You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.23 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Basic ISIS strategy ?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Basic ISIS strategy ?
aliasgherman
Mortal
posted 15 December 2005 08:44 AM EDT (US)         
I am very much convinced that ISIS is much better than ZEUS (In the discussion IS ISIS POWERFULL THAN ZEUS). Now I am giving it a try versus Hard Computer. But it seems that in classical age the eqqy units are very much vulnerable against all but especially against Atlantean and greek. Please guide me which units to make and a general strategy for ISIS.
AuthorReplies:
Zipp
Mortal
posted 15 December 2005 10:14 AM EDT (US)     1 / 23       
Well,

Isis is weak in classical, so thats why most isis players us a FH to get acces to the migdol stronghold and create elephants, chariot archers and camels.
I dont know any links to an isis guide, but you can check out AOT and download any recorded games of Isis users and see how they use Isis.

Vindicated
Mortal
posted 15 December 2005 06:02 PM EDT (US)     2 / 23       
Yep just as zip suggested goto the recorded games section and download a few of the Isis recorded games ( there is also a site out there that has a listing of expert recorded game but im not much about posting forum links on other forums )

Now i'm no expert on isis at all, 1680 is about as high as i get and thats probably cause i'm to stubborn to use more hotkeys but you're not as week in classical as you think.

offensivly yes, you are slightly under par compared to the others but if you stay within your base until heroic with towers and mercinaries you're equil to them if not stronger , many times when i first started with Isis i would have a few hopes/hips and invade my base and only having a couple slingers and a spearman or two made i thought i was dead but by not quiting i was able to resist the attack

Although many people have a set god order for Isis , think of the gods as tools and each one will work best for a different job

Example alot of Isis players will go Bast-Nepht for the Eclipse/Ancestors witch is an awesome combo , but against Norse i almost always go Anubus-Hathor or Bast-Hathor for the simple reason mass Petsuchos with a few CA's and axemen mixed in own Norse low pierce armor.

As far as a guide in classical never go all out on counters , what i mean by this is if you're countering Cavelry in classical , hopefully you saw it coming and went Anubus for the spearman upgrade but even if you didnt, just make spearmen w/ priest and slingers. slingers compliment any army as they are good ranged units.

Same thing with countering Infantry ,use axemen w/ priests and slingers.

On a final note learn how to properly use prosperity
always have your 1st mining upgrade and always have a Pharoh empowering a mining camp when you use it . have a atleast 8+ villies on gold , this should give you enough gold to immedietly take 1 TC and be ready to go Heroic when food allows.

Goodluck

[This message has been edited by Vindicated (edited 12-16-2005 @ 08:50 AM).]

regular_gonzalez
Mortal
posted 16 December 2005 04:11 AM EDT (US)     3 / 23       
Basic Isis strategy:

Step 1) Do anything
Step 2) Win

sleemie
Mortal
posted 16 December 2005 04:23 PM EDT (US)     4 / 23       
www.agesanctuary.com

you have to register with the site, but they've got some great games, all played by highly rated players.

Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 16 December 2005 11:56 PM EDT (US)     5 / 23       

Quote:

Isis is weak in classical, so thats why most isis players us a FH to get acces to the migdol stronghold and create elephants, chariot archers and camels.

I'd have to disagree, Isis can fight in classical just as good as Set can IMO, although Isis doesn't have the animals that set has. Isis having cheaper upgrades at the armory and barracks alone helps to make her army much better ... at a faster rate. She can also use prosperity while advancing to boost gold income to slam down an extra barracks or two, or even grab an extra TC if you want to boom a bit.

I mean, her FH is probably more powerful by a bit, but fighting in classical is still a fine alternative. Try fighting with Ra in classical ... that's stupid IMO.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
AzianPhoenix
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 10:58 AM EDT (US)     6 / 23       
You can easily fend off any classical attack with massed priests alone. You'd be surprised how powerful Isis really is in classical. Her classical units may look weak, but if you let that fool you, you will get overwhelmed.

For that reason I do not go fast heroic (I don't fallow much of the mainstream strategies for the matter). I go to heroic anywhere from 12-18 mins. Try it, don't bother going to Heroic and focus all your resources on your classical age army. You'd be surprise what you can do. People only think certain gods are inflexible because they never try something diffferent with them. Look away from the mainstream and try something different, you add the element of surprise as well giving yourself more options in games.

Best game ever made, don't dieeeeeeee
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 12:52 PM EDT (US)     7 / 23       

Quoted from AzianPhoenix:

You can easily fend off any classical attack with massed priests alone. You'd be surprised how powerful Isis really is in classical. Her classical units may look weak, but if you let that fool you, you will get overwhelmed

BS. Mass priest suck. Only if your opponet is heavy on myths and only build myths (which he shouldn't) then is that a ok strat. Priests have like 15% pierce armor so any archer will easily take out the priests. Plus they cost 100 gold! Having 5 or 6 priests get killed is really dumb considering how much gold you lost for how little they protected you.

Pug
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 01:23 PM EDT (US)     8 / 23       
Lol. Most experts do infact defend with just a few preists and the free myth unit when they are fhing so it does work. Of course archers would beat them in an open field. You are defending under tower fire in which case the archers will lose. Even vs calv or infantry preists will attack till the enemy is too close then fall back to tower/tc fire.
He is just talking about defending that early rush till your able to conjur up an army.
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 02:12 PM EDT (US)     9 / 23       

Quoted from Pug:

Of course archers would beat them in an open field. You are defending under tower fire in which case the archers will lose.

Not really. 1 or 2 towers an not take out all your archers plus a few infantry in the time you kill the priests. The FH is beat by a rush. Rush>Boom>Turtle>Rush. Plus you lose lots of gold doing it.

DESTROYER16
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 03:46 PM EDT (US)     10 / 23       
what does FH mean??
LC_Ushhud
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 03:47 PM EDT (US)     11 / 23       
FH means fast heroic

Someones life was once history ---->to story ----> to legend----> to MYTH....
Our life will once be history ----> to story ----> to legend----> to MYTH...
And maybe they might make a game out of it... like Age Of Mythology (The Titans) ..... LOL

MY AOM: TT USERNAMES.... Ushhud(ALMOST NEVER), LC_Ushhud (VERY RARELY), DS_Ushhud (RARELY), KoD_Ushhud (ALWAYS)
DESTROYER16
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 04:38 PM EDT (US)     12 / 23       
aaaaa now i get it thanks man i ow ja wan
LC_Ushhud
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 06:48 PM EDT (US)     13 / 23       

Someones life was once history ---->to story ----> to legend----> to MYTH....
Our life will once be history ----> to story ----> to legend----> to MYTH...
And maybe they might make a game out of it... like Age Of Mythology (The Titans) ..... LOL

MY AOM: TT USERNAMES.... Ushhud(ALMOST NEVER), LC_Ushhud (VERY RARELY), DS_Ushhud (RARELY), KoD_Ushhud (ALWAYS)
Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 08:24 PM EDT (US)     14 / 23       

Quote:

BS. Mass priest suck. Only if your opponet is heavy on myths and only build myths (which he shouldn't) then is that a ok strat. Priests have like 15% pierce armor so any archer will easily take out the priests. Plus they cost 100 gold! Having 5 or 6 priests get killed is really dumb considering how much gold you lost for how little they protected you.

Few priests, free MU and possibly another, pharoh and arrow fire can easily hold of enemies for some time. Priests, although having low attack, have 100% accuracy. Plus, it's all free. You have your starting priest you can use if you must, plus two or three priests, it's only 200-300 gold.

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 08:52 PM EDT (US)     15 / 23       

Quoted from Brtnboarder495:

You have your starting priest you can use if you must, plus two or three priests,

Thats no massed priests then. You only have a couple of priests. Also mass priests, pharoah and the free MU is no problem for me and I attack really early too.

Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 09:29 PM EDT (US)     16 / 23       
Well let's see, two towers located decently close to eachother with TC fire will anniahlate a group of 5-7 units, and with the added priests, MU's and pharoh, your definetly going to have no problem taking down around 10 units. Plus, you only need to hold off long enough either complete your FH or get up a barracks.

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 10:25 PM EDT (US)     17 / 23       
Like I said, they are no problem for me with all o their defence. Maybe you should test befor you talk.
AzianPhoenix
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 10:31 PM EDT (US)     18 / 23       
Ah, behold the power of the priest. Just about every reason tells people that priests are weak, but there are many factors that make them much better than most people understand. They have 99 health in classical, they have range, they benifit from armorly upgrades more than any other unit (in the whole game), priests have 100% accuracy, because they have the 9x myth unit multiplier, 100% accuracy, and don't count as archers, there is not hard counter for them, and they cost a single resource and that resource is the easiest resource for egypt to obtain, and the most abundant for Isis in classical. Priest also train in 9 seconds flat. Normally of course you use them within tower fire and to support your army.

I assure you with priests and towers alone there is no way you can stop me from getting to Heroic if I wanted to. But don't be surprised that this Isis actually bites you when others don't.

[This message has been edited by AzianPhoenix (edited 12-17-2005 @ 10:40 PM).]

Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 11:33 PM EDT (US)     19 / 23       
Maybe you should test it first a_game_a_win. It works for me and azian at least, maybe you aren't skilled enough to pull it off. Oh and as for stats:

Archaic:

Attack: 2
Hack: 10%
Pierce: 0%
Range: 3

Classical:

Attack: 4
Hack: 23%
Pierce: 15%
Range: 12

Heroic:

Attack: 4
Hack: 34%
Pierce: 27%
Range: 19

Mythic:

Attack: 5
Hack: 44%
Pierce: 38%
Range: 22

Keep in mind, they only cost 100 gold and as azian said, they are created nearly instantly. They also have 100% accuracy (they always hit).

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 18 December 2005 07:04 AM EDT (US)     20 / 23       
Uhh I never play as eggies. I said when i verse them mass priests and towers and pharoah and whatever dont really matter. I easily take them out. I love it when an opponet does that because the mass priests and they are easy to wipe out. (remember this argument started because you said massing priests are good)
Unome
Mortal
posted 18 December 2005 11:12 AM EDT (US)     21 / 23       
are you talking seriously about ISIS? By far she is the hardest civ for me to face with my rushes... And if I try to out boom her... she'll wipe the floor with me military wise and still outboom me... Isis can concentrate really early on on both military and economy... She has naturaul defenses... Great upgrades... cheap and quik units... there is nothing more dangerouts than an excellent Isis player...

[SL_Unome]|---|---|---|---|----------------
[ Proud Leader of Phoenix Studios | AOM | AOE3 | ROL ]
"To be good requires to follow the rubric, to be the best is to give yourself no limitations"
Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 18 December 2005 11:15 AM EDT (US)     22 / 23       
No, I said massing 3-5 priest, plus a pharoh, MU, a tower or two and TC fire would annihilate a rusher or one trying to intefere an eggy player FHing.

AzianPhoenix
Mortal
posted 18 December 2005 10:10 PM EDT (US)     23 / 23       
Brtnboarder doesn't mass priests, but I actually do so I can skip the barracks for later, I often hit Heroic with half my army being priests, then they are absolutely wonderful in defending my Miggy/TC while it is put up (19 range and all). When I go for 8-9 min Heroics my whole army is priests... lol. If I have too many priests in Heroic I put some in a roc and drop em on a gold mine. Usually they completely wipe out the mining operation and if they are still alive (no towers and/or not enough villies to fight back)I put em in the roc again and use them for another raid lol. Once there is enough pop, here comes the ele's. Call it lame but at least I don't do the aces/eclipse thing.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames