You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Emergency look here now forummers & ES guys
Bottom
Topic Subject:Emergency look here now forummers & ES guys
jduderocks
Mortal
posted 11 December 2001 02:41 PM EDT (US)         
I've been away for a few days and haven't been able to get
online, but when I got back I saw my worst fears visaualised.

THE DEATH OF A FORUM

Yes its sad but true this is what I see, the stench of death is in the air, some of the most popular topics are about people leaving,forummers are suiciding!!!, OT discussions aren't as bad as they have been so there is a glimmer of hope this forum isn't dead quite yet we can still revive it!!!!!!

I've compiled a list of some stuff I think could really help our dying forum (please reply with any additions to this list)and sorted it into 2 groups 1 for forumers and 1 for ES guys.

FELLOW FORUMMERS

1. Lets try and think up really interesting topics and post them, so ES will wanna reply.

2. Reply to topics even if you really dont want to so we get nice long threads.

3. Think twice before posting something totally OT.
(feel free to add to this with your own ideas)

ES GUYS
(ES keep in mind these are just ideas you dont have to do them im not trying to force them to you but I really think that they could help the forum so dont take offence either that I dont mean you guys are being slack or anything)

1. Try to post a little bit more even if you find a topic as boring as hell just reply to it with something, as we all feel like our topics are special when you reply to them.

2. Please dont give out heaps of really juicy stuff on AOM just yet as this would probably completely kill the forum, but just some little tidbits would be great ie how much attack a villager might have etc.

3. Post your own threads as so far you guys have only replied it'd be great to see you guys posting your own topics.

4. Try to let us in on some of the things you guys are deciding over at ES you dont really have to value our opinions on the problem just let us think we are.

eg should the minotaur have even more attack and cost an extra ten favor?

note ES guys I think most forummers would really appreciate
you at least considering these ideas.(please post whether or not you'd do some of these ideas and why PLEASE)

AuthorReplies:
Thunder
VIP BonusXP
posted 11 December 2001 03:11 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
"2. Reply to topics even if you really dont want to so we get nice long threads."

I don't think that's a good idea at all. Good posts generally come from people who are actually interested in what they are talking about. Quality, not quantity.

The forum is quiet, except for all of the complaints about ES people not posting etc. To be honest, we have been totally spoiled. There are a great many fansites out there, ones for ES games too, that don't have developers visiting their forums AT ALL. Be glad the ES dudes pop in every now and then and be thankful. It is NOT their job to stop in here (except maybe Archangel) and post replies etc. The more forumers request (whine?) that they come here and post, the more it makes even me not want to post here.

If you want them to post here, a good way is to have some intelligent topics going.

Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 11 December 2001 05:31 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
Agreed with Thunder. Stop requesting from them and start posting!
SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 11 December 2001 06:46 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
You guys are panicing for no reason. The closer we get to AoM's release, the more the forums will pick up.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

Ashur
Mortal
posted 11 December 2001 06:53 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
Exactly. Who cares if a forum dies if it hasn't even been born.
Kiramun_Katibun
Banned
posted 11 December 2001 10:23 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
Hey hey

Hey thunder bro.. He isnt whineing.. he is asking nicely with good manors thank you very much

and also Sor DudE is right

Kaziglu Bey
Mortal
posted 11 December 2001 10:37 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
I fail to see the emergency. This forum will not die for years. So what if it gets a little slower at the moment. It will speed up again soon enough. Don't panic.
Thunder
VIP BonusXP
posted 12 December 2001 01:54 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
Kiramun_Katibun, I wasn't referring to anyone in particular.
Dark Age warrior
Mortal
posted 12 December 2001 04:26 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
I agree, there aren't as many new topics as before, but the Forum ain't dead.All thats happening is that the forum is slowing down a bit.It will come back.Anyway, AOM hasn't even been released.When it is out, everyone will post comments on it.You'll see.
Kiramun_Katibun
Banned
posted 12 December 2001 06:13 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
Hey hey

sureeeeeeeeee you didnt thunder sure ya didnt

Hhehe im just jokin around

Imperial Wizard
Mortal
posted 12 December 2001 10:44 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
Perhaps things will get more lively around here once the game is released.

Not all old men in ragged coats are bad old men; some are bone-and-bottle men, and have little dogs of their own, some are gardeners, and a few, a very few, are wizards prowling around on a holiday looking for something to do.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames