You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.19 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Atleantean player versus norse rush
Bottom
Topic Subject:Atleantean player versus norse rush
CoM_NiGhtMarE
Mortal
posted 09 December 2005 05:37 AM EDT (US)         
Hi there, i'm new on this forum lol ... well let's get straight to the point
I usually play with Oranos or Kronos.. my main tactic is to build a 2nd TC while advancing. I don't do this against norse cuz then they will outmass me with ease... Against norse i advance between 4.45 and 5.40... it's always too late cuz by the time i got some military (kata/turma/promethean) they always have more... just because he advances around 5 mins :C
Does any of you have some tips for me against norse... perhaps a BO or some unit tips which i should built

CoM_NiGhtMarE

Rating: 1631
Max rating : 1670
rr: 1700 +
lol

[This message has been edited by CoM_NiGhtMarE (edited 12-09-2005 @ 05:37 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 09 December 2005 06:22 AM EDT (US)     1 / 19       
Well it may sound weird but you should rush them. Especially against Norse you should Krush them( Kronos Rush). You will always win unless they start making RC. But you could still try to outmass if you raided their gold real well.
TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 09 December 2005 07:03 AM EDT (US)     2 / 19       
Com_Nightmare, maybe we could play sometime? Add TTK_GeneralNoob. Also, I agree, you must rush. I think a Krush works well at killing their forward base.

Also, I think turma are useless vs Norse, cherios will excell vs them. Though expensive yes, and Rc eats them. I think in the end, it depends on who micros the best.

[This message has been edited by TTK_GeneralNoob (edited 12-09-2005 @ 07:04 AM).]

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 09 December 2005 09:03 AM EDT (US)     3 / 19       
Early on the Turma do fine unless its RC. then you should back down off the Krush. Turma plus Promethean plus oracles will take out the ulfsarks which 90% of the players do to combat a Krush. Also Kronos is very aggresive so you might want to lay off the TC for a bit.
CoM_NiGhtMarE
Mortal
posted 09 December 2005 11:37 AM EDT (US)     4 / 19       
Yea thnx... ofcourse the krush lol ... just forgot whaha

TTK_Generalnoob alright , add com_nightmare

Cu on aom or this forum one day :P

Expect the unexpectable...
Ingame name = DoO_VonDutch / VonDutchXV
sleemie
Mortal
posted 09 December 2005 11:53 AM EDT (US)     5 / 19       
I use norse most of the time, usually Thor, and as soon as I see my opponent(s) has Oranos I make sure to get some Ulfs in the mix because from my experience when I've gone head to head with my ulfs against the turmas with similar numbers my ulfs have come out on top. Are you saying the RC are better than the ulfs against turmas? I know there's been some debate on here whether turmas are categorized as archers or cavalry, so i'm sure that would make a difference on which one is better. I would prefer going with the RC so I can focus on building them up instead of fooling with the ulfs.
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 09 December 2005 06:34 PM EDT (US)     6 / 19       
How did you come out on top with a "few" extra ulfs? I easily take care of ulfs with my small army plus it eats away your res way to quick. Yes RC are a lot beter. However if you use the Turma to raid his gold quite well- then you can outspam the RC with turma.

Also sleemie you mentioned work delay because of weather. Where do you live?

IceCreamDude
Mortal
posted 09 December 2005 08:08 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19       
nightmare u r in da same clan as me for a VERY* long time, go to da new forum and register already. go to clan list of link.
DESTROYER16
Mortal
posted 10 December 2005 02:24 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19       
hi i'm new to if you would have some more exp pleas give me some tips for a fast bildup

[This message has been edited by DESTROYER16 (edited 12-10-2005 @ 02:31 PM).]

harr
Mortal
posted 10 December 2005 02:47 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19       

Quote:

Are you saying the RC are better than the ulfs against turmas? I know there's been some debate on here whether turmas are categorized as archers or cavalry, so i'm sure that would make a difference on which one is better.

RC are much better (though ulfsarks should beat turma). Turma are archers (or more precisely counter-archers, which makes them even worse against cavalry than normal archers), there is no debate among good players as to how it should be classified. It may be a mounted unit, but it is a ranged archer counter, so it must be an archers. You can clearly see this by testing in tbe editor how both rc and ulfs do against turma. The rc come out way ontop.
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 10 December 2005 03:51 PM EDT (US)     10 / 19       
Ulfs are good to use-if your 7 min into the game. Most Norse will try to combat a classical age army with a archaic army. That wont work.

Harr you play AoE3. What do you think of it? Is it worth it?

harr
Mortal
posted 10 December 2005 04:21 PM EDT (US)     11 / 19       

Quote:

Harr you play AoE3. What do you think of it? Is it worth it?

I believe it is worth it. But that's my personal opinion, I can't guarantee that you will like it. However, I do suggest trying it. The cards add a lot of strategy to the game and natives add a lot too. But then it doesn't have things like god powers and myth units, so you could claim it isn't any better. The main reason I play it instead of aom is that it is fresh. I've had aom for ages and playing something new is more exiting. I am still to decide which of them is my favourite out of the two and I think it's such a close run thing that it will take a lot longer for me to decide.

Quote:

Ulfs are good to use-if your 7 min into the game. Most Norse will try to combat a classical age army with a archaic army. That wont work.

Ulfsarks are good to use. But rc are preferable when facing turma. Ulfsarks do have advantages which mean that I might use ulfasks in some circumstances, but if I can get rc then I will.
CoM_NiGhtMarE
Mortal
posted 13 December 2005 12:44 PM EDT (US)     12 / 19       
LOOOOOOOL
thnx anyway, playin' ISIS now

sleemie
Mortal
posted 13 December 2005 01:20 PM EDT (US)     13 / 19       
hey game a win...just now saw you post on where I live. I live in Virginia, right outside of DC. we didnt' get much snow, but it was mixed with sleet and freezing rain that day.
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 13 December 2005 06:13 PM EDT (US)     14 / 19       
Oh, I liver in Michigan so we get Lake effect all the time. That day we had 9 in. fall in 1 night
sleemie
Mortal
posted 14 December 2005 10:29 AM EDT (US)     15 / 19       
and I bet everyone had to go to work and school that day. Out here people panic so much cuz they're not really prepared for that kind of weather and schools tend to close down and business open late. It does take a lot for businesses and Gov't to actually close, though.
Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 14 December 2005 04:49 PM EDT (US)     16 / 19       
Upgrade towers and just stay within TC range early on if you can, just take a minute or two to catch up with your enemies army, norse have slow training units except for ulfs, which arrow fire will murder. The Krush works too .. but some norse players may advance right behind you and make the krush fail.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
iamyourgod
Mortal
posted 15 December 2005 00:13 AM EDT (US)     17 / 19       
thats silly, complaining about 9 inches of snow. it snows like 2 feet in some nights here in canada.

and now that were on topic... i thnk against norse you should rush them hard, if possible you should try to kill oxcarts. i know form expierence that that sucks

I love jesus,with every part of my body, does that make me gay?
TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 15 December 2005 03:47 AM EDT (US)     18 / 19       
btw. What does rr mean. =)
CoM_NiGhtMarE
Mortal
posted 15 December 2005 01:34 PM EDT (US)     19 / 19       

rr -> real rate

lol ... just went loki

You must be logged in to post messages.