You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Help me out here ! :)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Help me out here ! :)
Katai
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 04:20 PM EDT (US)         
my friend has a AOM version and The titans , but his brother wants to play it to , so he has the same AOM version but he wont go online cause he has same cdkey , but if he buys AOM TT without buying original aom,could he be able to play AOMTT online? or is the same AOM cd-key gonna bug him?
AuthorReplies:
DESTROYER16
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 04:34 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
hmmmmm thats a good question i dont think it will bug him but thats somting to try
aslong as you don't go online wile ge is online i think i wont be a prob it could not be a prob at all but you now i dont know there are more experiencd guys here thei may now
sorry i couldent help you

[This message has been edited by DESTROYER16 (edited 12-17-2005 @ 04:42 PM).]

Pug
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 04:48 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
He would need both. Aom is the root game of aomtt, tt is just an expansion.
DESTROYER16
Mortal
posted 17 December 2005 04:50 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
yes thats tru but wy does it have another code if it wouldent worke any way
Katai
Mortal
posted 18 December 2005 06:12 AM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
guess i asked a hard question keep sending replies tho,the more people that say there opinion , the better thnx already
Hessu
Mortal
posted 18 December 2005 06:30 AM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
You can make several accounts with only one cd-key IF they are used on same computer.

_____
/Hessu\
/My scenarios\~
________*-(_)------(_)--*^________
PROUD MEMBER OF TSUNAMI STUDIOS
Katai
Mortal
posted 18 December 2005 06:39 AM EDT (US)     6 / 15       
2 different pcs with one AOM and 2 The Titans , Could they both play online? not 1 pc
Pug
Mortal
posted 18 December 2005 11:00 AM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
The same cd key can be in a home network for up to 3 pcs, but only one online at the same time.
Unome
Mortal
posted 18 December 2005 11:14 AM EDT (US)     8 / 15       
I have no clue...

[SL_Unome]|---|---|---|---|----------------
[ Proud Leader of Phoenix Studios | AOM | AOE3 | ROL ]
"To be good requires to follow the rubric, to be the best is to give yourself no limitations"
Katai
Mortal
posted 18 December 2005 02:01 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15       
The same cd key can be in a home network for up to 3 pcs, but only one online at the same time. said by pug. i dindnt know that but still.If they both have 1 AOM and 2 The Titans could they both play online at the SAME time , thats the question
Pug
Mortal
posted 18 December 2005 02:08 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15       
I am almost 100% that its no.
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 18 December 2005 03:42 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
This is really funny. Katai explained his question very precisely in his original text, but from all those that answered, DESTROYER16 is the only one who actually appears to have understood the question. And now that Katai has repeated the details, Pug is the second to get it.

This is also what I hate about these forums. No matter how precisely you aks a question, most people will not care to read it properly and respond some crap that has nothing to do with the question, leading the thread off-topic and cluttering it up with garbage.

As for the question, I must admit that I do not know the response either. If I had to guess I would suppose that it will work, as I hardly believe both codes will be checked at login time. But I do not know for sure. Why does the brother of your friend not buy the bundle that contains both vanilla and the expansion? Hardly more expensive than only the expansion today.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
Pug
Mortal
posted 18 December 2005 03:46 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
I understood the question prefectly in his first post, he didnt understand my first answer.
Katai
Mortal
posted 19 December 2005 07:03 AM EDT (US)     13 / 15       
Lol deathandpain , some people didnt understand it indeed but i tried to fromulate the question as good as possible i live in Belgium so i don't speak english as a normal language, by the way , i'll tell him the best thing he can do is buy the bundle still thanx for all the useful posts!
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 19 December 2005 07:15 AM EDT (US)     14 / 15       

Quoted from Pug:

I understood the question prefectly in his first post, he didnt understand my first answer.

You pointed out: "Aom is the root game of aomtt, tt is just an expansion."

This looked like you were thinking that he planned on only buying and installing the expansion without having access to a vanilla CD. I mean, it was obvious that Katai knew that TT is an expansion; there was no need to tell him that.

Quoted from Katai:

i live in Belgium so i don't speak english as a normal language

I think your English is pretty fine, Katai, but what you should definitely do is use a full-stop now and then so that your sentences are easier to read and understand.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
Katai
Mortal
posted 19 December 2005 09:12 AM EDT (US)     15 / 15       
lol thnx death
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames