You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » What would you do when Greek vs an Isis Fast Heroic?
Bottom
Topic Subject:What would you do when Greek vs an Isis Fast Heroic?
TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 12 December 2005 07:07 AM EDT (US)         
Hey all, just played Hades, just vsed the LAMEST ISIS EVER. So many midgols. Anyway, I need tips what to do vs Isis, suggestions?
AuthorReplies:
CoM_NiGhtMarE
Mortal
posted 12 December 2005 09:08 AM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
lol general... add me on the AOM:TT friends nickname com_nightmare
well, actually loL,... i play isis and i most often FH
so, i would really have a hard time against toxotes spamm... and when the isis (me) builds slingers just build some cav
hope it might help you
but anyway, i know what you mean... i also do that LOL.. build lots of migdol + barracks + some siege

that owns

cu on aom TT i hope

Expect the unexpectable...
Ingame name = DoO_VonDutch / VonDutchXV

[This message has been edited by CoM_NiGhtMarE (edited 12-12-2005 @ 11:00 AM).]

Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 12 December 2005 11:48 AM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
Either:

-Go FH through aphrodite and spam Nemean Lions + Peltasts + Ranged Siege

-Go 1-1-1 through Ares, attack when he hits heroic, make sure he doesn't secure a forward mine by pestilenceing his mig (You won't be able to at his home base due to monus). Keep him boxed in and boom like hell, your eco should be better than his because he spent early res on heroic. Keep as much map control as you can and grind him down through heroic and mythic.

Many real good players (for example this game) will expect the first strat these days and mass too many priest for it to be effective. If your opponent doesn't expect it, it can really work.

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
sdw12umdjc
Mortal
posted 12 December 2005 10:12 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
Counter lame with lame. Your buildings are stronger so tower/fortress spam and tox/ranged siege. Underworld passage behind his base to wreak havoc on his economy.

Or raid his gold like its your only task. No gold=no migdols.

DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 13 December 2005 03:59 AM EDT (US)     4 / 9       

Quoted from Sam_Ham:

Go 1-1-1 through Ares

Go classical with only 1 vill on food, gold, and wood? That is supposed to be good?

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 13 December 2005 04:41 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
lol. I think he means go 1 barrack, 1 stable, and 1 archery range spamming units.

Actually today I watched a KS_Josey_Wales game, he was Possy vs Ra. He Pested the MIdogl and gold strangled the Ra. Of course, the Ra play made camels, but they costed him too much gold in the end.

Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 13 December 2005 07:35 AM EDT (US)     6 / 9       

Quote:

lol. I think he means go 1 barrack, 1 stable, and 1 archery range spamming units.

Yes.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 13 December 2005 11:43 AM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
DaP was making a joke people, a joke.

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
AzianPhoenix
Mortal
posted 13 December 2005 07:07 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
It is nearly impossible to stop a good Isis from going to Heroic. Massed priests behind towers are massively more powerful than people expect. I don't do Anc/eclipse btw (unless i know that the game is over)

The weakness of Isis is during 2 critical times, prosperity and on the hitting of heroic when resources are low (only for fast heroics though). Also if you force isis to use Barrack units in Heroic, you will have a much better chance.

There are also 3 critical areas you can hit Isis in. These are the gold mines (well obviously), caravans, and one few people expect to be such a big factor, FARMS. If you have to let 20 Hippkons die for 15 farms destroyed, so be it, just get rid of them. Destroying farms will absolutely destroy an Isis economy. Go hit the gold, if the army is there, go hit and destroy those farms.

Best game ever made, don't dieeeeeeee

[This message has been edited by AzianPhoenix (edited 12-13-2005 @ 07:20 PM).]

DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 14 December 2005 02:39 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9       

Quoted from AzianPhoenix:

There are also 3 critical areas you can hit Isis in. These are the gold mines (well obviously), caravans, and one few people expect to be such a big factor, FARMS. If you have to let 20 Hippkons die for 15 farms destroyed, so be it, just get rid of them. Destroying farms will absolutely destroy an Isis economy. Go hit the gold, if the army is there, go hit and destroy those farms.

Hmm... I understand you think about killing the farms while the vills have fled into the TC and wait until the TC and surrounding towers have decimated all your hipps.

Now let's see: Each hippikon costs 80g 40f. Each Eggy farm costs 70g. That means you lose 1600g 800f. He loses 1050g 0f. Right after your hipps are dead, his vills are ejected from the TC and make new farms, which takes them 9 seconds. Theoretically, all vills could make their farms simultaneously so that all farms are back up and running after 9 seconds. In reality, ordering all the farms will require some micro, so let us assume it takes the Eggy 20 seconds to rebuild their farms.

Meanwhile, the Eggy army makes an all-out assault against your Greek base, and your Greek defenders lack troops for 60 pop points which are occupied by the the suicide hippikons.

No, I do not think that this pays off for the Greek...

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames