You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Hecate or Helios?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Hecate or Helios?
IceCreamDude
Mortal
posted 13 December 2005 11:30 PM EDT (US)         
I usually go Hecate but the tartarian gate and lampades seem to b a lil overated so is it worth it to go helios? I've not had a really clear answer on dis. The effects of the gate thats suppose to "kill 1/2 of their villies and buildings before they get rid of it" r quite off of its actual effects.
AuthorReplies:
MrCPHSTitans
Mortal
posted 14 December 2005 00:22 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
I do well with the gate, plus with Hec you get the regen myth units, which will include your Titan. With the gate though, you need to place it where it won't get hit by towers or a settlement, and follow up with a big attack. I like to place it on one side of the area and then attack from the other side with my army.
TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 14 December 2005 01:20 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
IMO, I would always choose Helios. Firstly his godpower rocks, expecially in team games, than His seige tech is fantastic, like double hack armour, and mroe crush damage, That's a great seige upgrade. Also, Heka Gigantus ROCK, they have such a cool speicl attack.

IMHO Helios > Hekate.

[This message has been edited by TTK_GeneralNoob (edited 12-14-2005 @ 08:05 PM).]

Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 14 December 2005 02:19 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
1v1 games, Hekate > Helios 100%

Tartarian Gate is under-rated in its power. It takes out a fortress or a tower surrounded by 40 pop in houses when you cast it. (A lot of people don't seem to realise that the gate can destroy buildings when it rises).

Lampades are also under-rated, you need good micro to use them effectively, but when you do, they rock.

If the game is balanced ~20:00 mins in when you go mythic, against Eggy and Greek especially, you'll be needing to go straight to Titan. Fighting in mythic without Titan more than often results in an Atlantean loss.

With Hekate, your Titan gets regenerated hitpoints, which gives him the edge of Helios Titan. Tartarian Gate is also gonna keep your opponent busy for more time before he can attack the Titan Gate.

If you are winning when you hit Mythic, then what is a better 'finish him off' GP than tartarian gate? If you are pushing heavily on his army, then cast Tart gate round the back of his home TC, decimating a load of his pop and owning his economy, you think he's going to be able to hold on when he was disadvantaged before?

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
VB_WhiplashJC
Mortal
posted 14 December 2005 02:53 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Depends on your situation.

If you're going for a titan asap, hekatate, or if you're opponent is greek and you think they will he will go hetaphesus (sp?)

vs someone who has turtled up on you and has trade etc go helios for the seige ups and hekas. vortex is great vs titan gates and wonders too.

in none of the above situations, helios, mainly because he's funner :P

www.vbclan.net - Aussie/Kiwi AoT and AoE3 clan
IceCreamDude
Mortal
posted 14 December 2005 06:36 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Wat bout an opponent dats winning?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames