You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Failed Rush
Bottom
Topic Subject:Failed Rush
Liebonton
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 02:21 AM EDT (US)         
I resently played a 1vs1 rated game as Kronos. My strategy was to rush him. He was Zeus and as I was killing his villies he advanced and used ceasefire. He then made barracks and an army. When ceasefire was over I had no chance and soon my army died. I was counting on my rush to work and it didnt. I didnt have many villies and soon found him attacking me. I managed to fend him off with few resources but soon fell to him becuase of a poor economy. Can you please offer any tips as to rushing with Kronos and how to survive if you fail at it. Thx in advanced.
AuthorReplies:
TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 03:45 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Watching expert cyclone recordings is a good place to start. Greeks I think are better not to krush, but still good to go heavy in classical, because you have superior unit combinations.

aot.sanctuary.com sign up and begin downloading .

Chamale
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 12:05 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Against Zeus or Poseidon, a rush is bad because they can use ceasefire. Against Hades, a rush is bad because he uses archers, which are countered by cavalry, which you get in Heroic, so you need a good and varied army to fight Hades, as archer counters can quickly be pwned by small infantry forces.

I'm on a a mac, I don't have titans, I'm new to age of mythology but not all RTS.
Pi memorisers club! Not to be confused with Pi club! Memorise Pi to at least 10 decimal places (3.1415926535) and post what you have memorised in your signature! 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944
Grim_Reaper72
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 01:55 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
you can use turmas :P

ESO Account-Cyclopes_ Rating:1642
~New~! Computer Specs:
Intel Pentium 4 3.00 Ghz Processer
1.00 GB Of RAM
120 GB Hard Drive
256 MB nVidia Grapics:Maybe Soon To Be Dual 512MBATI Radeon
Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 04 August 2006 01:59 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
you dont rush hades anyway cos of sentinels, stronger tower attack and more building HP.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
Liebonton
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 02:56 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Thx for all the tips but I am still wondering how to recover from a failed rush against any god. Usally it works but when it doesnt I have a poor economy.
Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 03:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Lol don't rush greek with atl? madness.

All greeks get flooded and gold controlled by atl's cheap fast units. Sentinels and ceasefire hardly make a difference. Sentinels cannot be placed in useful positions, ceasefire provides too little time to build up adequate numbers, and the atl can use the time to flood and scout all your gold mines out. I'd rather have pestilence as Poseidon :/

Liebonton, a failed rush should usually mean a failed game. The object of the rush is to hit your opponent fast and early to compromise him before he has a chance to hit back. If you cant keep him in then often it means he played a better game and you've lost.

The trick is not to get suicidal with your rush. If you can see your kronos rush isn't going too well (i.e. he has his gold mine secure and a good enough sized army), don't continue throwing your units away in his building fire fighting his army. Instead pull back, mass units to pop limit whilst raiding his economy with turma (without engaging military) and setting up LOS and control of his possible second gold mines. If you can stop him reaching a second mine you will soon win as he runs out of gold. Make sure you can see all the map in fog (not black) using single turmas.

Alternatively, just pull back and max out on TCs and use attie's insane early eco to get into heroic, and then you should be able to construct a market, go mythic and get a titan out at about 18 mins. He wont be able to break out and beat your OP attie army quick enough to stop you once you know how to do this well.

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.

[This message has been edited by Sam_Ham (edited 08-04-2006 @ 03:09 PM).]

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 03:12 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
yea, i was about to say wtf. You always rush greeks as atty. You got housed. simple as that. you proably sat at 35 pop, forgetting to build another house. and the zeus player didn't. And ceasefire isn't a rush stopper either (maybe a villie rush) because you both still build up in army size and econ while you wait for ceasefire to end. Pest is the only true rush stopper
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames