You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » And the three cultures are...
Bottom
Topic Subject:And the three cultures are...
Lord of the Dutch
Mortal
posted 17 April 2001 11:21 AM EDT (US)         
Check out the ES newspage:

Three mighty cultures struggle for world dominance.

I can only conclude from the two screenshots that the cultures are:

1) Egyptians: First Screen, the white clothes, the desert and the anubis-like creature

2) Romans (or Greeks): Second screen, the architecture, the helepolis and the ship

3) Vikings: Well check the CGW-cover, if that isn't Thor the Viking god of Thunder then I will eat my shoes

AuthorReplies:
Lysimachus
Mortal
posted 17 April 2001 11:32 AM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Hey, I was the very first on in these forums to post that the three civs are:

Egyptians
Romans
&
Vikings

But you're guesses were good as well

~Lysimachus - Former HG Angel for Rise & Fall Heaven || Was RaFH Game Info Admin || Proud Member of HG since 1998
Ash Plissken
Mortal
posted 17 April 2001 12:15 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
The Greeks and Romans had pretty much the same pantheon, they just had different names for the gods (Zeus = Jove/Jupiter, Aphrodite = Venus, Hades = Pluto, etc.). They could go either way; they could go with the easily-recognized names of the Roman pantheon (same as the planets), or they could go with the less-familiar (to most people) Greek names.

Maybe it's not too late
To learn how to love, and forget how to hate
--"Crazy Train"
SkeeK
Mortal
posted 17 April 2001 03:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
There are actually some little differences beyon djust names in the Greek and Roman mythologies. They are still pretty much the same, though. I would personally vastly prefer Greek over Roman.
tonto_stickman
Mortal
posted 17 April 2001 03:59 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Yes i would also prefer Greek over Roman

My Mangudai will slaughter all those who oppose me.
Lord of the Dutch
Mortal
posted 17 April 2001 04:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
Yes agree, Romans just ripped there gods from the Greeks.
Marksimus
Mortal
posted 17 April 2001 04:15 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
Yeah well you must remember that the Romans were far more powerful militarily than the Greeks, who were never truly united under one leader. The Romans fit the conquesting concept better.
tonto_stickman
Mortal
posted 17 April 2001 04:22 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
i actually think the game is going to be about various kingdom etc not Empires remember this isn't AoE anymore

My Mangudai will slaughter all those who oppose me.
GUNS_N_ROSES
Mortal
posted 17 April 2001 04:33 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
Greek Mythology can't be compared to the Roman one. Romans didn't have many mythological features and these that they had were taken by Greeks. Don't forget that the Word Mythology is a Greek Word. Mythos (Unreal/Imaginative Story that HAS Historical elements) + logos (Speak)
Ash Plissken
Mortal
posted 17 April 2001 05:09 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
I know. I wasn't talking about the legends themselves, just the group of "classical" gods that were involved in them.

Out of curiosity, is "Heracles" just another spelling for the Greek demigod Hercules, or was he the Roman version of the same legend? And did the Greeks have an equivalent to the Romulus and Remus legend? (I forget how the story of Castor and Pollux went.)

Maybe it's not too late
To learn how to love, and forget how to hate
--"Crazy Train"
RuntHerder
Mortal
posted 17 April 2001 05:49 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
Well... Think about it..

This is an entirely new game... It could have civilizations from Mythology itself... Like a Minatour civ.. or a Giant or Mermaid (guesses here) civ.

If you have an opinion... At least understand why you have it!!
kaczka
HG Alumnus
(id: Cherub Dimitrios)
posted 17 April 2001 05:55 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
No greeks didn't have Romulus and remus, they were the probably not real founders of rome.

When you say "minitaur civilization", if you mean the Minoans, the minoans existed...

HAPPINESS, FREE, FOR EVERYONE, AND LET NO ONE BE FORGOTTEN!
Pascal
Mortal
posted 17 April 2001 06:10 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
they are definitely greek, norse, egy

and i'll eat my shoe if they are not

[ Seeing the Marvels of the Universe for less than thirty Altairian dollars a day ]
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames