You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.21 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Who is the better god out of Norse trying to pick..
Bottom
Topic Subject:Who is the better god out of Norse trying to pick..
RSP_JOSH_12
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 06:01 PM EDT (US)         
who is the better god out of the Norse group? im trying to pick one to play supremacy and other types cause i see alot of experts ( under quick game) play with alot of norse and rush me to death. so i wanna try a norse guy. Thank You for your help. Anyways im 1615 just wanna put that out there. : )
AuthorReplies:
Pug
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 06:12 PM EDT (US)     1 / 21       
Probably Thor due to the better economy he can get going. Plus he has some good god paths.

R.I.P Shiva
ScionOfWar
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 06:32 PM EDT (US)     2 / 21       
I've always liked loki in supremacy simply because his hersirs can help out a TON in a loki rush, since they summon myth units.
havoc 55
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 09:02 PM EDT (US)     3 / 21       
Thor is best.

Loki has a stronger classic rush, but if it fails his strength is gone.

No one bother arguing that loki is better or anything becuase it was just done here -> loki gayness - http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,23105,,all

[This message has been edited by havoc 55 (edited 08-04-2006 @ 09:08 PM).]

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 09:04 PM EDT (US)     4 / 21       
Thor.

Does every thing loki and Odin can do better.

havoc 55
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 09:09 PM EDT (US)     5 / 21       

Quoted from a_game_a_win:

except spawn MUs

PS- thanks for telling me how to quote!

[This message has been edited by havoc 55 (edited 08-04-2006 @ 09:10 PM).]

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 09:12 PM EDT (US)     6 / 21       
well, actually , thor can't really do many of lokis strats if they involve lots of hersirs (which most do).

And your welcome havoc

havoc 55
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 09:36 PM EDT (US)     7 / 21       

Thor.

well, actually , thor can't really do many of lokis strats if they involve lots of hersirs (which most do).

Contradicting ?

I think it would be safe to say Thor can do just about anything better than Odin, but Loki has a different play style which makes him quite different. He may not be better, but it depends how you wish to play.

Totemkopf
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 10:11 PM EDT (US)     8 / 21       
^^ Not true. Although I think Thor is the better god in general, Odin's ravens are very usefull for scouting which makes raiding/cutting of gold much easier. Also Odin's raiding bonuses are amplified by his god paths lean towards amazingly powerful cavalry (esp. Jarls).

Also it depends on your playstyle. If you really are the rushing type, like MU's and heros or prefer to attemp to end games quickly then Loki might be best for you.

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 10:21 PM EDT (US)     9 / 21       
My second statement is a correction to my first.

Quoted from Totemkopf:

Also Odin's raiding bonuses are amplified by his god paths lean towards amazingly powerful cavalry (esp. Jarls).

lol, heres the ghey part about Thor. His extra and earlier armoury upgrades makes his jarls stronger in battle. Plus his hunting bonus early on makes it much easier to mass rc, then odin

Totemkopf
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 11:08 PM EDT (US)     10 / 21       
Yeah I suppose, although wouldn't great hunt amount to the same thing as the hunting bonus early on? Obviously Thor's would have a greater long term effect, but then Odin's cav upgrades would have greater long term effects than Thors early armory...

I guess when you consider it, all Odin really has up on Thor is his Ravens, while Thor wins or ties with him at mostly everything else. Poor Odin.

I do not suffer from insanity.
I enjoy it.
CrimsonBlade319
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 11:23 PM EDT (US)     11 / 21       
Technically speaking, no one god is better than the other, it just depends on how you play. Some gods are played more than others and have more strategies, making them seem better, but if you sit down, you can really figure out good strategies for each one. What kind of game do you play? If you like turtling don't go norse. If you like economy I would say Thor. If you are good at rushing go Loki. If for some reason (don't ask me), you wanted to try a fast heroic as norse, I would say Odin as his hillfort units are quite strong. On the same note, those that think Loki loses power if his first rush fails are wrong. If the first rush fails, any player should have a good economy to fall back on, and you will know what your opponent is doing ,therefore being able to counter him effectively.
TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 11:40 PM EDT (US)     12 / 21       
Isis played using her bonus vs Loki played using his bonus = Isis wins. Tell me after you have sat down and thought about this how the matchup is equal.
CrimsonBlade319
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 11:51 PM EDT (US)     13 / 21       
I see your point general. I am also saying that if two evenly matched players who knew their god well played against each other, the game would most likely be close, and the player with more skill would eventually win. Isis is considered over powered, but there are ways to beat her. It depends on how you play and how well you know your counters.
Kang_the_Mad
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 00:15 AM EDT (US)     14 / 21       
Well the best player I know plays Odin and does a crazy rush =/
ElUsive_BoBass
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 00:24 AM EDT (US)     15 / 21       
i would say thor because he can just build dwarves for your economy since thor makes dwarves gather food and wood better then normal dwarves... you can save the extra food for more men or advancing
RSP_JOSH_12
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 00:51 AM EDT (US)     16 / 21       
Thank you for ALL of your replies, I see that Odin is the best for simple raiding, and better economy. Thank You once again.
Grim_Reaper72
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 01:01 AM EDT (US)     17 / 21       
^^^^
?
thor has the best economy and is the best out of the 3

ESO Account-Cyclopes_ Rating:1642
~New~! Computer Specs:
Intel Pentium 4 3.00 Ghz Processer
1.00 GB Of RAM
120 GB Hard Drive
256 MB nVidia Grapics:Maybe Soon To Be Dual 512MBATI Radeon
COLOSSUS_91
Banned
posted 05 August 2006 01:03 AM EDT (US)     18 / 21       

Quote:

Odin is the best for simple raiding, and better economy.

Odin might be better for rading because of his "birds" but Thor has better eco. Specially in water maps.
ScionOfWar
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 01:53 AM EDT (US)     19 / 21       
JOSH you should edit your first post so this has a poll, cuz it's gunna be a close one haha
PharaohZ
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 03:31 AM EDT (US)     20 / 21       
I think Loki is best at attacking. Esp. when u worship Hel. And of cause his Heroes summon MU. And if you worship Hel and use reserch Rampage. And his yth units cost less favor. You can also train your ox carts faster and even though they're weaker if find this bonus useful.

Thor is very good at economy. Dwarves are cheaper are good at gathering food and wood (in addition to gold). He also has his special armory.

Odin is good at attacking too. His human units regenerate and his Hill Forts have ore HP. He is good at economy too cause his villagers hunt faster and use that bonus with his GP "Great Hunt". He is also good at scouting. ainly because he has his respawning ravens.

Hope this has helped!

i r n00b
Banned
posted 05 August 2006 06:22 AM EDT (US)     21 / 21       
Thor is better, but Loki is not much worse than Thor, except when vs Thor on high food where Thor just rapes Loki. Odin is the god that just sucks lol.

High hunt:

Thor > Loki
Thor > Odin

Low hunt:

Thor =/= Loki
Thor > Odin

Medit, Anatolia:

Thor > Loki
Thor > Odin

Highland, Midgard:

Thor < Loki
Thor > Odin