You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » GP_Intel and eggy related questions.
Bottom
Topic Subject:GP_Intel and eggy related questions.
COLOSSUS_91
Banned
posted 30 July 2006 03:11 PM EDT (US)         
Hi everyone, I have some eggy related questions that I want you guys to answer me.

I've heard that GP_Intel was probably the best player (or at least Isis player) in his time. I tried looking for
his replays but I have only been able to find one where he plays against Ourk. Does anybody know:
Where to find more of his replays? Or if someone has some could they please post them?
Did he play mostly vanilla? Why did he retire?

Now, on to the eggy questions.
Why are eles really considered OP if atties can deal with them with katas, Norse with bragi ulfs (and frosties for Odin), eggys with more eles, and Greeks with podromos or myrms (for Zeus)?
Why does Set require more micro than other eggies? Because of animals? (just a guess)
I recall someone saying that Possy counters Isis very good. Is this true? Why? Because of cheaper podromos? (guess)

Thx for the answers in advance.

AuthorReplies:
IceCreamDude
Mortal
posted 30 July 2006 03:18 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
3 Second Training times for a 750 hp unit..thats really good.

Katas -> Cost to much food to mass for atty eco in heroic to fighr eles.

Podromos -> Horrid Training times and do poorly against almost everything.

Bragi Ulfs -. Need to flood

[This message has been edited by IceCreamDude (edited 07-30-2006 @ 03:20 PM).]

i r n00b
Banned
posted 30 July 2006 03:43 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Katapeltas - only viable counter for Elephants, but suck vs everything else
Prodromos - sucks vs EVERYTHING, can't even beat Elephants pop effectively or cost effectively
Bragi Ulfs - As mentioned above, need to flood..
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 30 July 2006 05:06 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
you can find gp_intel games at agesanctuary.com Thats where the experts tend to post at
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 31 July 2006 01:45 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6       

Quoted from i r noob:

Prodromos - sucks vs EVERYTHING, can't even beat Elephants pop effectively or cost effectively

Prodromos do awesome against catapults! :P

But hey, this is another example for you generalizing too much, i r noob. Prodromos kill camels nicely, so they obviously do not suck vs everything. Against the other races, they have lots of uses, e.g. against hipps or RC. So while you have a point with what you meant, what you did say is simply wrong! Failing to elaborate like that actually means relaying false information and misleads unexperienced players.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
COLOSSUS_91
Banned
posted 05 August 2006 00:37 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Okay, I already got the replays, thx to a_game_a_win, and got an answer to why eles are OP... Any more answers?
Totemkopf
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 01:04 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Possy counters Isis well because he leans towards cavalry. Cavalry is good for raiding, and if the Isis player is attempting a FH then they will not have the resources to spend countering your raids, plus your raids will delay their heroic time. A semi-FH is alot less effetive than a FH if it occurs due to delays and not due to calculations (eg. Isis player takes another tc, gets out some rax units and booms before going heroic.)

I do not suffer from insanity.
I enjoy it.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames