.

Suffice it to say that I had lost my speed, but I got it back later on. What was really funny is that, seeing that I have been playing Rome: Total War alot was trying to charge the hypaspists' rear, wondering why I couldn't rout the enemy.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok
U977
Mortal
posted 04 May 2005 01:57 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T,

Maybe you got fed up of ppl complaining about Isis being OP or Atties being lame, but many people play TT, and personally, I am fed up to hear you bashing TT like that.

Quoted from X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T:

Ok play the game that you have fun playing but in general people dont play titans for fun they play it because they CANT play vanilla^^

Man, you deserve a slap in your face. You try to place yourself above all TT players, by saying that TT players CANT play vanilla? That's agressive, and not true.
I feel tempted to reply in an offending way similar to yoru reply, but I'll stop there to avoid teh thing to trun into flame war.

But please learn the meaning of RESPECT.

U977
Mortal
posted 04 May 2005 02:01 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
By the way, X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T, please tell me why you that web site in your signature.

See what was on that web site: a nice collection of malwares automatically installing in IE using vulnerabilities.
http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/googkle.shtml

The web site is now down, thanks to legal actions, I imagine.

But now I ask you: did you find it funny to attract people there?

[This message has been edited by U977 (edited 05-04-2005 @ 02:15 AM).]

X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T
Banned
posted 04 May 2005 06:39 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
Ok im sorry ill stop bashing on titans even tho I hate it, I often get pissed off at a stupid topic at aotsanctuary then come here to see something like this I cant stop myself.

Oh and it says WORST typo ever not click here. If its the WORST EVER why would someone say oh that looks fun?

[This message has been edited by X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T (edited 05-04-2005 @ 06:40 AM).]

DarkKnight_
Mortal
(id: PW_DarkKnight)
posted 04 May 2005 11:47 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
X2C, get the link out of your sig. If you ever link to something like that again, you're banned. Never post something that will harm other people's computers, that's common sense.

Considering this thread is nothing but arguing, post closed.

DK

[This message has been edited by PW DarkKnight (edited 05-04-2005 @ 11:48 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames