You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Recorded Games...
Bottom
Topic Subject:Recorded Games...
Macho Oily Man
Mortal
(id: jellybug)
posted 12 July 2005 03:38 PM EDT (US)         
I have tried to download some rec games from AoTS at My Documents/My Games/Age of Mythology/Savegame. When I went to AoM, I couldn't open it. I never found the file. Did I do something wrong? A little while ago I was able to watch rec games. What am I doing wrong?

Do you believe in destiny? That even the powers of time can be altered for a single purpose? That the luckiest man who walks upon this earth is the one who finds... true love?
AuthorReplies:
Pwned
Mortal
(id: You_Are_Pwned)
posted 12 July 2005 04:05 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
Make sure you have latest patches.

ada
MR2 Pilot
Mortal
posted 12 July 2005 04:19 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
Look at the file extension...

.REC is for AoM

.RCX is for AoM:TT

.ZIP means you have to unzip it.

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
Macho Oily Man
Mortal
posted 12 July 2005 04:28 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
I am at patch 1.10. Isn't that the latest?

All my files are .rec BTW.

Do you believe in destiny? That even the powers of time can be altered for a single purpose? That the luckiest man who walks upon this earth is the one who finds... true love?
DarkKnight_
Mortal
(id: PW_DarkKnight)
posted 12 July 2005 05:41 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
Do you have the original or the expansion? If you have the expansion, you need .rcx and they go in the My Games directory under My Documents.

DK
papaya
ಠ_ಠ
(id: X_MOSS)
posted 12 July 2005 06:02 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13       

Quote:

I am at patch 1.10

that means he has vanilla, unless he downloaded the wrong patch.

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but youíre not in the slightest
its happening now and itís always been like this.
Macho Oily Man
Mortal
posted 12 July 2005 07:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
Ya, I'm in Vanilla.

Romes Finest
Mortal
posted 13 July 2005 03:13 AM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
Re-name them.
e.g
KG_NaturePhoenix(CFNaturePhoenix)VagaNeGGy_VagaMuNiChvs_Vaga Slamer_VagaOurk_VagaKenji.rcx

Rename to: AoTs_rply_1

You see, the names are way to long

IT MEAN WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHAT DOES IT MEAN DOES IT MEAN WHAT IT DOES WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHAT DOES IT IT MEAN WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHAT DOES IT MEAN DOES IT MEAN WHAT IT DOES WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHAT DOES IT
Macho Oily Man
Mortal
posted 13 July 2005 02:47 PM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
Ill try remnaming them. But the rec games I used to have don't appear in the Recorded Games section, while they still remain in My Document/.../Savegame

xentelian
Mortal
posted 13 July 2005 03:56 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
.rec (aka vanilla age of mythology) go into
c:\program files\microsoft games\age of mythology\savegame folder
.rcx (aka titans expansion) go into
my documents\my games\age of mythology\savegame folder
DiGnItY007
Mortal
posted 13 July 2005 05:05 PM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
Try going into your "my computer" and searching the .rec files all the files on yur comp in that format should show up. Or, search for .zip files and if you recognize any of the .zip files, extract them to your savegame folder in your AoM directory. GL!

Check it out for info. on Marshall www.freewebs.com/marshall_clancheck out the forum and register if you want...i am looking for mods aswell
Macho Oily Man
Mortal
posted 13 July 2005 06:40 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
My computer is really starting to piss me off.

• I can't watch recorded games
  • Often times the screen turns blue when I play and the last sound I made repeats over and over
  • Other games I have keep freezing when the discs I have are in almost perfect condition

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just my computer?

• MR2 Pilot
    Mortal
    posted 13 July 2005 07:23 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
    ^^ Macho Oily Man

Sounds like your comp.

xentelian explained about the .rec games and where to put them. You may have placed them in the wrong folder.

If your system meets the requirements for AoM, then you may need to update your drivers and / or OS. Driver updates from the online site for your Graphics Board, and your OS from MS's update site.

Make sure you have enough space left on your hard drive and just generally clean up your system, run Disk Cleanup & Disk Defragmenter, use a spy ware removal tool to get the garbage out (like Adaware or Spybot - they're free).

The graphics problem (blue screen and freeze up) may be caused by any (or a combination) of the above.

We're not supposed to advertise here, so if you want email me for site URL's.

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
    The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
    The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
    The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
    The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
    Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
    Macho Oily Man
    Mortal
    posted 13 July 2005 07:54 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
    What am I advertising? :s

You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames