You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » PoS bugged????
Bottom
Topic Subject:PoS bugged????
Vindicated
Mortal
posted 13 December 2005 08:08 AM EDT (US)         
something wierd just happend , when i get back home im gonna try it and check it out but i figured i would ask here aswell...............

i was playing as Isis against set , after using Ancestors + eclipse on water witch a rarely do , once the eclipse wore off my opponent (Set) used plegue of Sepents on me on water right infront of my docks , but oddly enough they just sat there and he had like 8 sea serpents sitting around my docks and not attacking my fishing boats

that actually seems like a great strat if it did work especially if you have an even land battle going on you would kinda force your opponent to make some type of navy to counter giving you a slight pop advantage

AuthorReplies:
Apoop
Mortal
posted 13 December 2005 08:15 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
In all my experieces with plague of serpents, they dont attack villies or fishing ships.
Vindicated
Mortal
posted 13 December 2005 08:28 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
well that explains it , i always go Bast so i have almost no exp with anubus

thanks for the reply

Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 14 December 2005 04:52 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
I know for sure they don't attack fishing ships, but I think they attack villagers. It would of been useless for my opponents to use them against my villagers otherwise. Possibly someone could test this.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 15 December 2005 06:01 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
- Edited.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok

[This message has been edited by GloryofSparta (edited 12-15-2005 @ 07:28 AM).]

DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 15 December 2005 08:05 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
As far as I know they do attack villagers, but do only a fraction of their normal damage against villagers, which is why it is usually a poor use of them. The villagers can simply kill the snakes and be fine.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
FlameoftheWest
Mortal
posted 15 December 2005 11:16 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
Serpents do have a 1.1 bonus verses villagers, though. Unless the unit tables are wrong....

And PoS is not useless verses villagers. A simple distraction to your opponents economy early on can cause a bit of trouble.

FlameoftheWest
---------
Titans Player
AoM Vanilla Player on Gameranger

[This message has been edited by FlameoftheWest (edited 12-15-2005 @ 11:40 AM).]

FrostGiant
Mortal
posted 15 December 2005 11:36 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
Basically, sea snakes cannot attack fishing ships. I checked in the code and it's because they have not been given the condition that allows them to attack any abstract fishing ships, so they will always ignore them. I modded that though, so in my version sea snakes attack all ships. Interesting to note too, that Kraken cannot sink atlantean fire ships (or is it seige bireme??). Can't remember which one. That's most likely due to the fact that each ship sunk by kraken has to be specially animated with the tentacles wrapping around it, and with ES quickly rushing to finish the expansion on time probably just left that out! Like so many other things.....

Btw, DeathAndPain is right, villagers are more resistant to snake attacks. Just look in the code, the snakes do 20% less damage to villagers to stop you from wiping them out!

<param name="DamageBonus" type="AbstractVillager" value1="0.8"></param>

There's the proof above.

Hope this helps and clears up a few things.

[This message has been edited by FrostGiant (edited 12-15-2005 @ 11:41 AM).]

DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 16 December 2005 04:42 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Trouble is, once again the data that was directly derived from the code is apparently wrong. As a matter of fact the xentelian sheets say that snakes do only 0.1x damage vs villagers. I have learnt that the xentelian information is usually the most accurate from all sources I know, and that the data from the game files is sometimes wrong. Do not ask me how that is possible, but it is a fact. AoM seems to have some stuff hardcoded.

But since there is discussion on that subject, it might pay to run some tests. I guess I will do so soon.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames