You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Yes, I know this is the wrong place...
Bottom
Topic Subject:Yes, I know this is the wrong place...
Black Hole
Mortal
posted 19 July 2005 08:10 AM EDT (US)         
Yes I know this is the wrong place to post this but for some reason I can't start a new topic in the Tech Forums so either move this to it and hope that I can post replys or something like that. Anyway, it's been like a year since I've been here and I've recently gotten back into the AoM mood but, I check and I had uninstalled my game and the expansion. I've tried installion AoM back again but it gets to 36% and says about the scenario bar being in use or something and I ignore that just to see what other problems I have, lo and behold, It also says that I have near enough all of the sound files installed etc. I know I haven't as I've checked wherever I can and have found no other AoM or TT files anyway on my Comp. Heh, so move this to the right place and hope I can reply on it and also someone help.
I'm in your debt.
Thanks.

~~~If I had been deserving of a better life I would of gotten it~~~
AuthorReplies:
X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T
Banned
posted 19 July 2005 01:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Last time I tried to install it would give all kinds of errors well installing and it wouldnt work. I fixed the problem by washing off the cd with water and some kind of cd washer that turns (sponge like) to wipe it off) but I guess you could just rince and either let it dry or wipe it off with paper towl.
Pug
Mortal
posted 19 July 2005 06:02 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
unless you manually deleted the aom root file or reformatted you still have the aom root file. Its on your hd under microsoft games. The root file is simply called aom. Delete that. Here is the default path.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology. Delete the folder called aom. Restart your machine and then try to install.
Black Hole
Mortal
posted 21 July 2005 08:00 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Deleting those files were the first thing I did, and it still does not work after I did that. Any other ideas to add to my short list?

[Edit] Dude! I just cleaned it like you said with just a little bit of water and bang! It worked, thanks alot man, I owe you one!

[Edit 2] Now the Titans won't update *sighs* It downloads the update and everything but when it goes to update the game my windows blocks it apparently because it is an unknown publisher and I cannot fix this problem to allow it to install. Anymore help this time, it used to install straight away and now it won't at all!

[This message has been edited by Black Hole (edited 07-21-2005 @ 10:03 AM).]

Pug
Mortal
posted 21 July 2005 12:28 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
have you tried to just dl the file and install in manually and not use the auto patcher?
Black Hole
Mortal
posted 22 July 2005 07:49 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Took a while to find the patch but did it and installed manually now, should work. Thanks and I'll come back and post if there are anymore problems!

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames