You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Omega Thor Discussion
Bottom
Topic Subject:Omega Thor Discussion
Riku_Necross
Mortal
posted 14 December 2005 05:32 PM EDT (US)         
I always seem to come across questions about playing as a thor-worshipper...I want to just keep this one thread and post in it every time I have a question. Anyone else can post too, but I just want good answers.

Today's Question- What god paths should I choose against certain gods, and why? (Please be as detailed as possible and try to include all the gods to go against. Abunch of people can post what they know, and it could form into a full answer.)

I'm the superbeast.
AuthorReplies:
sleemie
Mortal
posted 14 December 2005 05:49 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Here are some more detailed questions I had in another post that may not be getting viewed much so I'll also post them here in this new Thor discussion thread...

These questions are basically what's the answer to each one of these based on each of the different gods...

Which troops to use
Which gods to choose (I now know bragi against eggy)
Who to go fast heroic against, or even fast mythic
Who to rush
Who to forward build against (I guess Kronos is one not to do it against, what about loki and oranos?)
Which armory upgrades to get early on (I know pierce against eggy and oranos and whenever raiding around towers)
If I do fast Heroic, or anytime I reach heroic for that matter, when do I go with more huskarls or more jarls and when to have an even mix. Also, I've gotten in the habit of once I get to heroic, I turn off my barrack AQ completely and only AQ my fort units...is that a bad idea? I mean if i've got the resources should I go all fort units since they're much stronger, or should I still throw in some RC or axmen or hersir. Oh, I do throw in a few valkaries just for their healing. I really don't do too well with mixing in the other myth units, either. hardly ever get any frosties, and once in a while if I think about it I get the fire giants. I know they're supposed to be one of the best units in the game with their ability to take down building and their durability.

and I guess a good build order for the different situations would help...hunting map, water map, fast heroic. I'm not trying to take a shortcut, I've looked at all the guides on here and recorded games and have played the computer many times experimenting with this stuff.

IceCreamDude
Mortal
posted 14 December 2005 06:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
tyr or baldr vs eggy.
FlameoftheWest
Mortal
posted 14 December 2005 06:54 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       

Quoted from IceCreamDude:

tyr or baldr vs eggy.

That's the only choice vs anyone.

FlameoftheWest
---------
Titans Player
AoM Vanilla Player on Gameranger
IceCreamDude
Mortal
posted 14 December 2005 09:13 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
uhh so vs an eggy player do i choose tyr or baldr?
iamyourgod
Mortal
posted 15 December 2005 00:05 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
against almost anyone you will want to choose baldr because his power is just made to end the game. when you go into mythic with an eggy opponent it ussually means he is going to try to titan/wonder and ragnarok makes that so much easier to counter. thin kabout it how are you going to protect your wonder from 80 heros and a titan(which is very quick to buid arfter ragnarok)

I love jesus,with every part of my body, does that make me gay?
Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 15 December 2005 02:47 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       

Quote:

What god paths should I choose against certain gods, and why?

This really depends on what you are trying to do. Freyja is definitely the more popular classical God, but there is no need to always go through her.

Forseti is a viable choice against Norse, atty and Greek on land maps, you just have to use a different play style when you go him. Use more hersir/ulf than you would through Freyja, and use your wood to mass trolls, which is very easy to do and very powerful in early game. You may want to go heroic slightly earlier classical fighting with Forseti.

With Freyja, who is a viable choice in any situation, and on water maps, you must make a large ratio of your army Raiding Cavalry. Heavy RC, raid to mass up some favour, then aq valks from your temple. Early extra valks in Thor army are often key to winning.

Heroic choice, you are most likely to choose Bragi, overall he is better than Skadi.

Skadi should be considered against a Thor/Loki player who has hit heroic through Bragi alrerady, to stop his Flaming Weapons, Set (frost to stop ancestors, Frost Giants good vs elephants) and perhaps Zeus, with the TA improvement and Frost Giants to stop Collossi.

Bragi is very effective against any God.

For Mythic age, Tyr if you are winning and need to push him into defeat, Baldr if you are equal or losing. If you went Bragi and saved Flaming weapons, Baldr is an even better choice, because ragna heroes with FW are so much better than , for example, an Odin Ragnarok. If you are losing, or don't think just ragna will cut it, get Titan aswell.

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 15 December 2005 03:12 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       

Quoted from riku_necross:

I want to just keep this one thread and post in it every time I have a question. Anyone else can post too, but I just want good answers.

Your thread will soon become a mess that nobody has an overview over, and you will then no longer get reasonable answers. If you have different questions, then every question is a different subject and justifies opening a different thread. Everything else will have disappointing results for you.

Also note that ppl are less likely to respond to a thread that already has 20 responses.

Quoted from riku_necross:

Today's Question- What god paths should I choose against certain gods, and why?

That question has just been discussed elsewhere. Check this thread for details. There is no point in copying everything from that thread into this one, too.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames