You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » The 'steal' Strategy
Bottom
Topic Subject:The 'steal' Strategy
hydro13
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 11:17 AM EDT (US)         
You can do this with any side.
All you have to do is get about 10 ranged units, a few heroes, and about 3 cavalry and a few builders.
Go and take your squad to any resource place you want, make a few balista towers a wall perhaps a drop of site for resources and then leave the builders to go for resources, also leave a few archers behind, you dont need to over fortify it if you do it quickly, go to the resource site closest to your enemies base, if they are there get them out and quickly build a small sefence, then move on to the next one then the next one then the next one etc.
When your enemy sends all that they can muster (a tiny army) you will beat them and thy wont be able to do anything about it, every time they try to send villiagers to mine chop wood ect. they cant, soon they wont be able to build anything and you can just send in a few siege weapons and archers. to finnish them off while you sit on a huge pile of riches.
This strategy works really well, one map ( I forgot which one) has 3 gold mines and loads of trees right next to eachother, this was shared by two sides and once i got that they had no more resources left.
Its a really good strategy, you should try it!!
AuthorReplies:
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 12:47 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
no offence but that strategy sounds really noobish. If they have no army, you should be moving in to kill villies inside the town and destroying Barracks. Also half ways decent players will not keep sending their villies to the spot where your army is. And how do you know you will have a bigger force than your opponet?
hydro13
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 01:09 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Well its not nooby, because it works,
Exactly they wont keep sending there villys to there. If you get all the possible locations for their resources and take their town centres too theyre buggered, I have been playing age of empires games for a long time and using the same strategy, also this strategy was actually used by many real people, it is also known as the starve strategy. But that hints too much on food so i renamed it.
because on AOM you can still create some units without food using other resources, you need recources to win.
No recources= no ability to train/build= no ability to invade/defend

[This message has been edited by hydro13 (edited 12-17-2005 @ 01:14 PM).]

Pug
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 01:14 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
Thanks for contributing to the forums, but I really doubt you would have much success online with that tactic. Just about any stratagy will work against the computer however.
hydro13
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 01:17 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
I havent yet tried it out on AOM online but have against a hard opponent, i did try against a titan but bythe time i got there they had such a big army and i just god banged.
Tried it on AOE1 against my friends, and AOE rise of the modern age it worked
shadow_clone
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 01:46 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
some quick questions about the strat.... what civ do you use and what time do u advance

If you advance anything over 5:30 this stat has no chance of working cause the enemy will have an army waiting or he'll be attacking your unprotected base.

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 02:09 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
Ok it may not be "nooby" but thats what you should do in a game. Its not really a strat because everyone can do it. Also I sdaid it was noobish because alot of times noobs will be very timid and not go into their base until the are sure they can wipe it out in 1 sweep. I'm not saying you should always wait but you should keep attacking if they have no military left.
DESTROYER16
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 03:37 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
i think it will take to much time and cost to much recorces to compleate
AzianPhoenix
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 10:52 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Like someone said, just about anything will work against a computer. The most notable is the villie spam. This strategy won't get you far at all against human players. I'll let you use this strat against me if you want with a hard computer as your ally in a 2v1. Add me online and reply if you are interested.

Best game ever made, don't dieeeeeeee
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames