You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.20 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » I'm leaving...
Bottom
Topic Subject:I'm leaving...
ArrangedEarth
Mortal
posted 07 December 2001 06:02 PM EDT (US)         
This place is getting pretty boring. Old topics are become brand new ones. The brand news ones kill the good topics...somehow. ES is definately not giving enough info out to fuel the fire over here. I find that it's not worth posting anymore...

With Christams coming up and all (and plenty of excellent things on my list to keep me busy for a few months...), you'd probably won't see me intill late Febuaray or more.

Not much else to say..so..later!

A . R . R . A . N . G . E . D . E . A . R . T . H
AuthorReplies:
SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 07 December 2001 06:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 20       
*Weeps*
I'll miss you AE, you were one of the originals baby!

God Bless America.

I am the state.

InsaneCow
Mortal
posted 07 December 2001 07:04 PM EDT (US)     2 / 20       
*Sobs*
I never thought you, of all people, would pull a "sidgu"
You posted more quality posts than anyone I know, and I will anxiously await your return. Have fun this holiday season. I hate these threads. Nothing good ever comes of them.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
G-Dubs is the greatest president evah!
alLan Mandragoran
Mortal
posted 07 December 2001 07:26 PM EDT (US)     3 / 20       
dang u leaving us u were cool man, but at least it ant foevea!
Kiramun_Katibun
Banned
posted 07 December 2001 08:14 PM EDT (US)     4 / 20       
Omg noooooooooooo

Bro where are u goin... well i guess ur right about the forums thou

Well bro ill miss ya See u in feb and ES needs to give more info as u said

Well take care bro

Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 07 December 2001 09:02 PM EDT (US)     5 / 20       
Ahhh, AE...you will be missed. See ya around then!
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 07 December 2001 10:22 PM EDT (US)     6 / 20       
he'll be back in a week
A while back, i was thinking the same thing. And i did the same thing, but i was back in a week.

However, currently, i have this new girlfriend( ITS TRUE ) and shes hot, and, well, i'm sorry, but time is better spent on her. So expect to see a dramatic decrease in my postings.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.

[This message has been edited by deadlydentures (edited 12-07-2001 @ 10:23 PM).]

A_Mighty_Pirate
Mortal
posted 07 December 2001 10:57 PM EDT (US)     7 / 20       
Oh man.....

We'll miss you AE, you had a great number of intelligent, wellthought posts. Bummer, AE and DD both in one post... Well some of us are going to have to pick up some of the slack now. At least InsaneCow is still with us!

"When oppurtunity knocks, break the locks and rush the gates"
Greeks are gonna rock! Minotaurs + Hydras!

Reciever of the esteemed and highly coveted: "Bobby Bailey's Screwball Award"

Romans 12
Napoleon_the_XV
Mortal
posted 07 December 2001 11:06 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20       
Well, I knew it ahead of time, so I'm not surprised, and it's not gonna be a change around here, cause i'm not gonna be here to see it. I'm sure all the other guys will notice it, though, and let's hope they can keep it rollin'.

History is a set of lies agreed upon. - Napoleon Bonaparte
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names. - John F. Kennedy
After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one. - Cato the Elder
Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 08 December 2001 04:05 AM EDT (US)     9 / 20       
Bye, AE, I'll sure miss you

Have fun, DD!

I'm also getting busy with homework, so you'll see a decrease in my posts also.

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect
InsaneCow
Mortal
posted 08 December 2001 12:14 PM EDT (US)     10 / 20       
WHAT!?! L_K too? How in the world are these forums going to live? I come at least 3-4 times a week, no matter how much homework I have. I am fond of these boards, I am addicted almost. I don't see the lack of info at all either. In the last 3 weeks, we had 3 new movies, 3 new screenshots, one new AOM preview, and I can only imagine the pace will pick up after the holiday season. Thanx to AMP for his compliment, and I hope any other regulars don't slow down. AOM is going to rock, and I can't imagine leaving the community for any reason. I only hope they all come back, even if they don't comeback until it is released. Until then, I will have to live through the craze of forumers eating cookies.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 08 December 2001 01:40 PM EDT (US)     11 / 20       
LK and I aren't leaving, we are just not gonna be able to post alot. I will always be a loyal member of this forum as long as i'm interested in AOM. And i won't be uninterested for a long time after the game is out. There just isn't anything deciet to respond to. A bunch of cookie crap, immature forumers, and repeated annoying questions. ES resently hasn't been saying anything new, nor have they been responding to posts. I'm starting to think that the Glory Days are past us. But to tell you the truth, i thought the same thing 2-3 months ago. Nothing interesting was being said, everyone was leaving, and it just sucked. I thought the forums were gonna suck forevermore. But they picked back up. Good ideas were made, and the forum wasn't flooded with immature and stupid threads.
I'm sure times will get better. In a few months, Sidgu shall return. AE will be back. Tyr may show his face. Definately over Christmas vacation these forumers will spice up. Things happen, people leave. Times change. We may never hear another idea from TheNewbie, or a past great. We have to move on. New things will come. The forums will go on.
All i ask is that the forumers realize that this isn't a playground, that this isn't a crazy place where everyone just makes party threads. This is a heaven for those who wish to track AOM and try to pass ideas in the hopes that ES will read them. Immaturity should be looked-down on.
I want to point out a button that says "Search". You can search for past posts and topics. This would help alot. Reading old conversations may bring up new ideas, or dropped concepts. It also makes this forums better for the experienced people who have answered some questions 30-40 times.

Finally, i wish ES would post more. What good are these forums without the constant assurance that these ideas are being read, and givin wieght. Without ES, these forums are just abunch of people giving praises about AOM and ES that noone deserving credit hears.

My girlfriend won't take up all my time, but i can't post replies if there isn't anything decient to reply too.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
zam zap
Mortal
posted 08 December 2001 02:53 PM EDT (US)     12 / 20       
*why.........sniff........why did this have to...........HAPPEN* AE you were my best friend.
Well bye!

ZAM WILL ZAPATH!!

Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 08 December 2001 03:03 PM EDT (US)     13 / 20       
dd pretty summed it up... I can't answer each thread like I used to, but it doesn't mean I'm leaving.

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect
InsaneCow
Mortal
posted 08 December 2001 05:31 PM EDT (US)     14 / 20       
*In awe of dd's wisdom and advice*
Great post man, I am just sad that all the regulars are going to slow down. I hope we will come back to the "glory days" soon. And I hope you are right about AE. Hopefully he will come back sooner than expected.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
gone_postal
Mortal
posted 08 December 2001 07:30 PM EDT (US)     15 / 20       
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOO

See ya around...

He kicked me in the back
when i wasn't looking,
so I kicked him twice in the face
when he was.

gone postal

Dare
Mortal
posted 08 December 2001 07:58 PM EDT (US)     16 / 20       
Add me to the list along with LK and DD. I'm not permanently leaving I think, but I won't post as often. The screenshots still look good (I like that elephant...) and I'm sure they'll just get better.
When I really come back, all these "newbies" will say "Hey! Use the search button and stuff!" oh, the irony...

My life has also changed. I use to be such the wallflower and dorky kid. Now I've changed and stuff.

Vive le ES! Vive le HG!

I KNOW that's somehow grammatically wrong...

InsaneCow
Mortal
posted 08 December 2001 08:06 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20       
Did you change because of these boards, or because of something else. Anyway, I will look forward to seeing you back full-time soon.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Dare
Mortal
posted 09 December 2001 10:24 AM EDT (US)     18 / 20       
A little because it was getting boring, but mainly my life was catching up with me.
GNon
Mortal
posted 10 December 2001 07:33 PM EDT (US)     19 / 20       
Quote:
"Hey! Use the search button and stuff!" oh, the irony...

yep, lol

Zone: GNon42 ESO: GNon
AOM MPT Tester VIP \\\\ !TEAL! ////
"Beware of the Shadows, they move when you're not looking."
" See. "
Cobra
Mortal
posted 10 December 2001 10:13 PM EDT (US)     20 / 20       
Man, you're leaving, hmmm, you had my Fav Forumer Award.
Now I have to find some one else that unknown honor.
Well, I'll miss yah.

Dona nobis pacem
II
V
II}(+){II
A
II
Visit Cheeseland and its Forums Today‡Jackassery and Nonsense welcome
‡‡1000th Post in Last Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to: