You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » I love uuuuu!!!!!!!!!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:I love uuuuu!!!!!!!!!!
LC_Ushhud
Mortal
posted 10 December 2005 11:13 PM EDT (US)         
LOL!!! Now that i got ur attention... can someone plz help me on which major God is best for rushing......

Someones life was once history ---->to story ----> to legend----> to MYTH....
Our life will once be history ----> to story ----> to legend----> to MYTH...
And maybe they might make a game out of it... like Age Of Mythology (The Titans) ..... LOL

MY AOM: TT USERNAMES.... Ushhud(ALMOST NEVER), LC_Ushhud (VERY RARELY), DS_Ushhud (RARELY), KoD_Ushhud (ALWAYS)
AuthorReplies:
IceCreamDude
Mortal
posted 10 December 2005 11:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
kronos/loki
LC_Ushhud
Mortal
posted 10 December 2005 11:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
so LOKI or KRONOS........... i mostly saw posts about LOKI being a good rusher.... WOW...... so KRONOS for spamming TURMAS and LOKI for spamming hesrirs and ulfsarks in archaic???? is this correct?

And maybe they might make a game out of it... like Age Of Mythology (The Titans) ..... LOL

MY AOM: TT USERNAMES.... Ushhud(ALMOST NEVER), LC_Ushhud (VERY RARELY), DS_Ushhud (RARELY), KoD_Ushhud (ALWAYS)
mbox
Mortal
posted 10 December 2005 11:49 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
The Loki rush is a fairly fast advance, with hersir and some other unit. The other unit varies. So to answer your question, it's pretty much right, it's just in classical, not archaic.
TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 11 December 2005 01:30 AM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
Loki has good bonuses, but he is not worth playing IMO because the rest of his bonuses suck. Stick with Kronos.
Vindicated
Mortal
posted 11 December 2005 07:38 AM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
Isis , they would never expect it :P

actually as posted above Loki/Kronos would be your best choices

RudeGod
Mortal
posted 11 December 2005 10:08 AM EDT (US)     6 / 15       
Good point about Isis. Since most of the guides recommend Isis as a defensive and eco centred Goddess you can catch someone totally off guard with an Isis rush. Its done me in a number of times...

Loki isn't a poor god by any means. You just have to know how to use him effectively. While Nidhogg is a pretty poor GP, against other norse in vanilla it rocks.

LC_Ushhud
Mortal
posted 11 December 2005 12:00 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
quick question:

What does IMO stand for?

By the Way:

THX FOR THE POSTS PPL!

Strider 1
Mortal
posted 11 December 2005 12:19 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15       
IMO stands for "In my opinion".

~~ Strider s~~

There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep. - Homer

LC_Ushhud
Mortal
posted 11 December 2005 12:22 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15       
thx strider1

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 11 December 2005 02:05 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15       
I'd say Kronos because you should have the fastest advance time and the faster the adavcne the faster you fight.
AzianPhoenix
Mortal
posted 12 December 2005 10:00 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
Yeh I love you too. Was that a thread killer? =P

Best game ever made, don't dieeeeeeee
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 13 December 2005 04:13 AM EDT (US)     12 / 15       

Quoted from strider 1:

IMO stands for "In my opinion".

Note that the original internet-usual abbreviation (easily 10+ years old) is IMHO, which stands for "in my humble opinion". However, lately some people are less mannered, and more convinced of their own opinion as if it was undoubtable truth, so they omit the H.

Quoted from LC_Ushhud:

WOW...... so KRONOS for spamming TURMAS and LOKI for spamming hesrirs and ulfsarks in archaic???? is this correct?

No. Kronos can spam turma, but that is mainly Oranos' domain (faster turma speed). Kronos moves his free oracles to the enemy base, warps his temple there, goes classical at 3:40 under Prometheus, uses the Valor power on the oracles and attacks the enemy with a free Prom and free oracle heroes at a time when the opponent has barely erected his temple but often enough not even begun to advance to classical age. Kronos can do that without having to interrupt citizen production before he advances. Kronos then deconstructs the enemy temple while the opponent is advancing so that the opponent gets no free myth unit when he hits classical age. If the enemy upgrades towers, then Kronos deconstructs the most annoying tower and still succeeds with his rush.

On water maps, Kronos immediately sends over his oracle and deconstructs the enemy dock so that the opponent cannot fish, and the boats he already made are useless.

Needless to say that Kronos will warp in counter-barracks and produce additional troops as his econ allows. And of course there will be turmas among those units.

That is why Kronos is the best rush god. Loki follows on position 2, but he will not spam ulfs as you suggested. Instead, Loki will advance under Heimdall and mainly make hersirs, occasionally some TA. I find that the best Lokis that I encounter begin by making a small RC raiding force before creating the rush army.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 13 December 2005 05:31 AM EDT (US)     13 / 15       

Quoted from DeathAndPain :

Note that the original internet-usual abbreviation (easily 10+ years old) is IMHO, which stands for "in my humble opinion". However, lately some people are less mannered, and more convinced of their own opinion as if it was undoubtable truth, so they omit the H.

How am I supposed to know about! Not like I was on the internet responding in chatrooms at the age of 4. =/

DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 13 December 2005 08:06 AM EDT (US)     14 / 15       
I was not directing a blame against you personally, TTK_GeneralNoob. It is the general development of nettiquette that I mourn about. Nonetheless the original abbreviation is not dead and can still be found all over the internet, so ppl usually know both variants - and make a choice.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
Jormund The Jarl
Mortal
posted 14 December 2005 03:31 AM EDT (US)     15 / 15       
Actually nowadays IMHO is starting to mean in my HAUGHTY opinion, in my hometown atleast.

Loki RoxXxoRz
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames