You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Medit Map + Egypt Balista Towers
Bottom
Topic Subject:Medit Map + Egypt Balista Towers
shumbalumba
Mortal
posted 04 May 2005 04:02 PM EDT (US)         
I was playing a 3v3v3 on the medit map... After having most of my base destroyed by another player I loaded everything up in rocs that I could, relocated to the center island, and proceded to build a wonder and balista towers. My wonder would eventually be destroyed before it could be completed, but I managed to surround the entire island with balista towers. My opponent ended up sending at least 150 ships to attempt to finish me off but he was unsuccessful, and resigned. After he left the game I was able to move back to the main land and win the game. This is the strangest win I have ever had! I was the underdog, had no military left other than a few chariots and elephants, and yet I was able to fend off the enemy with balista towers. They are insanely powerful and are a good way to regain control over a water map, no doubt about that. Granted, it was a cheap way to win, but I think it is no worse than a 5 man norse rush against villies.
AuthorReplies:
Skoobings
Mortal
posted 04 May 2005 05:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
except upgraded siege ships can take out those towers quickly and easily.
Fanatic_Kaster
Banned
posted 04 May 2005 07:13 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Yup he was a noob for not Buying Burning pitch/Hvy Siege.
Once in a FFA I got a win like that on watering hole, the one with the circular lake in the centre, I chopped my way to the water, built a dock and sent 8 Hero Citizens to clear enough room for a wonder on the other side of the lake.
The strongest player at the time was Atlantian, and only Catapults could of reached it.

shumbalumba
Mortal
posted 04 May 2005 07:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Yeah thats what I found strange about it, he was able to kill a few towers out of my range but didnt build more, or kept moving them too close to my towers.
Jo93
Mortal
posted 08 May 2005 02:56 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Evry one has a few weird games like that, don't they. There not really good games, well not in my opinion! It wasn't rated I take it! I pefer to listen to the stories of how someone won through skill, rather than luck!

Returned to AoM after about 4 years
Strictly vanilla player... only..
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames