You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Dear ArchAngel
Bottom
Topic Subject:Dear ArchAngel
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 08 December 2001 02:10 PM EDT (US)         
Alrighty ArchAngel, i'm not saying you have a heart of stone, i'm not calling you a cold bastard. I actually can understand you not giving any information b/c of your job. I would do it too. But why? What could ES possibly lose by giving out info? Its not like they face competition with WarCraft. And even if WarCraft had the info would it hurt AOM? Furthor more, we forumers are left in the dark on Population limits, night and day, can flying units attack. Sure pictures are nice, but they answer these questions. I can see a pegasis, but what does it do? Haven't heard much about the 100favor cap.

For the love of God, if you never respond to these forums again, at least tell me why? In fact the only time you DO respond is to post a SS. Anyone can do that. What a waste. Don't you give a damn about these forums anymore???

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
AuthorReplies:
Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 08 December 2001 02:45 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
When did he give a "damn" about these forums? j/k

I think they are doing a fine job so far but we need new info, it is becoming boring. But you have to realize DD that he is following a hype marketing plan...which I suspect goes like this (general info on game, pre-previews, and more previews which are repetitous, weekly screenshots, speak at gaming confrences, maybe soon gamespot showcases, release more info, beta test, crunch time, release game, celebrate)

That is just a guess on what will be happening...there is always a dark time in following game developing, especially if you are extremely anticapting it. It may seem harsh to wait in the dark for a few months but in the end, the product is much more fullfilling. The people who are leaving for a few months are doing the right thing. Now that does not mean leaving us with little is right but more will come. It always had and it always will. Being patient is the key to success.

zam zap
Mortal
posted 08 December 2001 02:47 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
deadly is right, when you give info. it doesnt make any of us forumers want to buy the game much less. Infact more info would probably make more people buy the game. Im not just trying to be annoying, but the game will still be a big surprise (even if you give tons of info.)

Just tell us the reason/reasons that you cant give out too much info. or why.

ZAM WILL ZAPATH!!

SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 08 December 2001 05:20 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
You guys it's DECEMBER!!!!!!!!! The game is coming out next summer. Just chill and it will be worth every moment of waiting.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

Thunder
VIP BonusXP
posted 08 December 2001 05:49 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
It's a fine line to walk. Those of you who were around during AOK's development will likely remember come cool features that were mentioned but that were cut before the game was released. This angered a great many people.

Releasing info. on a game in development is a tricky business. With so much changing, art and design wise, everyday, you really run the risk of giving people the wrong impression.

Believe me, magazines will soon be full of AoM pics and previews.

I hope people have a little patience, and don't go off bothering the ES folks. They have a game to make.

InsaneCow
Mortal
posted 08 December 2001 05:55 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
*Nods head* I totally agree with you Thunder, and I believe I can wait if I must. AOM is going to rock, and if you have enough patience to wait for its release, how come you are so impatient for info?

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
G-Dubs is the greatest president evah!
gone_postal
Mortal
posted 08 December 2001 07:23 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
If they follow their hype schedule, more people will buy the game as soon as it comes out--at a higher price than if they wait.

If they don't, some people won't be too excited and will wait until the price comes down.

Even though I really, really, really, really want new info, I don't think that ES should give out too much information.

He kicked me in the back
when i wasn't looking,
so I kicked him twice in the face
when he was.

gone postal

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames