You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » wtf with migdol strongholds?!?!?
Bottom
Topic Subject:wtf with migdol strongholds?!?!?
Chris_69
Banned
posted 04 August 2006 01:49 AM EDT (US)         
everyone says that isis is great with migdol strongholds and that u should build alot of them, but they cost 4h gold and 1h wood then the units r very expensive too, there good if u have a lazy opponent and can upgrade them all the way but if u cant...ur boned so.....y does every1 say isis is great with strongholds??
AuthorReplies:
havoc 55
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 02:00 AM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
Have you tried taking one down at 8:00 minutes with your classic army?

Also the units are not overly expensive. It only takes a few elephants to do quite a bit of damage to the enemy city. Then as he sends his entire army to fight those eles, send a couple chariots to raid, A/E, and that should screw him entirly and then he'll resign.

Bloodshedder
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 05:33 AM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
i play isis but my migdols are always buggered...
im a steady kinda 1600 playa buti rely nd getting to the mythic to win really...i rarely eva win in classic or heroic.
i rarely have an early attack
and they cost no wood btw

[This message has been edited by Bloodshedder (edited 08-04-2006 @ 05:34 AM).]

COLOSSUS_91
Banned
posted 04 August 2006 10:48 AM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
They cost 400g 10f IIRC so its relatively easy to make a couple as soon as you adv to heroic. Their units are not that expensive, and they are great, so thats why they cost more.
harr
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 10:54 AM EDT (US)     4 / 15       

Quote:

They cost 400g 10f

Food starts with f as well as favour, so just putting f could confuse people who don't know how much it costs.
COLOSSUS_91
Banned
posted 04 August 2006 11:01 AM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
Yes, I actually thought of that, but I also thought that not many buildings cost food (none that I can think of right now), and that most "fortress" type buildings cost favor.
Although some people might not know that so I'll try to be more careful next time.
harr
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 03:16 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15       

Quote:

but I also thought that not many buildings cost food (none that I can think of right now)

Good point, I didn't think of that. But not many buildings cost favour. Excluding expansion pack buildings the only ones I can think of are fortress type buildings. If someone knows that other fortress buildings cost favour they are likely to know that midgols do too.
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 04:18 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
what are you talking about? migdols are very ez to spam in later ages as you only really need one resource:gold. They have the most hp and possibly the most attack. And miggy units are very strong. migdols are totally worth the cost
cid400
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 04:24 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15       
i hate migdols

1.Norse have to pay 250g 250w and 5 favor

2 greeks have to pay 300g 300w and i think 7 favor?not sure on the favor

3atties have to pay 300g 300w and 8 favor

Eggys get theres for 400g and 10 favor i think it needs to be raised to like 650 gold and 10 favor

Cid Highwind is the BEST final Fasntsy caracter ever!!

FFVII OWNS ALL

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 04:35 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15       
its 10 favor for greek fortresses
bobby1113
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 04:37 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15       
I've had a lot of trouble with this FH strat to. I got all my times right against the computer but it didn't help because people are so much better. killed my rating trying this.
TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 06:46 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
I think midgol pricing is fair, its just lategame they get very easy to spam!
ScionOfWar
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 06:54 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
In my opinion egyptians are pretty weak without migdol units to buff up their army. I mean come on... look at it.

-Chariot archers can be pumped out in seconds flat almost anywhere, and as their counter infantry they're a nifty unit.

-Camelry are good not only against archers but other cavalry. Probably the most versatile egyptian human unit.

-Elephants... they're big, elephanty, and yeah. It's a good unit if you want to seige someone but are worried about some cavalry popping into the scene.

Pug
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 07:13 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15       
Migdols secure gold,, the life line of eggy. Plus they produce fast training archers and / or the most op human unit in the game (elephants) Under the right god paths you can spam those op eles in a few seconds as long as you get your econ up and going.

R.I.P Shiva
Steve_the_Pirate
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 08:32 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15       

Quote:

i hate migdols

1.Norse have to pay 250g 250w and 5 favor

2 greeks have to pay 300g 300w and i think 7 favor?not sure on the favor

3atties have to pay 300g 300w and 8 favor

Eggys get theres for 400g and 10 favor i think it needs to be raised to like 650 gold and 10 favor

R u crazy? that would render the egyptians to almost as bad as Atlantean. And then it would be basically a 2 civ. game. If u do not know the best way to defeat a Eggy is in the classical then u shouldnt be playing this game. That would mean if u played egyptian in everyage u'd be weak.
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 09:14 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15       
a migdol/rax combo is very good. A good combo vs greek is ele, spearmen army, with mu and hero. But that is very very food heavy, so hard to exxecute.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames