You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » How do I find & rename the recorded game in the AoM folder
Bottom
Topic Subject:How do I find & rename the recorded game in the AoM folder
Ktlinmgorro
Mortal
posted 09 May 2005 08:33 AM EDT (US)         
I've been enjoying a lot playing this AoM gold (it cost me a few hours of sleep). I think MS and Ensemble Studios did a superb job! Having a titan can almost always let you win vs a computer at medium difficulty (never won a hard level yet, and Titan difficulty? I'll check it later). Lots of interesting possibilities. I like to record games, of course when I win. But I want to know where to find the recorded games and rename them so that they won't be deleted if they are more than 10 in the recorded games queue. I searched everywhere in the AoM folder (\savegame), and don't see any *.rcx and *.rec recorded game files. Where are these recorded games saved at? They could be coded differently, if so I can I decode them, extract them? I see that some people have uploaded their recorded games here. Just want to know how they did that. Please help. Thanks!
AuthorReplies:
petevasi
Mortal
posted 09 May 2005 10:01 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
They're stored in C:\Documents and Settings\<yourname>\My Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Savegame
This: http://software.magneticpole.com/rcxren/ is a utility to help you rename them with meaningful names.

-- http://pete.magneticpole.com/games/aom/ - Pete's AOM Pages --
Custom UI -- Detailed Tech Tables -- Recorded Game Renamer -- ESO Statistics -- Maps
Ktlinmgorro
Mortal
posted 09 May 2005 09:00 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Thanks petevasi that helps a lot, I didn't know games are saved somewhere else in the HDD. The rename tool is also useful, still have to play with it. seems like everything has to be renamed in a same format, can't rename individually. Let me play more on this rename tool.
TOAO_Power
Mortal
posted 09 May 2005 10:49 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Ah thanks pete. First time I got that it didn't work. It does now :P
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames